-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Applying for AuD school for Fall 2013?
Started by cmc271
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm in the process of applying right now. I'm feeling pretty nervous about it.
I'm applying next year! And I'm only 20...how crazy!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel like it is pretty tough to make suggestions. There's so many great programs out there, but it totally depends on cost and location. What area are you in?I'm in the process of applying also! If anyone has advice on programs it would be greatly appreciated 🙂
I'm applying for the second time this year! I didn't plan things out very well last year, but I'm feeling better about revamping my applications/personal statements this year!
Good luck to everyone! 🙂
Good luck to everyone! 🙂
I'm applying next year! And I'm only 20...how crazy!
I'm in your boat, BriannaGrace. I'm in the process of applying, and I've barely been 21 for a month. Everyone else in my cohort is at least a year and a half older.
Applying to UF, USF, UT, ETSU, and Towson. Terrified I'm going to screw up something on my application and not get in
Good luck to everyone who's applying!
Hello everyone, I recently began to consider a career in audiology and I am planning to apply to Nova AuD program for fall 2013. Can anyone tell me how they like this program. Also how the application process was for them and the GRE. Thanks 😃also what do you think about this career's outlook.
I have a crazy girl in a few of my classes who absolutely INSISTS she is getting into UT Dallas...needless to say the girls in my program think they're hot stuff. Thankfully I'm the only other Audiology major!
Wow, she does think pretty highly of herself! I'm applying there, but have virtually no expectation of getting in. Where are you applying to?I have a crazy girl in a few of my classes who absolutely INSISTS she is getting into UT Dallas...needless to say the girls in my program think they're hot stuff. Thankfully I'm the only other Audiology major!
I'll actually be applying for 2014, but I'm looking at Northwestern, UConn, UW, Pacific University, Cincinnati and possibly University of Utah. There are quite a few choices!
I too am applying as you can tell based off of my recent 'am i screwed' thread. I am applying to all 21 schools just to be on the safe side. I've learned my lesson from high school.
I am a bit of an unusual candidate because i am a male biology major (3.4 gpa, 3.9 last 60). Not sure how that's going to play out but i have my fingers crossed... my verbal section on the gre is going to be horrid (bio-majors only take 1 year of english), but i should excel in math. Too bad they don't have physics, chemistry or bio sections on the GRE 😛
I am a bit of an unusual candidate because i am a male biology major (3.4 gpa, 3.9 last 60). Not sure how that's going to play out but i have my fingers crossed... my verbal section on the gre is going to be horrid (bio-majors only take 1 year of english), but i should excel in math. Too bad they don't have physics, chemistry or bio sections on the GRE 😛
I too am applying as you can tell based off of my recent 'am i screwed' thread. I am applying to all 21 schools just to be on the safe side. I've learned my lesson from high school.
Seriously??? 21 schools seems really extreme... I barely have time for 5 apps. Not to mention the cost to send GRE scores and transcripts. Also, my letters of rec writers would probably murder me in my sleep.
I think you might be going a little overboard. As far as I've heard, hard science majors generally do pretty well when it comes to Au.D. admissions, because they've proven they can handle a pretty heavy level of course work. Doesn't seem like you have anything working against you there, so you might want to narrow your list for the sake of your sanity.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I barely have time for 5 apps. Not to mention the cost to send GRE scores and transcripts. Also, my letters of rec writers would probably murder me in my sleep.
Came back to say this! I'm applying to 7, which seems like a lot to me, but is meant to help me feel better about my poor apps last year, ha, but I can't imagine 21! The application/GRE score/transcript fees are wiping me out!
On another note, all of my online applications are submitted! Just a few more things to finish and put in the mail - hoping to have all that done this week, and let the nail biting until March commence!

Can anyone share any possible pros and cons between attending a program that is classified R1 vs. a program that is not research focused?
I visited an R1, and it really, REALLY pushed its AuDs students to pursue AuD/PhD dual degrees. On the one hand, this is great if you like research and plan to go into academia, but still want clinical competence. On the other hand, they flat out said that if you need funding, you better do the dual degree, because they don't have any funding to offer just AuDs. And the AuD/PhD program takes about 7 years

The smaller, less researchy schools I looked at seemed much more willing to give financial aid, and seemed to provide ample opportunities to do clinical stuff and even research if one wished, without the pressure to pursue the PhD.
Thanks for some feed back 🙂 I also noticed the "PhD push" while visiting two large R1 programs and I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I'm sure after 4 more years of school I'll be ready to take a break from continuous schooling for a while! Looking back at one of your previous post I see that we have our eyes set on a few of the same schools! Good Luck!!
Thank you! Good luck to you as well!
I love audiology, but the idea of 7 more years in school before even being able to practice? Yikes. Rather inconvenient that that would be about the age I would want to get married, start a family, have a life outside of my career, etc....
I love audiology, but the idea of 7 more years in school before even being able to practice? Yikes. Rather inconvenient that that would be about the age I would want to get married, start a family, have a life outside of my career, etc....
Hello everyone, I recently began to consider a career in audiology and I am planning to apply to Nova AuD program for fall 2013. Can anyone tell me how they like this program. Also how the application process was for them and the GRE. Thanks 😃also what do you think about this career's outlook.
