Are relationships falling apart Post-acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
"Nice nails, are they real? No? Oh, well they're nice anyway." hahaha. That's a neg.

I know! I was reading that and I just got super confused...The way I read that comment, the guy saying this might come off as...

(1) a doofus? "Why are you asking about her nails, anyway? Can't you think of anything else to talk about?"

(2) gay? "Again, why are you asking about her nails?"

(3) arrogant? "What, my fake nails aren't good enough for you?"

(4) awkward? "Are you trying to cover up for the fact that you can't think of anything else to talk about?"

All I can say is that I wouldn't be able to pull off a line like that in a million years.

Members don't see this ad.

I think a lot of you men (especially the Mystery followers) secretly hate women...

Members don't see this ad :)
I know! I was reading that and I just got super confused...The way I read that comment, the guy saying this might come off as...

(1) a doofus? "Why are you asking about her nails, anyway? Can't you think of anything else to talk about?"

(2) gay? "Again, why are you asking about her nails?"

(3) arrogant? "What, my fake nails aren't good enough for you?"

(4) awkward? "Are you trying to cover up for the fact that you can't think of anything else to talk about?"

All I can say is that I wouldn't be able to pull off a line like that in a million years.

hahaha, yeah, I would come off as a creep if I used that line. another part of the site had the quote, "if i weren't gay, you'd be my type." i don't think real people use these lines.

Hey pianola, nice piano, too bad it's crystal, but it's still nice

lol, nice.

Hey otterpop, nice cheeseburger, too bad I'm a vegetarian.

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist...:))

Gay men get a TON of hot girls. I don't know if it is solely because they are gay, but my straight guy friends definitely envy my gay guy friends for always being around bombshells.

And I definitely think some of those girls would hook up with the gay friend if the opportunity presented itself.

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist...:))

Hey katarina90, you look pretty hot in that avatar, I would hit that if I weren't gay.

And because you are a woman and want what you can't have, you will pursue me endlessly, persuading me to confess that I'm not really gay, at which point we will have amazing sex.

Hey katarina90, you look pretty hot in that avatar, I would hit that if I weren't gay.

And because you are a woman and want what you can't have, you will pursue me endlessly, persuading me to confess that I'm not really gay, at which point we will have amazing sex.

:D

...and then Mystery will walk in and say, "Congratulations, you're the next pickup artist!"

This thread is fun : ) Oh Otterpop, I'm so glad you see through the ridiculousness of the mystery method.

One of the things you have to be prepared for when getting accepted to places while your peers haven't is their reactions to your successes. If they end up holding a grudge, then that is a signal that they never really were your true friend.

As cliched as it sounds, friends should be happy for each others acceptances and shouldn't let their jealousy overcome them. You worked harder than they and, in fact, they should do some inner reflection on why they haven't met their goals or dreams.

if a girl thinks ur hot, u can slouch on the game...ugliness and game have an inverse relationship in terms of how much of it u need....the uglier u are, the more game u gotta have...either that or moeny or status (e.g. being a doctor)....but if you are atrractive, are confident and have a good sense of humor you dont have to rely on corny lines or being a doctor to pick up hot babes

and to the OP, perhaps ur girl dumped u bcuz u bragged 2 much about getting in. weren't u the same dude tryna figure out how to rub ur acceptances in the face of sum1 who picked on u in grammar school? perhaps that come off on ur girl by accident....lol

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Yup. He's... eccentric. But he also pulls like a champ and has taught a lot of guys how to get girls.
Some might not believe this but he has saved lives with his material. I've heard men tell me they were so shy and lonely that life was torture. They just couldn't relate to people and it ended up getting so bad they became suicidal. It teaches you to see the value in yourself and gives you the tools necessary to develop adequate social skills.

No girl can ever or will ever get in the way of what I've worked my whole life for.
atta boy (lol?)

lol, some of Cbrons's comments remind me of the pick-up artist actually. I think the pick-up artist is ridiculous, but Cbrons is cool.
your a good man yourself mr. otterpop

I just show girls the guns and they laugh. It gets them everytime.
:D gun show shirt and everything or what?

