Are my stats good enough for OMS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tx oms

Welcome to Thunderdome
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
All you OMFS wannabes, please stop asking this question. The only person who can answer that question is God. Your self-loathing is nauseating. Grow a set of balls and apply to every program you are even remotely interested in and see what happens. If you don't get in, do an OMS internship for a year and reapply. I know a guy who did three years of internships before he got in. I also know of guys with board scores in the high 90s who didn't get in. I had bad numbers and got in. The only way to find out is to try.

Members don't see this ad.

All you OMFS wannabes, please stop asking this question. The only person who can answer that question is God. Your self-loathing is nauseating. Grow a set of balls and apply to every program you are even remotely interested in and see what happens. If you don't get in, do an OMS internship for a year and reapply. I know a guy who did three years of internships before he got in. I also know of guys with board scores in the high 90s who didn't get in. I had bad numbers and got in. The only way to find out is to try.
hey tx oms

i agree with what ur view totally dude. where r u doing ur omfs? r u in parkland?

I am about twenty miles from the promised land.

Members don't see this ad :)
Motivation for the specialty of OMFS goes much further than numbers. A motivated applicant is much better than one with great numbers but decided late or wavered between OMFS and perio or another specialty. Make a decision and stick to it.

If you can't be yourself and keep worrying about your scores thinking whether you get in to program or not then you are thwarting your chances of getting it.You have to be confident in what you are trying and most of all dedication and committmnet to what you are trying makes you different from people who have got high scores.