ASDOH Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Hey everyone, I just had my interview today. Scott said that seats are mostly full, but he doesn’t think that they’ll be filled up by Feb 15 since the school expect a lot of students to decline their offer & that by then, we will prob hear more about it.

Also, I heard that they’re still doing interviews in the next two weeks.
Is it February 15 or March 15? I'm just trying to see if it has to do with the deposits. Also do you know what he meant by mostly full? Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I called them and they told me no one has been accepted from the waitlist. Also the waitlist is ranked. You get individual scores after taking the Kira Assessment, Group Presentation, Interview, and MMI. After that, you're basically the sum of all of your scores together.

Reactions: 1 users
I called them and they told me no one has been accepted from the waitlist. Also the waitlist is ranked. You get individual scores after taking the Kira Assessment, Group Presentation, Interview, and MMI. After that, you're basically the sum of all of your scores together.
Can it be assumed that other schools have similar calculations for their applicant selection and waitlists?

will they tell you where you are on the list by chance?

But someone commented earlier that offers were made to waitlisted students on the week of January 15th. In fact I spoke to a student who told me he was accepted off the waitlist on Tuesday the 16th

But someone commented earlier that offers were made to waitlisted students on the week of January 15th. In fact I spoke to a student who told me he was accepted off the waitlist on Tuesday the 16th
From what they told me, the offers were sent to people who they interviewed in January and they will have 3 more interview dates in February. Last date being on February 13th. As far as I know, the offers sent were the best candidates for each interview date they had. I was told that the waitlist might start moving by the end of the month or next month.

Members don't see this ad :)
will they tell you where you are on the list by chance?
not at the moment as they still have more candidates to interview. I assume we can ask about our spot on the waitlist by the end of the month/next month

not at the moment as they still have more candidates to interview. I assume we can ask about our spot on the waitlist by the end of the month/next month
most schools will not say how many nor where you are on the waitlist.

• Sad
Is it February 15 or March 15? I'm just trying to see if it has to do with the deposits. Also do you know what he meant by mostly full? Thank you
He said February, but it makes more sense for it to be March 15 bc of deposits. At the end of the interview, he had let everyone know that we were all interviewing for a spot since there were still some openings but that the class is already mostly filled up & not a lot of students declined their seats like they usually did in previous years. But for us to be patient because he said they go through their waitlist fast. So if you’re waitlisted, your chances of getting in will be high.

Update: I received an email that I was waitlisted today. Interviewed on 01/30.

He said February, but it makes more sense for it to be March 15 bc of deposits. At the end of the interview, he had let everyone know that we were all interviewing for a spot since there were still some openings but that the class is already mostly filled up & not a lot of students declined their seats like they usually did in previous years. But for us to be patient because he said they go through their waitlist fast. So if you’re waitlisted, your chances of getting in will be high.

thank you for this Information! im on the waitlist (added on December 15, 2023) and it can be so stressful, as our futures are being decided.

From my understanding, it is very likely that no calls will be made at all to the waitlisted until the end of February?

Also as waitlisted students are we basically accepted as long as a seat opens up after all seats have been offered? Like do they pick students to fill all the seats before they start looking on the waitlist? And is it ranked based on stats or interview experience?

Also as waitlisted students are we basically accepted as long as a seat opens up after all seats have been offered? Like do they pick students to fill all the seats before they start looking on the waitlist? And is it ranked based on stats or interview experience?
From my understanding it’s ranked based on your Kira assessment, interview, MMI and group presentation. Also, if the student declined their seat that’s when they will start pulling names from the waitlist.

I interviewed at the end of January and just got waitlisted. Has anyone heard of someone interviewing post December and getting off the waitlist?

I interviewed at the end of January and just got waitlisted. Has anyone heard of someone interviewing post December and getting off the waitlist?
It’s possible, at this point it’s just about how high you are ranked on the waitlist and how many seats open up.

Well it's that time of the week

I think the most important question is how many people are on the waitlist. Any approximate number would be highly helpful

I am just assuming based on them calling on Tuesdays! My friend got accepted last year on the 22 of Feb so it’s coming up and he was on the waitlist

Our email thread is 72 people, but there’s people like me and a bunch others I’m sure who have multiple deposits that have till March. So around then is when things will move.
Good morning. Just checking in to see if new emails came in with an increased thread count.

my friend got off the waitlist today and she interviewed in January

Reactions: 2 users
my friend got off the waitlist today and she interviewed in January
That's interesting.... I know many who interviewed in December and prior. I'm starting to think that either date interviewed isn't a factor, or that those who interviewed post December have a higher chance somehow?

That's interesting.... I know many who interviewed in December and prior. I'm starting to think that either date interviewed isn't a factor, or that those who interviewed post December have a higher chance somehow?
date interviewed is not a factor at this point...

Hi everyone!
Just doing a call-to-action to fill out the Recorded Video Interview survey to help future applicants. Since you have taken a Kira Talent interview (live or recorded), your input is especially desired.

I interviewed in January and was accepted off the waitlist this morning!

Reactions: 5 users
I emailed Scott (admissions director) if he could let me know my ranking on the waitlist... He did not give me a specific number but said "i do not anticipate we will reach your name this cycle."

Thankfully I am already committed to Tufts but i recommend emailing him in case you are waiting on asdoh vs other schools!

I emailed Scott (admissions director) if he could let me know my ranking on the waitlist... He did not give me a specific number but said "i do not anticipate we will reach your name this cycle."

Thankfully I am already committed to Tufts but i recommend emailing him in case you are waiting on asdoh vs other schools!
When did you interview?

wow, most schools will not tell you anything about WL status...