Like I said, the bad guy gets the girl (for...a night? a week? a month?), the good guy keeps the girl. All depends on what you're looking for.
there's more to the mix than the bad guy vs. the nice guy silly

pianola said:
Aren't any of you guys on this thread kind of worried that you'll forget how to do anything besides the 'negs' and the pretending to ignore the girl
all of my ex-girlfriends will you tell you I'm the most caring and fulfilling boyfriend they've ever had. however, not all relationships work out in life and its always better to move on and have loved than to have missed out on the chance all together. the last thing they will tell you is that I ignored them or treated them badly. The only difference is that I never let them get away with ignoring me or treating me badly.

pianola said:
No girl in her right mind (with any self-respect) is going to stay with a guy who actually acts aloof and superior.
calm confidence and power > aloof :)laugh:) and superior > needy and nice

I think a lot of you men (especially the Mystery followers) secretly hate women...
not a follower of mystery, though I do appreciate the man.
I don't hate girls, in fact I think they are the most interesting creatures on all of Gods green earth. I could talk to a random girl for hours about almost nothing at all (and do just about everyday). Maybe its cause I didn't have any sisters when I was younger that they intrigue me so much but they really do come in all different types and packages and each one has something cute, sexy, or interesting about them. Mystery method is just one resource of many that men can use to give them the confidence necessary to be what every woman wants and needs: a protector, comforter, and confident companion who has enough balls to let himself be protected, comforted, and insecure with a girl he trusts.

thats good you respect animals enough not to eat them. I hear otterpop is one hell of a beast.

Gay men get a TON of hot girls. I don't know if it is solely because they are gay, but my straight guy friends definitely envy my gay guy friends for always being around bombshells.
gay guys are "nice" guys without the strings. Girls don't fall in love with "nice" guys because girls have such a keen and unconscious sense for underlying agendas its impossible for them to do so. Sure the guy may kiss her ass, buy her flowers, try and win her affection in many ways, etc. but she knows that he does this because he wants something in return. So all that "self-less" affection is pretty much just a front and girls can see right through it and lose trust in the guy.

Note: The guys on this thread are on one page, Pianola and I are on another. We assumed when you were talking about "getting girls" you were talking about for a relationship, but this advice is much more accurate if you are simply looking to sleep with girls.
in order to find meaningful relationships, you have to put yourself out there. Guys are the ones charged with initializing the interaction. If they have no confidence and don't know what to say in such an intimidating situation, how are they going to meet the girl of their dreams? Theres a lot of good and genuine guys out there with a lot to offer some lucky girl that are spending most of their night wondering what could've happened /if only/ they had the words and the confidence to approach that girl at the bus stop. What if the most perfect guy for you in the world walked by your table at the library? Wouldn't you want him to have the courage to interrupt your MCAT studies and enter your life?

copperfrog09 said:
Also probably a "self-image" link here ;)
ha no self-image problem here. I really do think I'm the sh** ;)

Some might not believe this but he has saved lives with his material. I've heard men tell me they were so shy and lonely that life was torture. They just couldn't relate to people and it ended up getting so bad they became suicidal. It teaches you to see the value in yourself and gives you the tools necessary to develop adequate social skills.

atta boy (lol?)

your a good man yourself mr. otterpop

:D gun show shirt and everything or what?

there's more to the mix than the bad guy vs. the nice guy silly

all of my ex-girlfriends will you tell you I'm the most caring and fulfilling boyfriend they've ever had. however, not all relationships work out in life and its always better to move on and have loved than to have missed out on the chance all together. the last thing they will tell you is that I ignored them or treated them badly. The only difference is that I never let them get away with ignoring me or treating me badly.

