Army-Baylor Class of 2020 (Sept BOLC Report/Jan DPT Start)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Per the website offers will be sent out early March, which is the same time as last year.

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't applied yet; I plan to apply in July. I have full ROM and strength.
Has there been any updates on the timeline yet? When the board meets? When applicants will be notified?

Selection board meets 21-23 FEB. Applicants will be notified of status as soon as possible after that. Probably by 8 MAR but that date will be dependent upon USAREC and their management of the list.

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone heard anything yet? I know it's still early, but anything's possible.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything yet? I know it's still early, but anything's possible.

I haven't! I asked my recruiter about the 8 MAR and was told that the only "definite" date is by 1 APR. Hopefully, we will hear in under two weeks. I am impatient, as well. Best of luck!

Nothing yet! Last year it took 1 week for USAREC to get the results out.

Good luck all! Obviously if you made it this far it means your excellent candidates! hopefully I will meet you all next fall!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So has anyone officially heard a yes or no from their recruiter? Or did you just hear that they have an unofficial list?

Yep, I heard on Friday that I got in!

Last edited:
I heard today that I got in! My recruiter said he just got the list late this afternoon.

I got in for the Navy side. Very excited to start this adventure.

I was also accepted for a Navy seat! I look forward to meeting you all in November!

I can start up another Facebook group, like the past classes did. That way we could get to know who else is in this class, get to know each other, ect.

Congrats everyone. Got news today I was accepted. Look forward to meeting all of you!

Selection board meets 21-23 FEB. Applicants will be notified of status as soon as possible after that. Probably by 8 MAR but that date will be dependent upon USAREC and their management of the list.
Hey tcpt! I was wondering if you could give me some advice on how to get shadowing hours in a military setting and how important it is to have those hours? After researching a lot, I have an idea that it is important, but it has been impossible for me to get any hours. The closest base to me is 2 hours away and they said they wouldn't take any people for shadowing and the closest va system to me is around 3 hours away and they also wouldn't take volunteers in the pt department. I'm really confused on what to do since I feel that I need the military hours, but I can't seem to get them because I don't know anybody in the military. What are you opinions on this? Thanks!

Hey tcpt! I was wondering if you could give me some advice on how to get shadowing hours in a military setting and how important it is to have those hours? After researching a lot, I have an idea that it is important, but it has been impossible for me to get any hours. The closest base to me is 2 hours away and they said they wouldn't take any people for shadowing and the closest va system to me is around 3 hours away and they also wouldn't take volunteers in the pt department. I'm really confused on what to do since I feel that I need the military hours, but I can't seem to get them because I don't know anybody in the military. What are you opinions on this? Thanks!
We understand it is impossible for some applicants to get military PT hours. It is a recommendation, not a requirement. Sounds like you've done what you can nearby and the volunteer policies aren't working out. No need for confusion, get your observation hours at facilities near you and do your best on other areas of your application. We require 100 or more hours of direct PT observation hours for eligibility, that is the extent of our expectation in this area. Good luck.

I can start up another Facebook group, like the past classes did. That way we could get to know who else is in this class, get to know each other, ect.

I'm going to set up a joint class of 2019/2020 page this weekend as well. I'll let you all know when I have it up and running.

Hey guys! Does anyone know our school dates and duration for BOLC and everything leading up to classes in January? I haven't been able to get in touch with my recruiter.

Hey guys! Does anyone know our school dates and duration for BOLC and everything leading up to classes in January? I haven't been able to get in touch with my recruiter.

If you aren't a prior Army officer you'll have to attend a pre-BOLC course prior to BOLC which I believe runs 2-3 weeks. BOLC usually starts in Sept and runs about 8 weeks. After the general BOLC course you'll have a week of 65B track phase which combines with following week to form your DPT program orientation. You are then given the opportunity to take leave over the holidays. The program will then start the first workday after the beginning of the year. That's the gist of it without going into anything that would violate OPSEC. You should get your orders sometime in the summer which will give you an exact report date.

If you aren't a prior Army officer you'll have to attend a pre-BOLC course prior to BOLC which I believe runs 2-3 weeks. BOLC usually starts in Sept and runs about 8 weeks. After the general BOLC course you'll have a week of 65B track phase which combines with following week to form your DPT program orientation. You are then given the opportunity to take leave over the holidays. The program will then start the first workday after the beginning of the year. That's the gist of it without going into anything that would violate OPSEC. You should get your orders sometime in the summer which will give you an exact report date.

Thank you!

Thanks to all for this great thread. I'm learning a lot.

I have a question about the 7 years active commissioned service limit. Is there any way this requirement can be waived? I've been an active duty Army officer for 17 years but I want to continue to serve as a physical therapist even if it means resigning my commission, foregoing retirement, and starting over. Perhaps @tcpt will know the answer. Thank you.

Thanks to all for this great thread. I'm learning a lot.

I have a question about the 7 years active commissioned service limit. Is there any way this requirement can be waived? I've been an active duty Army officer for 17 years but I want to continue to serve as a physical therapist even if it means resigning my commission, foregoing retirement, and starting over. Perhaps @tcpt will know the answer. Thank you.

I'm honestly not sure. Not sure if tcpt will my monitoring the boards over the course of the holiday weekend. If he doesn't respond I can check with in person when we get back on Tuesday.

I'm honestly not sure. Not sure if tcpt will my monitoring the boards over the course of the holiday weekend. If he doesn't respond I can check with in person when we get back on Tuesday.
Thanks!