-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Applying for AuD school for Fall 2013?
Started by cmc271
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not yet, maybe Monday?
Did you end up taking an interview at AT Still? If so, when is your date set for? I'm interviewing there later today!Hey I got an interview at Pacific! march 2nd!
Also heard from Arizona Still University, was invited for an interview there as well...
Any advice??
hi I am an undergrad senior at the Univ. of Colorado- Boulder and am anxiously waiting to hear back from schools like most of you. I applied to around 10 and so far have only heard back from one- U Maryland with a rejection. I would really like to know more about who has applied to the consortium program Adelphi/Hofstra/stjohns as well as towson, pittsburgh, gallaudet, syracuse, UMASS, UTaustin, and Northeastern.
I visited maryland, towson, gallaudet and adelphi in january and was able to meet the clinical faculty and tour all of the clinics so if anyone has questiosn feel free to ask me.
I am also an SLHS undergrad at CU Boulder so know very much about our program here so please ask me questions if you have them.
I have a pretty low GPA (3.3 last 60 and in the major) but extensive volunteer and intern experience as well and average gre scores so I do not plan on getting in most schools but am hoping for at least ONE. if anyone could give me feedback or advice on these schools or there experiences that would be great
I visited maryland, towson, gallaudet and adelphi in january and was able to meet the clinical faculty and tour all of the clinics so if anyone has questiosn feel free to ask me.
I am also an SLHS undergrad at CU Boulder so know very much about our program here so please ask me questions if you have them.
I have a pretty low GPA (3.3 last 60 and in the major) but extensive volunteer and intern experience as well and average gre scores so I do not plan on getting in most schools but am hoping for at least ONE. if anyone could give me feedback or advice on these schools or there experiences that would be great
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just recently was accepted to Northeastern University and I was just wondering if anyone else is considering going here or knows anything about the program? I'll be visiting at the end of March, but wanted to familiarize myself with the program/area before I went. I'm from the Midwest and have never been to Boston, so I'm nervous/excited! It seems like a really great program, but it's super expensive and I don't know how/when they offer funding.
Hi guys! So I applied to some of the Florida schools-- I was wondering if anyone had any insight on UF and USF's program concerning when we should be hearing back?? UF said around March 15 but I have no idea about USF. I was wondering if anyone knew anything?? Or maybe I missed something on the website? lol I also was wondering if UF and USF's programs conduct interviews. Thanks for the help!
Hi, I am in the same boat as you waiting for USF. I went to old acceptance threads to see what the average date of acceptance was. From that, it seems we could find out any day now. Also went to UF for undergrad and do not remember hearing of any interviews, but I may be wrong.
In response to AuDgirl, I applied to Cincinnati but haven't heard anything back yet.. I believe last year most people heard around this time of March, so hopefully we'll hear soon!
To KCO47, I applied to KUMC but haven't heard anything back yet.. anxiously waiting! I applied to a few schools in the Kansas/Missouri area and haven't really noticed anyone else applying to those schools. Hopefully that means I'll get an automatic yes!
To KCO47, I applied to KUMC but haven't heard anything back yet.. anxiously waiting! I applied to a few schools in the Kansas/Missouri area and haven't really noticed anyone else applying to those schools. Hopefully that means I'll get an automatic yes!
Hi Madgab,
I was also accepted to Northeastern and happen to be from the east coast. I personally love Boston and Northeastern is in a great area. I visited the program over the summer, the facilities were very new and the professors/students I met with were all very friendly. I asked about funding when I was there and from what I remember they said that the first year is mainly scholarships/financial aid and then after that the opportunity for TA/grad assistantships. However, I was also told that because they are the only program in Boston they have a good relationship with the VA and have placed students there for paid fieldwork in the third year.
Not sure when we'll find out what funding, but I'm hoping soon! I would love to go if the financial end of things works out.
I was also accepted to Northeastern and happen to be from the east coast. I personally love Boston and Northeastern is in a great area. I visited the program over the summer, the facilities were very new and the professors/students I met with were all very friendly. I asked about funding when I was there and from what I remember they said that the first year is mainly scholarships/financial aid and then after that the opportunity for TA/grad assistantships. However, I was also told that because they are the only program in Boston they have a good relationship with the VA and have placed students there for paid fieldwork in the third year.