calm confidence and power > aloof :)laugh:) and superior > needy and nice

not a follower of mystery, though I do appreciate the man.
I don't hate girls, in fact I think they are the most interesting creatures on all of Gods green earth. I could talk to a random girl for hours about almost nothing at all (and do just about everyday). Maybe its cause I didn't have any sisters when I was younger that they intrigue me so much but they really do come in all different types and packages and each one has something cute, sexy, or interesting about them. Mystery method is just one resource of many that men can use to give them the confidence necessary to be what every woman wants and needs: a protector, comforter, and confident companion who has enough balls to let himself be protected, comforted, and insecure with a girl he trusts.

thats good you respect animals enough not to eat them. I hear otterpop is one hell of a beast.

gay guys are "nice" guys without the strings. Girls don't fall in love with "nice" guys because girls have such a keen and unconscious sense for underlying agendas its impossible for them to do so. Sure the guy may kiss her ass, buy her flowers, try and win her affection in many ways, etc. but she knows that he does this because he wants something in return. So all that "self-less" affection is pretty much just a front and girls can see right through it and lose trust in the guy.

in order to find meaningful relationships, you have to put yourself out there. Guys are the ones charged with initializing the interaction. If they have no confidence and don't know what to say in such an intimidating situation, how are they going to meet the girl of their dreams? Theres a lot of good and genuine guys out there with a lot to offer some lucky girl that are spending most of their night wondering what could've happened /if only/ they had the words and the confidence to approach that girl at the bus stop. What if the most perfect guy for you in the world walked by your table at the library? Wouldn't you want him to have the courage to interrupt your MCAT studies and enter your life?

ha no self-image problem here. I really do think I'm the sh** ;)

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

What [COLOR=black said:
up[/color] doc;7525206]if a girl thinks ur hot, u can slouch on the game...ugliness and game have an inverse relationship in terms of how much of it u need....the uglier u are, the more game u gotta have...either that or moeny or status (e.g. being a doctor)....but if you are atrractive, are confident and have a good sense of humor you dont have to rely on corny lines or being a doctor to pick up hot babes

and to the OP, perhaps ur girl dumped u bcuz u bragged 2 much about getting in. weren't u the same dude tryna figure out how to rub ur acceptances in the face of sum1 who picked on u in grammar school? perhaps that come off on ur girl by accident....lol

Yep that sure was me:laugh:. And I still would rub my **** in his face if I ever see him.
I dont think that is the reason though she broke it off though. I actually dont brag about it to anyone I know. (most people were shocked when I told them I was even going to apply to medical school).

I have been doing some research on this "Mystery" guy.

"I was like this guy is smokin balls tonight" <---For the record I almost wet my pants when he said this

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M7Kx6-6rwc[/youtube]

Last edited:
Girls don't fall in love with "nice" guys because girls have such a keen and unconscious sense for underlying agendas its impossible for them to do so. Sure the guy may kiss her ass, buy her flowers, try and win her affection in many ways, etc. but she knows that he does this because he wants something in return. So all that "self-less" affection is pretty much just a front and girls can see right through it and lose trust in the guy.

I guess if the guy is just being nice because he's kind of needy and he really wants some right now then yes, I agree: the "I'll be nice to you if you will pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze put out" method is a total and utter flop. There are definitely some situations where I can tell a guy is trying very hard to be nice to me (and perhaps quite a bit of it is genuine) -- but his whole effort is going to be undermined if he's staring just below my neck...

I think if the guy is just nice as a course of habit and the girl is able to see this, then it's actually a turn-on. Obviously some women have difficulty figuring out whether the guy is really nice or whether he's just desperate. Understandably.

But I can tell you this, the guy I'm dating right now is probably one of the most considerate people I've ever met in my life, and has always been very concerned with my happiness from day 1. I think perhaps it did take a while for me to see that he was just being 'nice' to me just because he's that sort of guy -- he's giving and generous not just with me, but with his family and the rest of his friends. I wasn't sure what to make of him at first, I guess; he isn't the kind of guy who's oozing confidence and always has a line. I'm actually his first girlfriend ever, at the age of 25 (he's 25).

