Approaching 1001 biology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nr6unhH

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How should I approach those passages/questions for 1001 Examkrackers Biology?

Should i do one passage of each topic each day for variety? or should i do whole chunk of passages of one topic to concentrate on one by one? & why?

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on what works for you. What's working for me is to complete about 50 questions a day (~5-6 passages and some discretes) in chunks. So that puts me at about 2 days per chapter, which means one can be done with the book in about three weeks.

What I tend to do is read the lecture and take notes the night before.Then the next day during the day i'll do the whole ek 1001 questions for that one lecture( which takes around 2+ hours including breaks after 60 questions or so) then later that day read another lecture and so on and so forth

i usually do it after my content review
such as,
if i finished muscles today,
i would do EK 1001 tomorrow to see

Members don't see this ad :)
EK 1001 Bio is horrible. Don't waste your money. I get like 1/3 of the questions wrong on some EK 1001 Bio chapters and I've gotten 14's on AAMC practice tests - the questions are completely different.

EK 1001 Bio is horrible. Don't waste your money. I get like 1/3 of the questions wrong on some EK 1001 Bio chapters and I've gotten 14's on AAMC practice tests - the questions are completely different.

Seems like EK Bio 1001 worked for you then, even if you've posted the same anti-EK response across a few current threads. You don't like EK, we got it.

Seems like EK Bio 1001 worked for you then, even if you've posted the same anti-EK response across a few current threads. You don't like EK, we got it.

I did like 2 chapters. Not everyone reads every thread, so who is this "we" you are referring to? I want to increase the likelihood of someone using the search function will find my statement that EK 1001 Bio is garbage.

i'm going to disagree with the replies here and recommend that you blitzkrieg that $hit. take the book, sit at your desk for 8 hours, and do as much as you can. lather, rinse, repeat. it'll get you into the zone on test day.

The 1001 bio is definitly nothing like the mcat, it is much harder. I remember doing a virus passage that was just rediculous. The information they expect you to extract from the passage is like preparing you for passages where you have no background information, where using pure logic could get you all the answers from the passage. So it's kind of cool in that sense, but don't get discouraged when you get every single question wrong in a passage cuz they are harder than normal. Oh yeah, as for your question, don't do questions in sequence cuz the mcat doesn't do questions in sequence. Another reason you should mix it up is cuz you'll just get bored of the same thing.

How should I approach those passages/questions for 1001 Examkrackers Biology?

Should i do one passage of each topic each day for variety? or should i do whole chunk of passages of one topic to concentrate on one by one? & why?

One passage of each topic a day seems a little less, assuming you have 5+ months until the MCAT. IMO, 3-4 passages/day seems ideal.

i thought the questions were comprable (in difficulty) to what i saw on the MCAT. But then every test is different. Good luck