Not sure when we'll find out what funding, but I'm hoping soon! I would love to go if the financial end of things works out.
I just recently was accepted to Northeastern University and I was just wondering if anyone else is considering going here or knows anything about the program? I'll be visiting at the end of March, but wanted to familiarize myself with the program/area before I went. I'm from the Midwest and have never been to Boston, so I'm nervous/excited! It seems like a really great program, but it's super expensive and I don't know how/when they offer funding.
Hi Madgab,
I was also accepted to Northeastern and happen to be from the east coast. I personally love Boston and Northeastern is in a great area. I visited the program over the summer, the facilities were very new and the professors/students I met with were all very friendly. I asked about funding when I was there and from what I remember they said that the first year is mainly scholarships/financial aid and then after that the opportunity for TA/grad assistantships. However, I was also told that because they are the only program in Boston they have a good relationship with the VA and have placed students there for paid fieldwork in the third year.
Not sure when we'll find out what funding, but I'm hoping soon! I would love to go if the financial end of things works out.
Thanks for the info GN04! That really does help me out. I really would like to attend Northeastern, but it's pretty expensive, so funding/scholarships/financial aid was my biggest concern. When I visit at the end of March, I'll be sure to ask those questions if we don't hear anything about funding by then. Northeastern looks like they have a good program and I like the idea of the co-op. Moving from the Midwest will be a big change for me, but Boston seems like an awesome place. Maybe I'll see you in the fall!
Did anyone get waitlisted?
Is there a chance to hear back about my final status before 4/15?
Any ideas?
Is there a chance to hear back about my final status before 4/15?
Any ideas?
Has anyone heard back from University of Arizona (not sure if anyone on here applied)?
Is there an area on gradcafe specifically for audiology? I only ever just see SLP stuff.
After you go to the website you willclick on results search and then type in audiology. That will let you see who has been accepted and rejected but as far as a forum on there I have yet to find it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Glad to help! Funding/scholarships is also my biggest concern and will most likely be my deciding factor as to which school I attend, I'd like to think we'll find out by the end of the month (But that might just be wishful thinking). I hope you enjoy your visit and we both end up with some solid funding!
Thanks for the info GN04! That really does help me out. I really would like to attend Northeastern, but it's pretty expensive, so funding/scholarships/financial aid was my biggest concern. When I visit at the end of March, I'll be sure to ask those questions if we don't hear anything about funding by then. Northeastern looks like they have a good program and I like the idea of the co-op. Moving from the Midwest will be a big change for me, but Boston seems like an awesome place. Maybe I'll see you in the fall!
I'm so happy to have found this thread! I go to a small private school in Southern California, and I'm the only person in my graduating class applying to AuD programs. I'd love to get to know some of you guys, especially if it's possible that we'll be at the same program!
I'm currently lucky enough to be choosing between 2 (maybe 3) programs. I'm so torn. My first choice is out-of-state, highly ranked, and ridiculously expensive. My second choice is in-state, much cheaper, decently ranked, and has a much lower retention rate. I don't know if I should go cheap or super in debt.
I'm currently lucky enough to be choosing between 2 (maybe 3) programs. I'm so torn. My first choice is out-of-state, highly ranked, and ridiculously expensive. My second choice is in-state, much cheaper, decently ranked, and has a much lower retention rate. I don't know if I should go cheap or super in debt.
I'm so happy to have found this thread! I go to a small private school in Southern California, and I'm the only person in my graduating class applying to AuD programs. I'd love to get to know some of you guys, especially if it's possible that we'll be at the same program!
I'm currently lucky enough to be choosing between 2 (maybe 3) programs. I'm so torn. My first choice is out-of-state, highly ranked, and ridiculously expensive. My second choice is in-state, much cheaper, decently ranked, and has a much lower retention rate. I don't know if I should go cheap or super in debt.
Tuition can be scary! It's good to use a "loan calculator" to see what your payments might be once you leave school, sometimes it's not as bad as you think (also get an idea of the median and minimum salary you might receive in your first job). Also consider funding options available at each school (sometimes the better deal really isn't cheaper in the long run), and whether your number one choice is worth being willing to work in a job that helps with loan payment once you graduate (e.g. work in a remote place for a year or two etc.).
