ASDOH Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I emailed Scott (admissions director) if he could let me know my ranking on the waitlist... He did not give me a specific number but said "i do not anticipate we will reach your name this cycle."

Thankfully I am already committed to Tufts but i recommend emailing him in case you are waiting on asdoh vs other schools!

I also emailed him and he said the same thing to me

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Current SOMA student here! If anyone is interested in housing, there's a 3 bedroom (1 is occupied by a student already) house about 9 minutes from campus in a really safe part of town too. DM if you're interested. Ideally females only

So based on the current year and previous years info provided through sdn on asdoh, is it likely that the waitlist might get minimal to none in terms of movement? (Like 1 to 5 people might get called from today to first day of classes?) Just wanted to get your opinions, on whether this is a reasonable way to look at it. Also I know the number is not known by us, but is there atleast a rough ball park estimate that can be made on the number of people on the waitlist? Maybe by using the number of applied, percentage accepted, number of overall class seats? I believe it would be helpful to know if there are 10 people on the waitlist vs 50 people on the waitlist, or 30 people vs 80 people. Just gives us an idea of whether or not we should remain hopeful.

Reactions: 1 user
I wonder if this week they are calling since it’s spring break

So based on the current year and previous years info provided through sdn on asdoh, is it likely that the waitlist might get minimal to none in terms of movement? (Like 1 to 5 people might get called from today to first day of classes?) Just wanted to get your opinions, on whether this is a reasonable way to look at it. Also I know the number is not known by us, but is there atleast a rough ball park estimate that can be made on the number of people on the waitlist? Maybe by using the number of applied, percentage accepted, number of overall class seats? I believe it would be helpful to know if there are 10 people on the waitlist vs 50 people on the waitlist, or 30 people vs 80 people. Just gives us an idea of whether or not we should remain hopeful.
there will be very limited movement after friday
it should not be counted on, although not impossible, that you will get in after 4/22...

there will be very limited movement after friday
it should not be counted on, although not impossible, that you will get in after 4/22...
Quick question, I thought schools were able to see which student's were holding more than one place at a school on March 1st, and that said student holding more than one deposit were forced to choose by march 31st. Am I incorrect?

Quick question, I thought schools were able to see which student's were holding more than one place at a school on March 1st, and that said student holding more than one deposit were forced to choose by march 31st. Am I incorrect?
I thought it was march 15

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I saw that they had 15 days to choose, so by March 16th.

no
adea finds out by march 1, they notify schools by march 5, then the schools notify the people and have to give them at least 15 days...

no
adea finds out by march 1, they notify schools by march 5, then the schools notify the people and have to give them at least 15 days...
ahhh-so that is why you said after Friday. Got it, thank you for clarifying.

Last edited:
ahhh-so that is why you said after Friday. Got it, thank you for clarifying.
I was given till March 20th by ASDOH. There have been about 3 -4 people that dropped and people from the waitlist have already filled in.

Since March 20th was the deadline, then today we might hear something? I am assuming that before each decision, there has to be a meeting unless I am wrong and admissions simply selects the next person on the list.

Thankfully, I went ahead and emailed admissions because of this thread. I was told that I am in the top 30, but I am unsure if this is considered a good or bad position. It seems the class is filling up quickly. Seems the word is that the "waitlist is slow-moving."

Just got email saying class is full
When and who told you this? Would you mind sharing that email? A student can pull out anytime, leaving seats open, so saying the class is full isn't entirely correct until the first day of classes. It is unnecessary to make people panic; even though it's slight, they still can get off the waitlist. Some people have no acceptance and are holding on to hope, so please don't discourage people.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
When and who told you this? Would you mind sharing that email? A student can pull out anytime, leaving seats open, so saying the class is full isn't entirely correct until the first day of classes. It is unnecessary to make people panic; even though it's slight, they still can get off the waitlist. Some people have no acceptance and are holding on to hope, so please don't discourage people.
Nicely said!

If you call admissions they will tell you “the class is full”. I agree spots can open up, but simply stating a fact is not meant to discourage.

Reactions: 2 users
Haha um I literally got the email and it said
"Thank you for submitting an application to A.T. Still University - Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health for the entering Summer 2024 class. At this time, we have finalized our enrollment for the class and wish to inform you that your application is being closed.

However, if you wish to reapply for the ATSU-ASDOH entering Summer 2025 class, the Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (AADSAS) will accept applications beginning May 2024. We encourage you to complete your application far in advance of our November 15 deadline."

subject line:

ASDOH - Class Full​

So im not discouraging people I literally said what I received.

Haha um I literally got the email and it said
"Thank you for submitting an application to A.T. Still University - Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health for the entering Summer 2024 class. At this time, we have finalized our enrollment for the class and wish to inform you that your application is being closed.

However, if you wish to reapply for the ATSU-ASDOH entering Summer 2025 class, the Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (AADSAS) will accept applications beginning May 2024. We encourage you to complete your application far in advance of our November 15 deadline."

subject line:

ASDOH - Class Full​

So im not discouraging people I literally said what I received.
Were you on the waitlist?

Some of my friends got accepted to tufts and other dental schools yesterday. Was wondering if there was anything new with asdoh? Hope everyone is doing well!

Does anyone know how full class is now? Can we anticipate any movement on the waitlist? Is there no hope at this point?

Does anyone know how full class is now? Can we anticipate any movement on the waitlist? Is there no hope at this point?
2 new people got accepted off the waitlist in the last 2 weeks. Our class is definitely full but there is some movement.

Hey everyone! Just wanted to give an update to you all. Scott had let me know that there was some movement in the waitlist, but it’s slowing down now.

I went from being in the top 20 (March 20th) to the top 10 (today) on the waitlist.

Hey everyone! Just wanted to give an update to you all. Scott had let me know that there was some movement in the waitlist, but it’s slowing down now.

I went from being in the top 20 (March 20th) to the top 10 (today) on the waitlist.
Hey thank you for sharing!! If you dont mind, what were you stats? GPA DAT