ASDOH Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Anyone apply in august and still have not heard anything back?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone heard any updates or know when they send out interviews post December

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how the waitlist works at this school? Like are students chosen from the waitlist in the order that they were placed on it? Or are students pulled off the waitlist in order based on the overall competitiveness of their application? Also does anyone know if a letter of intent would make or break an acceptance if you are on the waitlist?

Does anyone know how the waitlist works at this school? Like are students chosen from the waitlist in the order that they were placed on it? Or are students pulled off the waitlist in order based on the overall competitiveness of their application? Also does anyone know if a letter of intent would make or break an acceptance if you are on the waitlist?
some schools have a ranked waitlist, and others review the whole waitlist and choose who to accept...

what about the letter of intent/interest? Would you say sending one makes a difference if you are on a waiting list? Any stories in the past that youve heard about this?

what about the letter of intent/interest? Would you say sending one makes a difference if you are on a waiting list? Any stories in the past that youve heard about this?
The waitlist is pretty much ranked, and it’s solely based off the decision they made during the course of your interview. I’ve asked about LOI and they have told me essentially It does not hold much weight. It can only help though I can’t imagine It would hurt you.

is this the week for waitlist people? Anyone get off the wait list yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
any updates? its been pretty quiet. im wondering if asdoh will send out an update email to let everyone know whats up, like is the class full, are they done Interviewing, when should waitlisted applicants expect a call... like whats going on. For those of us on the waitlist, updates would be helpful as we need to plan our lives.

any updates? its been pretty quiet. im wondering if asdoh will send out an update email to let everyone know whats up, like is the class full, are they done Interviewing, when should waitlisted applicants expect a call... like whats going on. For those of us on the waitlist, updates would be helpful as we need to plan our lives.
no schools do this...

The waitlist is pretty much ranked, and it’s solely based off the decision they made during the course of your interview. I’ve asked about LOI and they have told me essentially It does not hold much weight. It can only help though I can’t imagine It would hurt you.
I read on Reddit that it was not

I don’t know, but someone from last years thread said it was unranked and they confirmed it by admissions!
an unranked list means they have to look at the whole pool of waitlisted candidates and select the number of candidates for the amount of spots they have open...

an unranked list means they have to look at the whole pool of waitlisted candidates and select the number of candidates for the amount of spots they have open...
But how do they choose then? Just random? Or based on when the person was added to the waitlist or interviewed? Like is there any order at all

I read on Reddit that it was not
Then it’s on you what you want to choose to believe. Do you think a college re looks into 200 applicants to select 5 or do they put them in an order to make their life easier?

It depends! We aren’t on the admissions so we will never know the truth!

But how do they choose then? Just random? Or based on when the person was added to the waitlist or interviewed? Like is there any order at all
please read what i posted carefully.
i did not say it was random, nor did i say it was based on time...

please read what i posted carefully.
i did not say it was random, nor did i say it was based on time...
It says unranked, which seems random to me. Well I guess the students are not ranked in any way but when it comes to choosing from the unranked list, they probably look for higher stats, bert application ect.

It says unranked, which seems random to me. Well I guess the students are not ranked in any way but when it comes to choosing from the unranked list, they probably look for higher stats, bert application ect.
note that i also didn't say "higher stats" nor "bert application" etc...

note that i also didn't say "higher stats" nor "bert application" etc...
anyone think a letter of interest would make a significant difference? i heard that it doesnt change anything and that the only thing that we are left to be chosen based upon is our interview performance. I was told by someone at the school that if you are on the waitlist, the stats are thrown out of the question, and all that matters now is our personality displayed during the interview. For example, if someone drops their seat, then admisions will look at the people on the waitlist and decide based on personality who to choose to make the class more wholesome and well rounded. They dont want a class full of only confident people, or full of shy people, or full of high stat only people or full of low stat only people, they want an even balance of everyone to make a "whole" class environment. For this reason it is almost impossible to know if you will be chosn or not, as it depneds on the person that drops out, and what kind of application they had as a whole.

anyone think a letter of interest would make a significant difference? i heard that it doesnt change anything and that the only thing that we are left to be chosen based upon is our interview performance. I was told by someone at the school that if you are on the waitlist, the stats are thrown out of the question, and all that matters now is our personality displayed during the interview. For example, if someone drops their seat, then admisions will look at the people on the waitlist and decide based on personality who to choose to make the class more wholesome and well rounded. They dont want a class full of only confident people, or full of shy people, or full of high stat only people or full of low stat only people, they want an even balance of everyone to make a "whole" class environment. For this reason it is almost impossible to know if you will be chosn or not, as it depneds on the person that drops out, and what kind of application they had as a whole.
So I was told that my LOI most likely wouldn’t even be read and that It wouldn’t change much. After my interview a decision is made on my application as a whole: grades personality whole package. After that decision I was told there’s nothing I can do to change the decision. Last year I got waitlisted and I wrote several letters and called and eventually they said to make It fair we have everyone ranked on the waitlist that’s set in stone and nothing will change that.

