Are relationships falling apart Post-acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sankondbest, you made a bad move, my friend. You wouldn't have lost anything with crush girl if you had gone and ****ed club tramp. Hell, you'd be all the more attractive for it, because now you have options in her eyes.

She was worried I would get an STD from club tramp.

I wish I could post the picture club tramp sent to me...it is priceless. You can see the stamp on her back and then she also had a tat on her neck and she had everything pierced. She pulled out her (slang for breast) and made my touch it.

She was really hot for being such a (slang for woman that gets around) though

Members don't see this ad.

Umm... I was talking about how long I last in bed.

But good advice though thanks

when i read pianolas response I was confused as heck, good thing I wasn't the only one, because with a low verbal/writing score, I was like maybe I should take a couple more literature classes in the spring b4 starting med school

Sankondbest, you made a bad move, my friend. You wouldn't have lost anything with crush girl if you had gone and ****ed club tramp. Hell, you'd be all the more attractive for it, because now you have options in her eyes.

I was going to say the same thing but I knew everyone would get on their moral high horse over such a move.

No... its not wrong at all. So she calls you and tells you you're making a mistake by being with another girl and that you can't do it? Wtf? So you listened to her?

Thats called setting the tone for the woman controlling the relationship.

Also why was that girl you picked up a skank? If she was so skanky, why'd you pick her up?

Getting laid for the sake of getting laid isn't what the M3 model is about.
There is a specific term that's given in "game" lingo
its called "Fool's mate"

I dug this up for you:

Fool's Mate

In the game of chess, it is possible to win in only three moves. This gambit is called fool's mate. Winning with speed via fool's mate does not however make you a chess champion. If anything, it only demonstrates your opponent's inexperience. An experienced chess player will not even attempt a fast fool's mate for, if the opponent doesn't take the bait, he leaves the player in a weak position. Similarly, while it is possible to seduce with speed, it is much less probable on a woman who is socially experienced. In the venusian arts, we refer to seduction first tactics as fool's mate for the metaphorical similarity. Instead, both chess champions and venusian artists prefer to play a solid game.

One tactic a seducer will employ is to shamelessly pray on a lot of women.
Though the percentage of winning the game via fool's mate is small, a seducer may ensure at least some success if he simply hits on enough women. With fool's mate as his only “winning move”, he will have to live with a reputation for being rejected by many women.

The main limitation with relying on fool's mate is, the more social the woman, the less likely it will work. Seducers sacrifice their freedom of choice and relegate themselves to praying on the socially inexperienced; girls who rarely get approached. These girls have little choice but to settle for the uncomfortable advances of the typical seducer. Unfortunately (or fortunately from a Machiavellian point of view), this includes preying on the young, the lonely, those with apparent low self-esteem, the anti-social, and the less than beautiful.

Seriously, if you are willing to sleep with a girl you disrespect, then you don't respect yourself.

Members don't see this ad :)

Yes, every guy is a little cuter with an STD. :laugh: How did you know, Retsage? But I suspect you're right in this particular case.

Uh, practice makes perfect, Sankondbest? :oops: Good luck there, buddy.

edit: not terribly related but people keep commenting on my photo in the official premed picture thread.. maybe i should have chosen a different one LOLOLOL

heh... I think you chose it for a reason knowing full well the response it would elicit
(not that anyone is complaining)

Hopefully my "relationship" with her lasts longer than 1.5 minutes as my "relationships" with many of the 2 girls I have slept with in my life have lasted

I guess I was a little off-track, here...:oops:

heh... I think you chose it for a reason knowing full well the response it would elicit
(not that anyone is complaining)

i think it was because a bunch of really hot girls posted pictures before me lol...

Oh, I forgot to mention that I look like this:

Pic1319.jpg

If you google image "hot girl" you can probably find me on one of the first 2 pages.