The bottom line is that we've got each other now, and we're very happy. We both derive considerable pleasure from making the other person happy. To me, this is an ideal relationship.

witness-this-epic-thread.gif

I don't know what everyone's goal is here. But if it is a good solid relationship, the best ones I have been in have crept up on me very unexpectedly when I have been content with my life and doing my own thing. This mystery method garbage seems to be designed just to get you into some obtuse harlot's panties.

Yep that sure was me:laugh:. And I still would rub my **** in his face if I ever see him.

You sound like an even bigger tool and loser than the guy who picked on you when he was 15. Learn some humility, it might make you a better doctor.

I know right, I mean, it must really suck for him.. having slept with hundreds of woman, having his own TV show, having a best selling book, having made millions on all his ventures and living in some mansion out on long beach. Life must be real tough for erik von markovick

Sorry but IMO this mystery method gimmick is exactly that: a gimmick.

If you cannot socialize with people then you have some deeper issues to sort out and picking up girls should be the last thing you're worried about. A pick up line will not change the fact that you're a loser living in your mom's basement that plays video games 20/7 and posts on pick up forums the other 4.

In my experience, all you gotta do is have balls. Most problems you will have in life are a result of hot having any balls, or a spine if you prefer. There's no need to be a jerk, get tattoos, or ever wear silly goggles (I still think they're handcuffs:p) on your leatherbound noggin. Just have a spine, and stand up for yourself when someone disrespects you.

Yeah I'm gonna have to agree with MsKrisyKreme on this one. Not to say you guys are like this in real life, but just from your posts I sense a lot of anger and bitterness. Most likely some girl you liked in high school left you hanging because you were a "nice guy" (aka a loser trying to get in her pants by buying her stuff/being her servant) and now you want to get back at all girls by becoming a wannabe jedi using the mystery method mind tricks. :rolleyes: It's a gimmick...brilliant on mystery's part though because he has effectively tapped into the desperate male's wallet thereby making himself a fortune.

See, what you guys don't seem to understand is that the Mystery Method isn't about pickup lines or gimmicks. It's about understanding male-female social interactions. It's about learning to behave the way the high school quarterback could whenever he was around girls. It's not some sort of trick to get into their pants, it's simply realizing how to interact like a guy who gets women. There's nothing more and nothing less to it. Go out and watch a guy who is great with ladies work - you'll see him naturally do most of what Mystery preaches.

You can badmouth negs all you want, but teasing girls has and will always work in building attraction with them. You can pretend that you'd have this objective set of responses to the nail comment, but you wouldn't in the heat of the moment. You'd react exactly in the way he describes.

In the end, to the guys who need help with girls, take it from me, cbrons, and Long - it works. It works damn well. Don't try to convince women it does, they're all too smart, too observant, too objective to fall for it. Never once have I met a woman who has thought it could work on her (only on twits, of course), and yet my success rate proves otherwise. Including a girl I actually showed it to in a conversation, denied it would ever work on her, and was still easily seduced by the core methods employed. Sorry, it's all about building attraction and chemistry - logic need not apply. :laugh:

In the end, to the guys who need help with girls, take it from me, cbrons, and Long - it works. It works damn well. Don't try to convince women it does, they're all too smart, too observant, too objective to fall for it. Never once have I met a woman who has thought it could work on her (only on twits, of course), and yet my success rate proves otherwise. Including a girl I actually showed it to in a conversation, denied it would ever work on her, and was still easily seduced by the core methods employed. Sorry, it's all about building attraction and chemistry - logic need not apply. :laugh:

this is why you cannot use logic when trying to pickup women.

:thumbup:

It seems like you all are trying to learn social skills from psychological theories and not the natural way (the natural way being not following some methods developed by people)

It seems like you all are trying to learn social skills from psychological theories and not the natural way (the natural way being not following some methods developed by people)
Hrmm maybe Kaplan should start offering review courses in this, it could even be a free bonus you get if you sign up for their MCAT course!

