Applying to Pacific and Wright

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Unkwil

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I am new to these forums and would like some input. I am applying to Pacific (in OR) and Wright (in Berkeley) because I am solely interested in a clinical-oriented Psy. D program. I am also somewhat restricted geographically, but would still like some input on what others think.

My info:

3.8 GPA
3.9 Psych GPA
1280 GRE
1 year experience as behavior therapist for children within autism spectrum
2-3 months experience as life skills coach for adolescent
6 months experience in medical private practice lab
5 months experience as volunteer in cath lab

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Forgot to mention Small detail...

4.5 Writing

Hi all, I am new to these forums and would like some input. I am applying to Pacific (in OR) and Wright (in Berkeley) because I am solely interested in a clinical-oriented Psy. D program. I am also somewhat restricted geographically, but would still like some input on what others think.

My info:

3.8 GPA
3.9 Psych GPA
1280 GRE
1 year experience as behavior therapist for children within autism spectrum
2-3 months experience as life skills coach for adolescent
6 months experience in medical private practice lab
5 months experience as volunteer in cath lab

Thanks in advance!

I don't think you have much to worry about.

Mark

Members don't see this ad :)
How much research have you done in choosing a program that's right for you? Check out the Insider's Guide to clinical programs. It helped a lot.

I did and found that Loyola (somewhat research oriented) and Widener were other good choices, but were harder to get into and I wanted to stay on the West coast for my fiancee. Baylor was also an option, but again, location was not good. Any suggestions otherwise?

PGSP-Stanford is a great program (albeit more expensive), and with your stats you should be able to score an interview. Is there a particular orientaion you're looking for, or speciality?

Nothing in particular. I may be interested in neuropsych, but nothing definite. I've already sent off apps and just heard of PGSP-Stanford since I did not see it in the literature I was looking at. How hard is it to get letters of rec and transcripts again?;-)