;)

edit: not terribly related but people keep commenting on my photo in the official premed picture thread.. maybe i should have chosen a different one LOLOLOL

Needs more make up and better hair style, me thinks :laugh: Oh, and maybe a little more wardrobe

i think im too much like pianola for something like this.. while yes i have had times in high school and wahtnot where i could have just made out with a guy because he used some kind of line on me BUT i never ever called them back.. and the hook ups never happened again. Everything they said was a line and I just used them for that one night and never wanted to see them again.. and I get that the feeling that that is how i would react to someone talking to me about negs and not being interested in me

I would think that in talking to a bunch of intelligent people like I assume are posting in a pre-med forum, things wouldn't have to be explained over and over again, but here goes...

The mystery method is not about throwing lines at people. It is about building a self confidence and conveying value to others. You use a pre-formulated plan to get going but after that it is all you. And the idea is to deliver things naturally. I've done this plenty of times an no girl has ever thought I was using a line. And you are over emphasizing negs entirely. They are a quick teasing line that you throw out and immediately forget about, and you only do it in certain situations. You are also taking the not being interested thing too far. If a guy came up to you and hung all over you and paid attention only to you in a group of people you would probably get creeped out. This is just saying not to behave in such a way, to act more neutral towards any given girl.

I guarantee you that if I approached you in a social situation using entirely mystery method ideas, including throwing a neg at you, you would have no idea and would not be able to tell the difference compared to me approaching you and just randomly starting up a conversation about the weather or something equally as boring.

Members don't see this ad :)
oh man. i did google "hot girl" and since i do not have any filters i got a lot of girls half naked and rubbing themselves lol

It all depends on what you're looking for.

I was going to say the same thing but I knew everyone would get on their moral high horse over such a move.

No... its not wrong at all. So she calls you and tells you you're making a mistake by being with another girl and that you can't do it? Wtf? So you listened to her?

Thats called setting the tone for the woman controlling the relationship.

Also why was that girl you picked up a skank? If she was so skanky, why'd you pick her up?

Getting laid for the sake of getting laid isn't what the M3 model is about.
There is a specific term that's given in "game" lingo
its called "Fool's mate"

I dug this up for you:

Seriously, if you are willing to sleep with a girl you disrespect, then you don't respect yourself.

For the record she was hot, smart (she was a nurse) and really chill.

It all depends on what you're looking for.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.

The gamut of women is so varied that the only solid piece of advice that I can give is that confident flirting is a very successful technique. I had trouble getting girlfriends in HS, but not once in college.
Re-evaluating the MM, is it just the following?

Step 1
Be confident when opening
Step 2
Meaningful Conversation
Step 3
Arouse

If so, then I can agree with that. But the idea you have to tell a woman "Nice nails, are they real? No? Oh, well they're nice anyway." is not something I would advise anyone. Some girls enjoy sarcastic humor, others don't. Since there exists that variety, I would not advise somebody who needs to use a method to pick up women to always use it. Why? Because if they need the advice, then they are not able to read that some women like sarcastic flirting, while others do not.

This really has turned into a philosophical debate. I want to see more of where this thread progresses. :)

Though using the mystery method on girls who are total b*tches would be entertaining..:eek:

ar2388, I saw your pic in the picture thread and you are quite good-looking. I'm sure there's other girls who look just as good and better, but you're still not bad.

I'm not really a big fan of the bar scene, and I'm sure I wouldn't go to a bar to find a serious partner, but the next time I'm out I'll give this method a try just for kicks and update everyone.

Maybe I'll see a nurse's tramp stamp :laugh:.

Honestly, though, nurses are pretty naughty.

ar2388, I saw your pic in the picture thread and you are quite good-looking. I'm sure there's other girls who look just as good and better, but you're still not bad.

I'm not really a big fan of the bar scene, and I'm sure I wouldn't go to a bar to find a serious partner, but the next time I'm out I'll give this method a try just for kicks and update everyone.

I've seen two negs already in the past two pages. One directed at pianola and the other at ar2388.

Lol! That 'relationship' duration will improve with practice and time. Or you could always try some of those miracle pills sold on the gas station counter!
Or try the "climax control" condoms. They aren't kidding. Worst product EVER.

edit:
Guys Guys Guys settle down...there are many things I do wrong when I am having sex
Hilarious.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.

The gamut of women is so varied that the only solid piece of advice that I can give is that confident flirting is a very successful technique. I had trouble getting girlfriends in HS, but not once in college.

