Kais3rSose

Jul 29, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I am an M4 Navy HPSP, my current plan is to rank FTIS first (I will rotate at NMCSD and NMCP this fall which should give me a better idea). I've heard EM is looking even more competitive this year, which is already working against my favor. So, before spending a ton of money/time applying to civilian programs I was trying to get an idea on the number/chances of a civilian spot as a backup option.

Looking at latest BUMED note it appears there are NADDS spots available, but I have been unable to find any specific number. It also states that there are 6 FTOS Residency positions for the next year.

- Does anyone have a rough idea how many NADDS spots there will be?

- Are the 6 FTOS spots available for PGY-1?

- Just to confirm my understanding of FTOS (Full Military pay/benefits, essentially free to civilian program, assuming a three-year program I will owe 3 additional years on top of my 4yrs for HPSP= 7 total)

Alternatively, before I was considering deferment as an option I was told that not applying for any kind of deferment (primary choice or Prelim programs) is risky if you do not get selected for your primary choice or TY.

- Is TY competitive enough for a remarkably average applicant not to match?

Last edited:
About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.