Yeah, having to become someone you're not doesn't sound like the greatest way to start a relationship.

yea, scrap the mystery lines...try this, works for me...

"ay ma, whats good with the bop?"

hahahaha:laugh:

Well the Mystery Method will be in full effect tonight.

I will provide SDN with a full report.

I just hope you studied this method enough so that you are being natural and not just memorizing different steps and pick up lines.

But really, doesn't it make your night more enjoyable and relaxing when you act like yourself and not a person trying to pick up girls?

My 2 cents.

I just hope you studied this method enough so that you are being natural and not just memorizing different steps and pick up lines.

But really, doesn't it make your night more enjoyable and relaxing when you act like yourself and not a person trying to pick up girls?

My 2 cents.

kinda true.. id rather be myself than to hide who you really are because it will come out sooner or later u know?

My 2 cents.

Umm...Picking up girls not only can potentially lead to sex...but if you are watching your friends do it, then it is one of the funniest things possible.

I promised myself no girlfriends until after the MCAT...i just dont trust them to not screw with my head at this point hahaha.

Also told myself to never date another premed...i imagined it would lead to some competition issues which I have avoided thus far by being a history major...works like a charm.

My current bf is premed and he is wonderful. Since we're same year, same major we have a ton of our classes together and study together all the time. He's good at the areas I'm bad at and vice versa so we help each other and fill in the gaps. We both have similar interests. We both know how important school is so we don't distract each other (too much ;) hehe) from studying. He's the best guy I have dated by far!

We haven't had any problems with competition issues. However, he tends to get better grades than me (the whole bad at math good at English thing doesn't help me out too much in a science major) and I am a competitive person...so since we have been dating my grades have gone up because I'm determined to keep up with him. It never causes any problems though - we joke around about it all the time. It's all friendly competition and we both are very supportive of each other as far as studying and grades go. (And everything else lol) But then, both of us are pretty chill for the most part. I can see someone more uptight making a big deal about it maybe...:shrug:

Overall though I say dating a fellow premed is the best thing you can do! Similar interests, fewer distractions...:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Umm...Picking up girls not only can potentially lead to sex...but if you are watching your friends do it, then it is one of the funniest things possible.

hahahaha, I guess that's where the fun is ;)

I have a secret that was passed down to me ages ago by wise sages...

girls that like boys like it when a new boy of similar attributes likes them.

boys that like girls like it when a new girl of similar attributes likes them.

That's why the friend zone always breaks people's game because they wait too long.

just cut the bull**** and tell a girl you are into her when the chemistry's there.

You can become a natrual instead of a PUA, and I'll rather be a natural anyday.

I have a secret that was passed down to me ages ago by wise sages...

girls that like boys like it when a new boy of similar attributes likes them.

boys that like girls like it when a new girl of similar attributes likes them.

That's why the friend zone always breaks people's game because they wait too long.

I noticed that you left out girl x girl and boy x boy in the punette square. Does the wise sages' rules hold in those other two cases?

See, what you guys don't seem to understand is that the Mystery Method isn't about pickup lines or gimmicks. It's about understanding male-female social interactions. It's about learning to behave the way the high school quarterback could whenever he was around girls. It's not some sort of trick to get into their pants, it's simply realizing how to interact like a guy who gets women. There's nothing more and nothing less to it. Go out and watch a guy who is great with ladies work - you'll see him naturally do most of what Mystery preaches.

You can badmouth negs all you want, but teasing girls has and will always work in building attraction with them. You can pretend that you'd have this objective set of responses to the nail comment, but you wouldn't in the heat of the moment. You'd react exactly in the way he describes.

This is absolutely true. I just finished reading "The Game" by Neil Strauss literally 2 days ago after a friend recommended it. It's a really good book. I haven't read the Mystery Method but "The Game" has a decent bit of info on it since the guy (Strauss) starts off learning from Mystery. This book isn't a how-to; it's the story of Strauss, who gets into the whole pick-up thing and how it changed his life.

