April 1st

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalgrl226

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
There may already be a thread about this, so my b if there is. But what is the protocol with April 1st. If i have two deposits down, should i withdraw one before the 1st or do I have a few days to finally make a decision?

Members don't see this ad.

I think once a school sends you an email saying they can drop you, they legally have fifteen days before you are removed. So I think you have a 15 day grace period?

I didn't know that! But OP I think it'd be safest to make your mind up before April 1st; plus that way schools can let other students know if they're getting off the waitlist sooner!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
do we have to drop before april 1st or will school notify us to drop? is there automatic drop from school?

do we have to drop before april 1st or will school notify us to drop? is there automatic drop from school?

They give u 15 days to decide. I would advise to choose a school before then to give others a chance once you've made up your mind.

Yea you should drop one of those deposits, in all honesty it should only take you a week or two to decide which school to go to. Out of respect for people that are still waiting to hear back or on the waitlist, you might be making life harder for other people

Reactions: 1 user

Sometimes they notify you, sometimes they just email you questioning your status. I agree with @wholetthedogsout. Make the decision earlier. I know Maryland calls you and asks what your intentions are if they see you have deposits down at a few places, so some schools definitely do this. It's safer to just pick the one you want and then let the rest know over email and/or a polite phone call that you no longer want their offer since you chose somewhere else.