are all podiatric job oppurtunites like this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
http://www.medhunters.com/job/940561.html

what does it mean by "simple" rear foot procedures?

Nice base salary there!

It does not seem to define what "simple" means, but based on the minimum requirement of one year of surgical Residency I would guess it means removal of bone spurs, skin procedures, plantar fasciotomy, etc.

It probably does not mean tendon transfers, ankle fracture repair, ankle implants, flatfoot reconstructions, etc.

Can a podiatrist do hardcore rear foot surgical procedures in California? Cause I would like to go back to California once I am done.

Members don't see this ad :)
wow nice base! if the upward trend continues .. imagine in 10 yrs ...

yes, because Obama clearly wants physician salaries and healthcare costs to rise...

omfg i cant wait to pick up my rolls:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Oh man, PADPM is going to go off on this thread.

LOL......you guys have been warned.

Obama.. really?? in even 8 years?? ... im not gonna get into that ... argument already won

Regardless of Obama trying to make healthcare more affordable...Doctor's salaries have always been on the decline. There's no such thing as an upward trend.

Regardless of Obama trying to make healthcare more affordable...Doctor's salaries have always been on the decline. There's no such thing as an upward trend.

The upward trend i was referring to was the advancement of the field and vision 2015 ( reimbursments, parity, etc..)... WAT? Now your still going to argue ?? ... your going to tell me that the profession is actually on a decline ?? and so are pod salaries??

Relatively speaking, since the 80s doctors have been losing money. That said, they were ripping off people then. So they're leveling off to what they SHOULD be. They dipped a bit over last few years but are back to rising to where they should be. So in retrospect, yes they declined but the "upward" part means they're rebounding. Remember, what goes up must come down. And vice versa. ;)

Now my only beef with the job posted is, it is in Bakersfield. I'd take it, then hire a PA or another doc to work it as I'd not ever live in the grimy air polllution of one of the USA's WORST polluted cities/counties. I value my longevity and breathing even more than salary. I can't take it with me ($) when I go, can I? And I'm SURE, to go alot sooner in that air. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
k it as I'd not ever live in the grimy air polllution of one of the USA's WORST polluted cities/counties. I value my longevity and breathing even more than salary

My uncle is a pulmonologist in Barkersfield, rofl.

Anyway, I would be more than happy to have that job and live there. It's relatively all that I would ever ask for.

Capo, I agree. Physicians salaries have been steadily declining but few are ready to admit this. Oh well, medicine is still freaking awesome!

My uncle is a pulmonologist in Barkersfield, rofl.

Anyway, I would be more than happy to have that job and live there. It's relatively all that I would ever ask for.

Capo, I agree. Physicians salaries have been steadily declining but few are ready to admit this. Oh well, medicine is still freaking awesome!

Yes it is. No doubt one of the greatest jobs there is. (Other than entertainer or rockstar, lol):laugh:

I still don't like Cali and for sure, not Bakersfield. But maybe I can see your uncle? :p Will he need feet work as he ages? ;)

I spelled Bakersfield wrong in the last post, my apologies.

I still don't like Cali and for sure, not Bakersfield. But maybe I can see your uncle? :p Will he need feet work as he ages? ;)

What's wrong with you Capo, Cali pwns!

I spelled Bakersfield wrong in the last post, my apologies.

What's wrong with you Capo, Cali pwns!

I like to visit but cost of living is exorbitant. Too many clustered people, huge pollution and smog problems, high crime, budget problems, need I go? :)

Give me clean, wide open spaces like Montana or Wyoming and we'll talk. Maybe a nice ranch with some cattle and land for them to graze on, and time to feed them. Man, now THAT is living. Don't think that being in some rundown, mecca city with big bills is where its at. ;)

It's certainly an extremely high starting salary, though as others have pointed out, it's consistent with the high cost of living in the area.

However, I'm a little confused by the ad. There's a slight inconsistency since it only requires a one year residency (if I read it correctly), yet it also seemed to require some significant rearfoot and ankle experience which does not seem consistent.

If you read the entire ad, in some areas it almost seems to contradict itself. I had a hard time determining exactly what privileges the DPM was going to be expected to perform.

Regardless, it certainly sounds like an interesting opportunity to at least look into for those seeking a position.

But, to answer the original question......no, I do not believe this is characteristic of the "typical" job offer both in terms of type of position or starting salary.

Bakersfield is not a huge city by any means (300,000). Also, it isn't even located in any of the three major metropolitan areas of California (SD, LA, Bay).

The cost of living shouldn't be astronomical. It should just be normal.

