Applied early, no interview offer, give up?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ckkk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So I applied through Pharmcas in Oct and sent in all my supplementals in Novemeber and gotten a few interviews here and there (mostly the backup schools) but not the ones I really want to go to :(... My stats are pretty low (2.8GPA, 78PCAT) but lots of extras/volunteering/work/research and so.

Anyone with a low GPA offered an interview at Albany, Nova, Touro NY and Regis? (I don't know why i havent hear from Touro and Regis) It's been more than 2 months since I applied and haven't gotten interview offers with them. Is it basically that these schools don't want to just flat out reject me but I am not "competitive" enough to be offered an interview at this point?
Should I just "give up" on these schools? (Not in a harsh way, but just don't have my hopes up too high???)

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

So I applied through Pharmcas in Oct and sent in all my supplementals in Novemeber and gotten a few interviews here and there (mostly the backup schools) but not the ones I really want to go to :(... My stats are pretty low (2.8GPA, 78PCAT) but lots of extras/volunteering/work/research and so.

Anyone with a low GPA offered an interview at Albany, Nova, Touro NY and Regis? (I don't know why i havent hear from Touro and Regis) It's been more than 2 months since I applied and haven't gotten interview offers with them. Is it basically that these schools don't want to just flat out reject me but I am not "competitive" enough to be offered an interview at this point?
Should I just "give up" on these schools? (Not in a harsh way, but just don't have my hopes up too high???)

What were the other schools you got interviews with, and what happened after?

Hi everyone,

Touro doesn't look at pcat. I applied to 15 schools with 2.7 overall and 2.5 science..88pcat i got interview invite to every single one but mcphs, who doesn't look at pcat as well. 4 schools is so little!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

I feel like you should get interview at Regis and nova

I know 5 people who applied to pharmacy school and got in on their second attempt. So you can always apply next year after getting more experience and maybe retaking classes. But with stats like yours, I think you would have to apply to a lot of schools to get in. You can't be too picky. So don't give up, apply next year and apply to a lot of schools. Its a lot of work but if you really want to become a pharmacist it will be worth it.

Why reapply when he got interviews at backup schools? A year is not worth wasting over when u are accepted somewhere.

Hey guys,

sorry if I wasnt clear enough!
I got accepted at Notre dame of maryland and Thomas Jefferson but I cant go to TJU because they wont accept my physiology credit ERGGGGGH
and im waitlisted at Midwestern :(

I am waiting on Nova and Albany (I would choose these two over Touro and Regis) but I just wanted to know if I shouln't have my hopes up too much on getting interview offers from those two schools since its already been 2months since I handed everything in! :(

I feel like you should get interview at Regis and nova

hey, did you interview at Nova? When did you submit everything and when did you hear from them???? Thanks!

Hey guys,

sorry if I wasnt clear enough!
I got accepted at Notre dame of maryland and Thomas Jefferson but I cant go to TJU because they wont accept my physiology credit ERGGGGGH
and im waitlisted at Midwestern :(

I am waiting on Nova and Albany (I would choose these two over Touro and Regis) but I just wanted to know if I shouln't have my hopes up too much on getting interview offers from those two schools since its already been 2months since I handed everything in! :(

Why won't Jefferson accept your physio class? Did you happen to take the class at a local CC and weren't able to transfer it over?

Personally I'd accept either Notre Dame or Jefferson, but only if your intention to matriculate into the program is required by email/mail soon. I wouldn't take a chance in hoping that you'll get an interview, THEN getting accepted to your top school if it will jeopardize your current acceptances.

Why won't Jefferson accept your physio class? Did you happen to take the class at a local CC and weren't able to transfer it over?

Personally I'd accept either Notre Dame or Jefferson, but only if your intention to matriculate into the program is required by email/mail soon. I wouldn't take a chance in hoping that you'll get an interview, THEN getting accepted to your top school if it will jeopardize your current acceptances.
Hey yes I paid my deposit for Notre dame so I guess I'm safe for now.
I'm a Canadian applicant and I sent in everything I needed by the one physio semester credit, TJU will not accept! I was realllllllly super dissapointed but there's nothing I can do about it :(

I wouldn't lose hope. Your GPA isn't as competitive but your pcat is and so is your ec's. schools keep interviewing till May I think so you still have months to hear from them. You have already gotten into a school so I keep your head up high!

Mercer University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences Class of 2017! :)

Last edited:
Yes - I would suggest that you give up.

hey, did you interview at Nova? When did you submit everything and when did you hear from them???? Thanks!

No sorry didn't apply to nova

Isn't Notre Dame a brand new school? I wouldn't normally call a new school top notch..
I understand its not the best school however, through their open house, I learned that they have great clinical rotation available such as at Johns Hopkins hospital! Hopefully they become a top notch institution soon :)