Of course, a degree is a degree - make sure your number one choice is based off of your interests and preferences - not what some survey says. Have you been to the campuses? Visited with faculty/current students? Expensive doesn't always mean better, but this is a one time investment so don't be shy to really invest in your future!
Lots to think about! Good luck 🙂
p.s. the retention rate would be a big concern for me - it would be worth investigating if you're comfortable to ask some questions. You don't want to start grad school and then drop out or have to try and transfer because you're not getting the necessary support.
Thank you for the advice! I'm looking in to lots of options post graduation to help with loans (remote location/under-served communities, military, etc). I figure that I'm only going to take out this much in student loans once in my life, so I might as well go somewhere that I'll really enjoy living.
The retention rate really has me worried. 64% for the last two years in a class of 10-11 people. :/ The website's only explanation is "Chose to leave or counseled out." I'm going to try and visit soon, so hopefully I can get a better feel for things.
The retention rate really has me worried. 64% for the last two years in a class of 10-11 people. :/ The website's only explanation is "Chose to leave or counseled out." I'm going to try and visit soon, so hopefully I can get a better feel for things.
Last edited:
As far as San Diego goes, I haven't heard wonderful things about their program. I've talked to at least two professionals that said it is NOT a good program because the people they're turning out aren't very competent. It's worth a shot to see what it's like though! However, a girl in my class was just accepted to SD and she is not the type of student I'd expect to be a good professional...if that means anything.
Hi everyone, I have been Accepted to several programs, but am anxiously awaiting to hear from a few more. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on when is appropriate to start calling schools about application status. I think it might be a little early yet, but I don't want to appear disinterested in some of my top schools. Any advice as to when is appropriate to call and let them know you're very interested? Also, any advice on the best way to go about it without coming off as desperate? Thanks!
Does anyone know about Utah State University's AuD program?
I haven't heard back from Cincinnati yet. Out of the 4 I applied to, I've heard from all but Cincinnati...Has anyone heard from Cincinnati yet?
Thank you auddoc13. I've tried calling several times as received several different responses. The woman I really need to talk to however, hasn't been responding and they're on sting break this week so I'm afraid that means another week of waiting. Have you been accepted anywhere else? I've been accepted to Wayne state and Western Michigan so far and wait listed at UC Boulder.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard anything about UF?? I spoke to the secretary a few weeks ago and she said March 15... which obviously has passed. Maybe they were making decisions on Friday and we'll hopefully hear back in the next few days? I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything!
Has anyone heard anything about UF?? I spoke to the secretary a few weeks ago and she said March 15... which obviously has passed. Maybe they were making decisions on Friday and we'll hopefully hear back in the next few days? I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything!
I also applied to UF and have yet to hear anything from them. 😕 This wait is killing me!!
Has anyone heard back from JMU yet?? Does anyone know when decisions will be sent? I went to one of the interview/tour dates and they seemed to indicate that decisions would happen sometime in March. I've heard back from everywhere else, and I'm eager to start the decision-making process. The wait is killing me!
Results so far:
Vanderbilt (waitlisted)
Northeastern (accepted)
UMASS (accepted)
NOAC (accepted)
USF (accepted)
Good luck, everybody!
Results so far:
Vanderbilt (waitlisted)
Northeastern (accepted)
UMASS (accepted)
NOAC (accepted)
USF (accepted)
Good luck, everybody!
Has anyone heard back from JMU yet?? Does anyone know when decisions will be sent? I went to one of the interview/tour dates and they seemed to indicate that decisions would happen sometime in March. I've heard back from everywhere else, and I'm eager to start the decision-making process. The wait is killing me!
Nope, I also went to one of the interviews and I haven't heard anything either. I assumed I would have by now..I thought they said they would let us know in about 10 days. At least I'm not the only one that hasn't heard though! Haha
Thank you auddoc13. I've tried calling several times as received several different responses. The woman I really need to talk to however, hasn't been responding and they're on sting break this week so I'm afraid that means another week of waiting. Have you been accepted anywhere else? I've been accepted to Wayne state and Western Michigan so far and wait listed at UC Boulder.
I just got an e-mail this morning from Cincinnati that I was placed on their waitlist.
A.T. Still (accepted)
Central Michigan (accepted)
Western Michigan (accepted)
U of Cincinnati (waitlisted)
I'm waiting to see whether I get any kind of financial offer from Western before I make my decision.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 6K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 20K