This is NOT a typical job offer so don't expect it.

The upward trend i was referring to was the advancement of the field and vision 2015 ( reimbursments, parity, etc..)... WAT? Now your still going to argue ?? ... your going to tell me that the profession is actually on a decline ?? and so are pod salaries??

What the profession is trying to do to make podiatrists coming out more uniform in training is positive as it increases the level of training on the average but that doesn't change the quality of students. For there to be improvement, the quality of student must improve. The issue of increasing/decreasing salaries is a different issue from that of the training. Regulations (Medicare) and reimbursements control compensation. You could be the best trained F&A surgeon but if the Medicare reimbursements decline (and so all other carriers will follow), you will suffer.

This is NOT a typical job offer so don't expect it.
Technically speaking the ad says "Base salary $175-230K."

That is, "one hundred seventy five dollars to 230K"

It does not say $175,000 - $230,000.

Scam!

I'm pretty sure that's a typo. Advertisements have errors. Maybe we should contact the company just for fun.

Maybe he/she meant (175-200)k

I'm pretty sure that's a typo. Advertisements have errors. Maybe we should contact the company just for fun.

Maybe he/she meant (175-200)k
'Twas a joke.

For the record, I'm a full time college student (plus I'm still in high school) and I'm not bothered at all by not getting jokes, especially if they are online.

I think Mathlegend also fell for one earlier this week :)

For the record, I'm a full time college student (plus I'm still in high school) and I'm not bothered at all by not getting jokes, especially if they are online.

I think Mathlegend also fell for one earlier this week :)

you mean you're taking what would be considered a full time credit load at a community college? surely no respected undergraduate institution would allow a high schooler to enroll in a bachelors degree program... and I doubt a community college would allow one to enroll in an AA/AS degree program as well... but some are a little sketchy so who knows. however, University of Phoenix Online wouldn't surprise me!

nice play on words though!

you mean you're taking what would be considered a full time credit load at a community college? surely no respected undergraduate institution would allow a high schooler to enroll in a bachelors degree program... and I doubt a community college would allow one to enroll in an AA/AS degree program as well... but some are a little sketchy so who knows. however, University of Phoenix Online wouldn't surprise me!

nice play on words though!

You are correct. Universities do not allow us to enroll in degree seeking programs, but most community colleges do. But not being in a degree seeking program, does not prevent us from taking any lower division BCPM (Chem 1, Phys 1, Bio 1). I can still pretty much enroll in whatever class I want and by the way, I am full time at a decent public university. I have had the privilege of attending a community college and university before I graduate. I have been very fortunate.

So T-Money, how about you stop trying to pick at the high school kids Grow up and contribute to the forum. Otherwise you will just waste everyone's time.

How about your grow up and stop hatin'

Most of the immature people in podiatry I've seen are prepods and some podiatry students. The residents and practicing physicians are pretty cool. :thumbup:

You are correct. Universities do not allow us to enroll in degree seeking programs, but most community colleges do. But not being in a degree seeking program, does not prevent us from taking any lower division BCPM (Chem 1, Phys 1, Bio 1). I can still pretty much enroll in whatever class I want and by the way, I am full time at a decent public university. I have had the privilege of attending a community college and university before I graduate. I have been very fortunate.

So T-Money, how about you stop trying to pick at the high school kids Grow up and contribute to the forum. Otherwise you will just waste everyone's time.

How about your grow up and stop hatin'

Most of the immature people in podiatry I've seen are prepods and some podiatry students. The residents and practicing physicians are pretty cool. :thumbup:

Nice job on taking those classes man ur def a bright person keep it up !

we have seen people on these forums over react ahem darlord cough cough...... Being smart and getting good grades does NOT automatically translate to being a good doctor.

we have seen people on these forums over react ahem darlord cough cough...... Being smart and getting good grades does NOT automatically translate to being a good doctor.

Being smart and getting good grades

^^ To be honest and without debate, this is what it all comes down to securing your place as a doctor; i.e. when you get an outstanding GPA and MCAT score youve pretty much secured a seat at a medical school , without the good grades people start looking for back up plans lol ... if your not smart and you dont get good grades you wont get to be a doctor , let alone a good one .

I heard a rule of thumb that academics count for about 1/2 of the admissions process (for allo and osteo anyway). The saying obviously has some truth in it.

Ohh Airbud, you.

and you think that being a jackass does?

is it humanly possible for you to stop trolling and imflamming all the time? its getting frustrating trying to come on here and learn something only to find you name calling

This thread should close. It has every TOS violation possible.