Step 1
Step 2
Meaningful Conversation
Step 3
Arouse

Yes, this is the general overview of the M3 method.

If so, then I can agree with that. But the idea you have to tell a woman "Nice nails, are they real? No? Oh, well they're nice anyway." is not something I would advise anyone. Some girls enjoy sarcastic humor, others don't. Since there exists that variety, I would not advise somebody who needs to use a method to pick up women to always use it. Why? Because if they need the advice, then they are not able to read that some women like sarcastic flirting, while others do not.

Again, you dont HAVE to tell any girl that. The point is to read a girl and find out if she is the type of girl who would respond well to that. Like you said, some girls react to some things, others don't. You have to figure it out. Stop taking everything out of context. If you are going to comment on it, do a little research first.

Either way, I'm done arguing this point because nobody listens anyway. If you guys would rather mock this method and continue with your sub par relationships, then more power to you - Saves more of the good ones for the rest of us.

Either way, I'm done arguing this point because nobody listens anyway. If you guys would rather mock this method and continue with your sub par relationships, then more power to you - Saves more of the good ones for the rest of us.
Penisclaw: Gripping the good ones from day 1.
:D

Step 1
Step 2
Meaningful Conversation
Step 3
Arouse

winner, winner chicken dinner.. excellent and correct.

my last girlfriend was sorority girl who liked to chill out and lay around... thats what I wanted at that point in my life so it worked out. The one before her was a crazy little italian girl who cooked me and my friends dinner every night. We broke up over the summer because the long-distance (i was at school, she at home) was becoming too stressful. No big deal. I'm on good terms with both of them still.

truth be told I don't use M3 or any kind of scripted "game" anymore. I started out doing that but pretty much all of the core stuff eventually become integrated into my personality and I do it all naturally without even thinking. Also, I'm not the type you'll see at the bar every THur fri sat looking for the next lay. That was fun for awhile, but it gets old and its really neither hard nor fulfilling. I enjoy committed relationships now, and will continue to date here and there till I find someone I'm completely happy with. They tell you you can never be completely happy and everyone settles to a certain degree. This is a lie... if men do what men are supposed to do: be the leader of the relationship draw the line and not put up with any bull****, relationships can work. Thats not to say that woman are to be treated like children, thats just to say that you need to take charge and not be a needy little boy who thinks every girlfriend he has is the last one you'll ever be with. Truth is, woman want men to take the control. If she has to do it, and you have no clear limits, then she loses respect for you. Basically, she immasculates you.

Beautiful woman grow up their whole lives being told how pretty they are, how great they are, get their ass kissed by everyone and their soccer coach, etc. These girls know they have high value and will act accordingly. You don't date attractive girls by being "the nice guy." You date attractive girls by being masculine and powerful, with clear boundaries. I see so many people in relationships where the girl says jump and the guy says, "how high?" I'm sure some of the guys out there will agree.

A friend of mines girlfriend was pissed because one of his friends said something stupid to her. It was mean what he said, but the friend apologized more than once. The girlfriend proceeded to ignore all his calls, run out of the house when he came over to talk, basically made the poor guy chase her all over town. I kept telling him to ignore her since she's obviously being an unreasonable child and not to give her any validation. Of course he didn't listen. Why? Because Nice Guy Syndrome is a mental disorder and needs to be in DSM-V. A guy who lets a girl know when she is out of line and doesn't play her games is a guy that girl falls in love with.

I dunno why you guys waited so long to ruin your relationships. I took care of that during application. Screw waiting for an acceptance.
yep... mine was done-zo 1 week before my birthday last month, and I'm remaining free until June 1 when I put myself back on the market. Doesn't mean I won't have fun the in the mean time (with the little free time I do have)

yeah I'm going to retire from this thread. Good conversation but we've reached an impasse.

Pianola, thanks for being a sport and sticking to your guns, I'm sure your boyfriend admires that about you

ar2, you're pretty hot ... I look forward to some dude down at NY med using game on you so you can come back on here and tell me how right I was and that you wanna toast me at your wedding.

Somehow I have to explain to myself why I read 6 pages of mostly MM debating.

