Applying to Colorado a few months after moving there- resident?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Btttay

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi SDN!

I'm new here and am a senior in college. I plan on applying to dental school post grad, but am going to be taking a year off first (I chose the dental path a little late, so I'll be doing a post-bacc program to get my pre-reqs done). My question is- I currently live in Minnesota and am going to be moving to Colorado a couple of months before I'll be applying to dental school there (I plan on living there permanently post dental school grad). Would they consider me an in-state applicant? I'm sure it depends on quite a few factors, but I know Colorado favors in-state students.

Thanks!
 
I live in Colorado and you cannot claim residency after just a couple of months of living in the state.