Are You Ready For Private Practice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jetproppilot

Turboprop Driver
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wrote this a cuppla years ago.

I'm reposting it because its an important read for my budding resident colleagues new to the forum.

Ignore the red stuff.

When Venty decided to include this in the FAQ he musta searched for private practice to find the post......hence the red.

I encourage you to read it.

It will definitely help you in your future endeavors.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=321509&highlight=Ready+Private+Practice

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
And a shoutout to Apollyon for emailing me on how to get ridda da red stuff!

Thanks, bro.

I'll know for next time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good thread Jet and thanks for reposting this. I have been searching the threads for info on how to actually get in touch with groups just to get the ball rolling. Are there any basic no-no's? Does anybody know if you can just write a random email to the group asking if they are interested? I would prefer not to deal with these recruiters who sound like they want to send my CV off to anyone and everyone.

Thanks,
SF

You can contact groups directly, and I think it's a good idea. Many good groups don't advertise because they don't need to, and they're not going to cold call you, so you've got to contact them. If you're looking for a job in a place that seems a bit odd for where you're training, e.g., training on west coast but want job in New England, then putting some sort of justification in the cover letter (want to move close to family, etc.) makes good sense.