At first, I was skeptical about the book and the whole pick-up thing but it's actually a really, really good book; I highly recommend that people read it. It's also a relatively quick read so if you end up hating it, you won't lose too much time. But yes, like Retsage mentions, it's all about the social interactions and not just about going through the same algorithm with every girl you meet. It's about improving self-confidence and making yourself better in all social situations, not just with women.

Anyways, I highly recommend that you guys read "The Game." I think most of you who seem disgusted by the idea will change your mind once you read it and realize it's not about becoming something you're not (ie. a fake) in order to get girls in bed. During the time I was reading the book, I've come across several people (including girls) who have read the book and had positive things to say about it. The only people who seemed to be disgusted by it or have negative comments were ones who never read the book, for the most part (there were like 2 people who read it and were still negative about it).

What I'm basically saying is don't rag on the book/method without understanding what it really is. :)

This is absolutely true. I just finished reading "The Game" by Neil Strauss literally 2 days ago after a friend recommended it. It's a really good book. I haven't read the Mystery Method but "The Game" has a decent bit of info on it since the guy (Strauss) starts off learning from Mystery. This book isn't a how-to; it's the story of Strauss, who gets into the whole pick-up thing and how it changed his life.

At first, I was skeptical about the book and the whole pick-up thing but it's actually a really, really good book; I highly recommend that people read it. It's also a relatively quick read so if you end up hating it, you won't lose too much time. But yes, like Retsage mentions, it's all about the social interactions and not just about going through the same algorithm with every girl you meet. It's about improving self-confidence and making yourself better in all social situations, not just with women.

Anyways, I highly recommend that you guys read "The Game." I think most of you who seem disgusted by the idea will change your mind once you read it and realize it's not about becoming something you're not (ie. a fake) in order to get girls in bed. During the time I was reading the book, I've come across several people (including girls) who have read the book and had positive things to say about it. The only people who seemed to be disgusted by it or have negative comments were ones who never read the book, for the most part (there were like 2 people who read it and were still negative about it).

What I'm basically saying is don't rag on the book/method without understanding what it really is. :)
"After two years, Strauss ends up becoming almost as successful as Mystery, but he comes to an important realization. His techniques were actually off-putting to the woman he ended up falling in love with. And they never prepared him for actually having a relationship. After a while, he ran out of one-liners and had to have a real conversation. Still, The Game is a great read that may help some AFCs come out of their shells. --Alex Roslin " sounds like a great technique :rolleyes:

You sound like an even bigger tool and loser than the guy who picked on you when he was 15. Learn some humility, it might make you a better doctor.

I think that the people who CANNOT GET OVER THAT THREAD were probably bullies themselves in high school who live in fear of nerd revenge ;)

I think that the people who CANNOT GET OVER THAT THREAD were probably bullies themselves in high school who live in fear of nerd revenge ;)
something like what is depicted here?
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL6jc5aZkws[/YOUTUBE]

"After two years, Strauss ends up becoming almost as successful as Mystery, but he comes to an important realization. His techniques were actually off-putting to the woman he ended up falling in love with. And they never prepared him for actually having a relationship. After a while, he ran out of one-liners and had to have a real conversation. Still, The Game is a great read that may help some AFCs come out of their shells. --Alex Roslin " sounds like a great technique :rolleyes:

But that's not what the book is really about though! Strauss's book isn't meant to be a guide or anything. It's basically about how he goes from being a shy and socially awkward person to someone who exudes confidence and is comfortable in any social situation. By learning these "pick-up techniques," he becomes a more confident person...he didn't change his values or anything throughout the transformation; he didn't become some sort of fake creep who's out to get laid. The values he has at the beginning of the book are maintained throughout his transformation; the only thing that really changes is the way he approaches social situations, and that's due to him gaining confidence and realizing that he was not doomed to loneliness.

You don't have to take my word for it. If cbrons, retsage, and long dong also read this book, they might have something else to add. But what I've said so far is what I got out of the book.