Applying for away rotations- the nitty gritty

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BruinDoc21

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm in the process of choosing which programs I want to do my away rotations at (still deciding between ortho and ENT). Some programs I would like to go to have already began accepting applications through VSAS, while others won't begin accepting apps until March. My fear is that if I wait until March to apply to my top choices and I do NOT end up getting them, then I really just screwed myself over because now its later in the application cycle and less spots are available. On the other hand, if I just start applying to places now, I might end up denying some offers and I do not want that to hinder my chances to get an interview at that place later this year. It might look bad to say no to multiple programs if they are offering you a spot for aways.

My strategy now is to pick 1 place that I absolutely would love to go to and then just schedule everything around that. Anyone have any advice on this matter?

Members don't see this ad.