April Score Release Q...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alex_shimp

Application Cycle..... good luck all.
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the AMCAS posted a tentitve score release date? I could not find it on their website...

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

There's actually a countdown thread that a lot of us have been posting on for the April 2006 score release. Lots of people have various hunches about the actual score release date. 60 days after the test (April 21?) is all anybody knows for sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
EMT2ER-DOC said:
They will be mum until close to the release date. As the date approaches, they willl post notices.

Yea, we keep hearing rumblings about June 7th, but I highly doubt that, they have been consistently released 60 days after the exam. The only hitch to that is how many actually took the CBT version, because that is supposed to speed the process. If a large number of people took the CBT an early release could be possible. But they are the only ones that know when they will be released and no one is talking.

BTW the EMT2ER-DOC, I love the avatar!!!! :laugh:

medic11306 said:
Yea, we keep hearing rumblings about June 7th, but I highly doubt that, they have been consistently released 60 days after the exam. The only hitch to that is how many actually took the CBT version, because that is supposed to speed the process. If a large number of people took the CBT an early release could be possible. But they are the only ones that know when they will be released and no one is talking.

I think last august they came out more like 50-55 days after the exam. Im not positive about this though, so August 2005 mcaters are free to set me straight.

Yeh so looks like we can expect our scores to come in June 15- 22nd...

Hrmm I will be on vacation that time.... :)

EddieIndy said:
Yeah, I guess I was too optimistic to assume it's June 7th... :(

It still might be june 7th. You got to keep in mind that significantly fewer people take the April exam. The difference between April and August is usually somewhere between 5000 and 10000 extra examinees. You can go to the AMCAS website and look at the stats for yourself. If the August exam was released after 7 weeks, it pretty reasonable to assume that the April one will be released in 6 weeks (June 7th)

agr285 said:
It still might be june 7th. You got to keep in mind that significantly fewer people take the April exam. The difference between April and August is usually somewhere between 5000 and 10000 extra examinees. You can go to the AMCAS website and look at the stats for yourself. If the August exam was released after 7 weeks, it pretty reasonable to assume that the April one will be released in 6 weeks (June 7th)
Ok, I'm optimistic again!

EddieIndy said:
Ok, I'm optimistic again!

Well this is all not to say that I am still optimistic about a June 7th release, I'm just holding in the back of my mind that historically it's been longer. Along with the fact that fewer people test in April is that there were a signficant amount of people that did the CBT. That may add to the quickness of the release!!!

The earlier the better I guess.... this wait is killing me... would be nice if I can get it before the vacatin then I can either drink because I am happy or sad :)

medic11306 said:
You've got to be kidding me. I never said anything because I have no beef with EMT2ER-DOC, but damn, I absolutely loathe that avatar above all others. It bugs the living Christ out of me.

I took the CBT MCAT, and they sent gave me a paper saying, "After MONDAY MAY 22" go to the web page and enter your info, so needless to say, I've been checking compulsively every few minutes. No luck, though.

coriannegirl said:
I took the CBT MCAT, and they sent gave me a paper saying, "After MONDAY MAY 22" go to the web page and enter your info, so needless to say, I've been checking compulsively every few minutes. No luck, though.

Wow. Anyone else get this msg?

coriannegirl said:

I got this paper as well. It's alluding to registration for user id and such after may 22nd. I didn't have to do it since I had registered for an AAMC ID to fill out AMCAS 2007. Apparently all the various sub systems use the same user id and password (i.e. thx/amcas/fap).

Y_Marker said:
I got this paper as well. It's alluding to registration for user id and such after may 22nd. I didn't have to do it since I had registered for an AAMC ID to fill out AMCAS 2007. Apparently all the various sub systems use the same user id and password (i.e. thx/amcas/fap).

I have an AAMC ID, but I also have a special 16 digit registration code that was specific to the MCAT. I've been trying to register with it for the past week or so, but the April 2005 page is still up.