Are there any APA accredited online PsyD programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xcii

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I don't think there are. Obviously, I haven't looked at every single program, but from what I have seen on the APA website, there are not. Now of course, you might find some that have some of the courses online. Like for example, my program has a psychopharmacology course that I was able to take online and that was fine, but I don't know of any where the entire program is online.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have decided to pursue a PsyD and have been exploring my options. I am wondering if anyone knows of any online PsyD programs that are APA accredited. I am a motivated learner and understand that the PsyD program is no walk in the park, however, the flexibility to complete my coursework from home would greatly benefit me for many reasons. I do understand that I will need to complete many hours of clinical work in addition to this.

Thank you!
The APA does not accredit online programs.
http://www.apa.org/ed/accreditation/about/policies/implementing-regulations.aspx
Regulation C-27.

Reactions: 1 users
I have decided to pursue a PsyD and have been exploring my options. I am wondering if anyone knows of any online PsyD programs that are APA accredited. I am a motivated learner and understand that the PsyD program is no walk in the park, however, the flexibility to complete my coursework from home would greatly benefit me for many reasons. I do understand that I will need to complete many hours of clinical work in addition to this.

Thank you!

Doctoral degrees should not be flexible. You need to be flexible.

Reactions: 2 users
Ditto to all of the above. Learning the material for a clinical or counseling psychology (specifically) doctorate cannot be done from home. You need the collaboration with your fellow doctoral peers and professors in person. I have given clinical examples of why in past threads. Not to mention, collaboration, support, training with the clinical practica and externships placements.

OP, this does not mean you may not fulfill your goals, but you will need to sacrifice some things and readjust others to make this particular goal work.