Honestly, what the MM claims to teach guys is simply what other guys understand intuitively and act on naturally. When you try to make it so formulaic you will lack fluidity and you won't be able to sustain the type of interactions you need. However, if guys feel the need to follow a cookbook to approach women, there's nothing wrong with that. No one said you have to be great at the game to play it and any girl who has a problem with this method shouldn't have a problem spotting it and brushing it off.

I agree with Pianola though, this doesn't seem like an effective way to start a true relationship. I feel that the girl will constantly expect things of you that you don't naturally do and that you'll be exhausted after a while of trying to "remember the rules" or whatever. Either that or the obvious tendency for this to work best with certain...types of women.

Yeah? And what if pianola is using some other method that guarantees attention, and is actually telling all of you he's the opposite sex?

I call it the transgender method and I'm going to try it tonight.

Yeah...I just dont ever know if I can get another girl that hot into sleeping with me.
(not to mention she was an amazing and very upbeat person)

need pics otherwise i'm assuming she was average. :thumbdown:

Yeah? And what if pianola is using some other method that guarantees attention, and is actually telling all of you he's the opposite sex?

I call it the transgender method and I'm going to try it tonight.

So confused. Soooo confused. Transgender, what? :confused:

So confused. Soooo confused. Transgender, what? :confused:

I was confused as well. At first I thought he thought you were a guy, then I read the transgender part and was clueless

I was confused as well. At first I thought he thought you were a guy, then I read the transgender part and was clueless

Uh, so he's saying that by masquerading as a woman, I am able to gain the trust of other women and surreptitiously slip into their beds at night. :confused::confused::confused:

Meh, no more guessing for me, I think.

Uh, so he's saying that by masquerading as a woman, I am able to gain the trust of other women and surreptitiously slip into their beds at night. :confused::confused::confused:

Noooo, it was a pun.

Sorry for my lack of clarity. I was just saying that there might as well be a method out there that tells people to say they're the opposite gender to get attention. It was like a satire against the mystery method.

I didn't intend to insult you pianola

I'm still confused....

I was just saying that there might as well be a method out there that tells people to say they're the opposite gender to get attention. It was like a satire against the mystery method.

:laugh::laugh: I like it. Yeah, there are lots of ways to get a woman's *attention*...;)

:laugh::laugh: I like it. Yeah, there are lots of ways to get a woman's *attention*...;)

If things like the mystery method works, then you might as well learn romance and friendship straight from the books :laugh:

Hi everyone,

I'm a lurker, but the topic of this thread proved so true that I needed to make a name and get some advice. I have several acceptances so far, and I am unsure about the future of my relationship. We've been dating for 3 years, and she's been really supportive of this entire process. She even helped me write way too many secondary essays to count. But things have been going downhill for the last year or so, and it's gotten really bad lately.

I'm accepted at a school about an hour away, but I'm planning on attending one about 16 hours away. She's kind of dependent on me for a lot of things, and I'm worried that when I move away, she's going to be miserable and in turn make me miserable. She wants me to visit about once a month, and I just don't think that's possible. I really don't have money and I'll be living off loans. I think she's really begrudging the fact I'm not going to the closer school. She's also always been the jealous type, effectively ruining a couple of my closest friendships when we started dating. I really don't know what to do. I'm not sure I'll ever find someone who loves me as much as she does, but at the same time, I've always felt held back, and I wonder how much worse that's going to get once I start school.

Any thoughts?

Breaking up is hard, but being in a relationship with someone who is not a whole independent person is much worse. Be gentle, but be firm and go to the med school which is best for you.

Who knows, perhaps she will take the opportunity to grow up - she can always move to your new city, get a job and an apartment and try to resume the relationship with you as an adult.

Best of luck - congrats on your multiple acceptances!

Yeah, I would definitely agree with sindadel on this one.

Go to the medical school that's best for you. My advice would probably be different if your relationship sounded stronger, but the fact that she's overly jealous and dependent is not going to be a good thing. Especially when you're working long hours in med school and residency. I'd say that you should go wherever is best with you, hope that it works, and if it doesn't, try your best to move on.