Unkwil

10+ Year Member
Nov 23, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Psychology
Hi all, I am new to these forums and would like some input. I am applying to Pacific (in OR) and Wright (in Berkeley) because I am solely interested in a clinical-oriented Psy. D program. I am also somewhat restricted geographically, but would still like some input on what others think.

My info:

3.8 GPA
3.9 Psych GPA
1280 GRE
1 year experience as behavior therapist for children within autism spectrum
2-3 months experience as life skills coach for adolescent
6 months experience in medical private practice lab
5 months experience as volunteer in cath lab

Thanks in advance!

D

deleted176373

Hi all, I am new to these forums and would like some input. I am applying to Pacific (in OR) and Wright (in Berkeley) because I am solely interested in a clinical-oriented Psy. D program. I am also somewhat restricted geographically, but would still like some input on what others think.

My info:

3.8 GPA
3.9 Psych GPA
1280 GRE
1 year experience as behavior therapist for children within autism spectrum
2-3 months experience as life skills coach for adolescent
6 months experience in medical private practice lab
5 months experience as volunteer in cath lab

Thanks in advance!

I don't think you have much to worry about.

Mark

About the Ads

sukurux

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2007
Status (Visible)
How much research have you done in choosing a program that's right for you? Check out the Insider's Guide to clinical programs. It helped a lot.

Unkwil

10+ Year Member
Nov 23, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Psychology
I did and found that Loyola (somewhat research oriented) and Widener were other good choices, but were harder to get into and I wanted to stay on the West coast for my fiancee. Baylor was also an option, but again, location was not good. Any suggestions otherwise?

RunnyBabbit

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Psychology Student
PGSP-Stanford is a great program (albeit more expensive), and with your stats you should be able to score an interview. Is there a particular orientaion you're looking for, or speciality?

Unkwil

10+ Year Member
Nov 23, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Psychology
Nothing in particular. I may be interested in neuropsych, but nothing definite. I've already sent off apps and just heard of PGSP-Stanford since I did not see it in the literature I was looking at. How hard is it to get letters of rec and transcripts again?;-)

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.