Applying/feedback while on waitlist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Softball1098

Reaction score
I am currently waitlisted at a school that is offering to do application feedback. Will applying next cycle at the same school before hearing about waitlist decisions or getting application feedback impact my chance to get off the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
That's the unfortunate part of last year's cycle overlapping with the next year's by 2 months or more.
Some people do go to the application review appointment so do this if you think it will be helpful for you.
Your WL spot from this year will stay active until that school closes the class for orientation.

Reactions: 1 user
I am currently waitlisted at a school that is offering to do application feedback. Will applying next cycle at the same school before hearing about waitlist decisions or getting application feedback impact my chance to get off the waitlist?
Wow! I haven't heard of any school offering feedback while your application is still active, so I honestly don't know how to answer this! Just reapplying, without the feedback, is a common occurrence, and would not impact your chances of receiving a WL call for 2 reasons. #1 - No one is going to blame you for reapplying without an acceptance in the current cycle. #2 - By the time the school receives your application (early June at the absolute earliest) the vast majority of WL movement is done, so there is not a lot of movement left to impact.

TBH, if it was me, I'd be more concerned about what the offer to give you feedback while you are still on the WL means for your chances of receiving a call than what reapplying would mean. Has the school specifically offered this feedback to you, or are you just assuming it is available to you because it is available to rejected candidates? If it's the latter, you might be jumping the gun, and they might tell you they cannot talk to you while your application is still pending. If it's the former, it might be a signal that you are not going to be called off the WL.

I'd be curious to hear whether others have received feedback and then been called off a WL in the same cycle. Good luck!!

Reactions: 1 users
It happens all the time. No impact.