Apply for other health profession school after submitting dental app

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bucks783

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So on the AADSAS app there is a question that asks "Have you previously, or are you currently applying to a health profession school other than dental school?"

Well I didn't but I am now considering other options for which I have other prereqs fulfilled in case I an unable to gain admission to dental school. Dental school is my number one choice, however, I have come to realize I may not get in (harsh reality). I am waitlisted right now at a few schools so I am just curious on how everyone thinks I should approach this question if I do decide to apply to a different profession program. Or if it isn't necessary since I already submitted it....what do you all think is best?

Members don't see this ad.

You can't edit your AADSAS application after you submit it.
But if you decide to apply to another program I would answer the question truthfully on the application.

So on the AADSAS app there is a question that asks "Have you previously, or are you currently applying to a health profession school other than dental school?"

Well I didn't but I am now considering other options for which I have other prereqs fulfilled in case I an unable to gain admission to dental school. Dental school is my number one choice, however, I have come to realize I may not get in (harsh reality). I am waitlisted right now at a few schools so I am just curious on how everyone thinks I should approach this question if I do decide to apply to a different profession program. Or if it isn't necessary since I already submitted it....what do you all think is best?
Out of curiosity, what programs are you planning on applying to this late?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have heard that some places are still offering admissions to their DPT program with deadlines into mid february and march - I already have a majority, if not all of the courses complete.

I have heard that some places are still offering admissions to their DPT program with deadlines into mid february and march - I already have a majority, if not all of the courses complete.

OP, you should try again (retake DAT, retake some classes) IF dentistry is truly ur passion. Physical therapy sometimes wont live up to your needs.

Dont switch to look for an easy way out (not that i mean u want an easy way out)

If the plan doesn't work out, change the plan, not the goal!

Reactions: 2 users
If you don't get in this time, apply next year. Would you rather wait one year for your dream or spend the rest of your life in a job you don't like as much wondering "what if"?

OP, you should try again (retake DAT, retake some classes) IF dentistry is truly ur passion. Physical therapy sometimes wont live up to your needs.

Dont switch to look for an easy way out (not that i mean u want an easy way out)

I know, the DAT is the only think I feel would somewhat help. I don't wanna take out more loans for classes after this semester. I got a 4.0 taking upper level science classes this semester though so I will have that in my academic update. PT is something that had my interest last year after an injury as well as injuries to people in my family, but I know dentistry is what I am passionate for. I am sure you may have seen posts of mine before and it's just a stressful time right now finance wise and just wanting to start a program soon.