I actually applied to Nova last yr and got in but decided on another school because of the cost of a private school. The application process was fairly alright. I did the online application and they wrote me back in about two week and told me they wanted to interview me which I did on Skype because I was out of state. They asked the basic questions "tell me about yourself" "why do you want to be an audiologist" "your best and worse qualities" it was pretty simple. I would definitely recommend visiting the campus and meeting with Dr. Friedland that's what I did and I think that helped me out a lot. GRE wise i didnt have the highest score and my GPA was average my letters of Recommendations were pretty good and my personal statement I think was great, plus is had experience and had shadowed an audiologist. I hope this helped
Hi All--
I'm applying to AuD programs for Fall 2013. I'm an SLP and have been in practice 3 years now...and have hated it!
Have been working at my MIL's audiology practice since May and keep wondering why I chose SLP grad school in the first place!
Good luck to you all!
I'm applying to AuD programs for Fall 2013. I'm an SLP and have been in practice 3 years now...and have hated it!
Have been working at my MIL's audiology practice since May and keep wondering why I chose SLP grad school in the first place!
Good luck to you all!
Howdy!
I'm applying for Fall 2013 and am only 20 years old as well! (I won't turn 21 until June!) I'm currently an undergrad at UT Dallas. I decided to apply to UT Dallas, Washington U, U of North Texas, and Vanderbilt. I already finished my apps and am just waiting for everything to arrive at the schools. I'm already getting nervous!! Good luck everyone! 🙂
I'm applying for Fall 2013 and am only 20 years old as well! (I won't turn 21 until June!) I'm currently an undergrad at UT Dallas. I decided to apply to UT Dallas, Washington U, U of North Texas, and Vanderbilt. I already finished my apps and am just waiting for everything to arrive at the schools. I'm already getting nervous!! Good luck everyone! 🙂
So, where is everyone applying?
Northwestern
Pitt
U Tennessee
Gallaudet
LSU
U Wisconsin Madison
U Akron
Those are my choices so far. Does anybody have any input on these? I haven't visited any yet! Applications are close to being done for most of them.
I wish there was good info somewhere re: who applied where, with what stats, and with what results.... browsing through past threads, not a lot of people posted their personal stats. Understandable, I suppose!
Northwestern
Pitt
U Tennessee
Gallaudet
LSU
U Wisconsin Madison
U Akron
Those are my choices so far. Does anybody have any input on these? I haven't visited any yet! Applications are close to being done for most of them.
I wish there was good info somewhere re: who applied where, with what stats, and with what results.... browsing through past threads, not a lot of people posted their personal stats. Understandable, I suppose!
I'm applying to:So, where is everyone applying?
Northwestern
Pitt
U Tennessee
Gallaudet
LSU
U Wisconsin Madison
U Akron
Those are my choices so far. Does anybody have any input on these? I haven't visited any yet! Applications are close to being done for most of them.
I wish there was good info somewhere re: who applied where, with what stats, and with what results.... browsing through past threads, not a lot of people posted their personal stats. Understandable, I suppose!
AT Still University
Arizona State University (graduating with my bachelor's from here next week!)
University of Arizona
LSU
If you're up for sharing stats, I'll do so over a PM!
So, where is everyone applying?
No overlaps here!
I'm applying to:
U Texas - Dallas
U Texas - Austin
U North Texas
Lamar U
Pacific U
U Washington
Colorado U
🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm applying to:
Vanderbilt University
University of North Carolina
University of Iowa
University of Washington
University of Texas at Dallas
Indiana University
University of Memphis
University of Tennessee
Auburn University
All of my applications are submitted! Just waiting on letters of rec and a few transcripts!
I am a current Vanderbilt undergrad so if you guys have any questions about the Vandy program, just let me know.
Vanderbilt University
University of North Carolina
University of Iowa
University of Washington
University of Texas at Dallas
Indiana University
University of Memphis
University of Tennessee
Auburn University
All of my applications are submitted! Just waiting on letters of rec and a few transcripts!
I am a current Vanderbilt undergrad so if you guys have any questions about the Vandy program, just let me know.
I'm applying to Salus (recently accepted!!), UConn, and Montclair
Just got an interview for Pacific! So excited/nervous!
Anyone have any specific interview tips?
Anyone have any specific interview tips?
Just got an interview for Pacific! So excited/nervous!
Anyone have any specific interview tips?
Anyone have any specific interview tips?
Just got an interview for Pacific! So excited/nervous!
Anyone have any specific interview tips?
Do your research on the specific school. It always helps and shows your genuine interest in the specific program.
Prepare typical questions before hand-"Tell me about yourself", "Why are you pursuing Audiology", "Define Audiology", "What are your strengths", "What are you weaknesses", "What do you think will be the greatest challenge in graduate school", "What other schools are you applying to", "Why are you choosing that specific University"
And prepare your own questions to ask about the program at the end!
I remember being extremely nervous for my interviews. However, the nerves settled the minute we started. Try and relax. Remember, they invited YOU! They already think your are a great candidate 🙂 Good luck!
I remember being extremely nervous for my interviews. However, the nerves settled the minute we started. Try and relax. Remember, they invited YOU! They already think your are a great candidate 🙂 Good luck!
Thank you so much! Hopefully my nerves settle as well! 😉
So, where is everyone applying?
Northwestern
Pitt
U Tennessee
Gallaudet
LSU
U Wisconsin Madison
U Akron
Those are my choices so far. Does anybody have any input on these? I haven't visited any yet! Applications are close to being done for most of them.
I wish there was good info somewhere re: who applied where, with what stats, and with what results.... browsing through past threads, not a lot of people posted their personal stats. Understandable, I suppose!
I've applied to
UF
USF
ETSU
Louisiana Tech University
UNC
Really hoping to stay in state and go to UF
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 6K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 20K