So I was told that my LOI most likely wouldn’t even be read and that It wouldn’t change much. After my interview a decision is made on my application as a whole: grades personality whole package. After that decision I was told there’s nothing I can do to change the decision. Last year I got waitlisted and I wrote several letters and called and eventually they said to make It fair we have everyone ranked on the waitlist that’s set in stone and nothing will change that.
Last year you were in the waitlist? The December waitlist?

Last year you were in the waitlist? The December waitlist?
I was from December yea. Eventually they cut the waitlist in half or something. I was still waitlisted till this application window where I applied again and got in.

I see, thank you for sharing! Congrats on your acceptance

I was from December yea. Eventually they cut the waitlist in half or something. I was still waitlisted till this application window where I applied again and got in.
What do you mean when you say you were waitlisted till this application window? Did you get waitlisted last year and this year? Or did you get waitlisted last cycle and got transferred into this cycle? I got waitlisted in Dec 15th 2023 and was told my Dental students that because I got waitlisted so early that there almost a 100% chance or very likely chance that I would get accepted

What do you mean when you say you were waitlisted till this application window? Did you get waitlisted last year and this year? Or did you get waitlisted last cycle and got transferred into this cycle? I got waitlisted in Dec 15th 2023 and was told my Dental students that because I got waitlisted so early that there almost a 100% chance or very likely chance that I would get accepted
that's not how it works...

I got waitlisted December 2022. Sent an LOI, sent an update letter, called admissions and never got off the waitlist. Eventually last year they deny a chunk of the waitlist. I was still technically waitlisted up until this application (June 2023). I applied again in June interviewed in august and got accepted in December!

I can’t say for sure what will happen to you. What I know is that the waitlist doesn’t move too much till interviews are finished and the second deposits are due which for me is March 15th. Around that time there will be some movement almost for sure. God be with you guys.

I got waitlisted December 2022. Sent an LOI, sent an update letter, called admissions and never got off the waitlist. Eventually last year they deny a chunk of the waitlist. I was still technically waitlisted up until this application (June 2023). I applied again in June interviewed in august and got accepted in December!

I can’t say for sure what will happen to you. What I know is that the waitlist doesn’t move too much till interviews are finished and the second deposits are due which for me is March 15th. Around that time there will be some movement almost for sure. God be with you guys.
What did you do differently for this application cycle?

What did you do differently for this application cycle?
I talked to admissions on what I needed to do to get in 1:retake my DAT (It went up by 4), 2: more dental experience. (I had already worked at an office prior, but I got a new job working on kids in under privileged areas) 3: boost my gpa (I took 1 class I got a C in at community college and got an A in It. I already had a masters degree so it was all I could do).

They told me 1,2,3 and I did those and mentioned that to the people interviewing me because they remembered and saw that I interviewed last year.

Reactions: 1 users
I talked to admissions on what I needed to do to get in 1:retake my DAT (It went up by 4), 2: more dental experience. (I had already worked at an office prior, but I got a new job working on kids in under privileged areas) 3: boost my gpa (I took 1 class I got a C in at community college and got an A in It. I already had a masters degree so it was all I could do).

They told me 1,2,3 and I did those and mentioned that to the people interviewing me because they remembered and saw that I interviewed last
So the first year you applied you got waitlisted then not accepted. Then you retook the dat, dental experience, and improved one grade and then applied for the next year and got accepted on your second year applying but this time without being on the waitlist? I don't understand why you had to do all that if you were originally waitlisted the first time you applied. If you were waitlisted that means you were accepted on the condition that a seat becomes available.

So the first year you applied you got waitlisted then not accepted. Then you retook the dat, dental experience, and improved one grade and then applied for the next year and got accepted on your second year applying but this time without being on the waitlist? I don't understand why you had to do all that if you were originally waitlisted the first time you applied. If you were waitlisted that means you were accepted on the condition that a seat becomes available.
that's not how it works...

• Care
The problem is that there wasn’t any openings for me to be accepted. The waitlist is a place where they put potential candidates that are NOT accepted NOR denied. At any moment you can be lifted from the waitlist.

Withdrew my seat! Good luck everyone, hopefully this made an impact on someone's chances :)

Still waitlisted. Would mean so much to me to attend at asdoh so that I can be with my family. Its also my only chance as I applied instate, midwestern and asdoh, got rejected at midwestern.

Asdoh waitlist class of 2028

Any updates?

Hey everyone, I just had my interview today. Scott said that seats are mostly full, but he doesn’t think that they’ll be filled up by Feb 15 since the school expect a lot of students to decline their offer & that by then, we will prob hear more about it.

Also, I heard that they’re still doing interviews in the next two weeks.