are kaplan step 1 simulated exams worth taking?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mtbski

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here taken the kaplan step 1 simulated exam that comes with the qbank? I'm just not sure if spending 7 hours taking another practice test is worth it if I'm already going to do the 2 uworld forms and another couple of CBSSAs.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't find them to be great representations of the real exam (questions were way easier, scoring was way stricter) but I felt the experience of a 7 hour test was 100% worth it.

I didn't find them to be great representations of the real exam (questions were way easier, scoring was way stricter) but I felt the experience of a 7 hour test was 100% worth it.
Thank you Levo. I will plan on doing that once during my study time.

Members don't see this ad :)
You should definitely sit down and do it. But preferably in the beginning of your dedicated studying time. No point torturing yourself a week before the step.

Question for everybody! Do these exams let you review your answers and see everything you got wrong/right? Or do they just provide that generalized score report broken down by subject/topic?

You could also do 2 nbmes back to back

Thats 8*50=400 whereas the real test is 280.

People have talked about doing 2 UWSA though, which is 8*40=320, which is closer.

I personally just did 7 all-random mixed UW blocks back to back to back and rolled with that.