applying for next cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Advendentist

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning on applying for the next cycle, but have many questions :confused:

1.) should i ask my teachers to send letters of recomendation directly to the school or to AADSAS?

2.) When do you recomend i take the DAT?

3.) where did you get help with your essay?

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE 2006 APPLICANTS, REMEMBER if YOU DONT GET ACCEPTED NOW, DONT EVER GIVE UP YOUR DREAMS. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Letters of recomendation: It's easier for the writers to send them to AADSAS and much easier to keep track of. I think it's better if all your letters are enthusiastic, so don't send a so-so letter out to a school that doesn't need it. If you have a so-so letter that is only required by one school, then send it separately.

DAT: I took it August 2nd. If you're unsure about how you'll do and think you may want to take it again, do it sooner because you have to wait 3 months in between and that may hold up your application review. Your chances of getting into school decrease significantly the later your application is completed.

Essay: You can do an internet search and find tons of advice for writing a good essay. I had a family member and science professor look mine over. I also spent about two months on it. My advice? I'm glad you asked. Focus on your real qualities and reasons for going into dentistry (and then ham it up a bit). I think it's a mistake to write what you think they want to read. I'm sure they get tired of the same old B.S. from 9 out of 10 essays that all sound the same.

thank you for the advice, this really helps :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.