-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
ASDOH Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread
Started by artist2022
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
SpeakTheTooth
Full Member
We got an email and in It included 65 students. So the class is filling up.hello, any updates from anyone
do you know how many total spots the class has?We got an email and in It included 65 students. So the class is filling up.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It has 78 spotsdo you know how many total spots the class has?
Can it be assumed that other schools have similar calculations for their applicant selection and waitlists?I called them and they told me no one has been accepted from the waitlist. Also the waitlist is ranked. You get individual scores after taking the Kira Assessment, Group Presentation, Interview, and MMI. After that, you're basically the sum of all of your scores together.
will they tell you where you are on the list by chance?I called them and they told me no one has been accepted from the waitlist. Also the waitlist is ranked. You get individual scores after taking the Kira Assessment, Group Presentation, Interview, and MMI. After that, you're basically the sum of all of your scores together.
PredentalStudent125
Full Member
I think it would be very helpful to know how many people are in the waitlistwill they tell you where you are on the list by chance?
PredentalStudent125
Full Member
But someone commented earlier that offers were made to waitlisted students on the week of January 15th. In fact I spoke to a student who told me he was accepted off the waitlist on Tuesday the 16thI called them and they told me no one has been accepted from the waitlist. Also the waitlist is ranked. You get individual scores after taking the Kira Assessment, Group Presentation, Interview, and MMI. After that, you're basically the sum of all of your scores together.
PredentalStudent125
Full Member
Here's another oneI just called them. Some offers went out on Tuesday.
noCan it be assumed that other schools have similar calculations for their applicant selection and waitlists?
From what they told me, the offers were sent to people who they interviewed in January and they will have 3 more interview dates in February. Last date being on February 13th. As far as I know, the offers sent were the best candidates for each interview date they had. I was told that the waitlist might start moving by the end of the month or next month.But someone commented earlier that offers were made to waitlisted students on the week of January 15th. In fact I spoke to a student who told me he was accepted off the waitlist on Tuesday the 16th
not at the moment as they still have more candidates to interview. I assume we can ask about our spot on the waitlist by the end of the month/next monthwill they tell you where you are on the list by chance?
most schools will not say how many nor where you are on the waitlist.not at the moment as they still have more candidates to interview. I assume we can ask about our spot on the waitlist by the end of the month/next month
He said February, but it makes more sense for it to be March 15 bc of deposits. At the end of the interview, he had let everyone know that we were all interviewing for a spot since there were still some openings but that the class is already mostly filled up & not a lot of students declined their seats like they usually did in previous years. But for us to be patient because he said they go through their waitlist fast. So if you’re waitlisted, your chances of getting in will be high.Is it February 15 or March 15? I'm just trying to see if it has to do with the deposits. Also do you know what he meant by mostly full? Thank you
Update: I received an email that I was waitlisted today. Interviewed on 01/30.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thank you for this Information! im on the waitlist (added on December 15, 2023) and it can be so stressful, as our futures are being decided.He said February, but it makes more sense for it to be March 15 bc of deposits. At the end of the interview, he had let everyone know that we were all interviewing for a spot since there were still some openings but that the class is already mostly filled up & not a lot of students declined their seats like they usually did in previous years. But for us to be patient because he said they go through their waitlist fast. So if you’re waitlisted, your chances of getting in will be high.
Update: I received an email that I was waitlisted today. Interviewed on 01/30.
PredentalStudent125
Full Member
From my understanding, it is very likely that no calls will be made at all to the waitlisted until the end of February?
PredentalStudent125
Full Member
Also as waitlisted students are we basically accepted as long as a seat opens up after all seats have been offered? Like do they pick students to fill all the seats before they start looking on the waitlist? And is it ranked based on stats or interview experience?
From my understanding it’s ranked based on your Kira assessment, interview, MMI and group presentation. Also, if the student declined their seat that’s when they will start pulling names from the waitlist.Also as waitlisted students are we basically accepted as long as a seat opens up after all seats have been offered? Like do they pick students to fill all the seats before they start looking on the waitlist? And is it ranked based on stats or interview experience?
predent6000
New Member
I interviewed at the end of January and just got waitlisted. Has anyone heard of someone interviewing post December and getting off the waitlist?
SpeakTheTooth
Full Member
It’s possible, at this point it’s just about how high you are ranked on the waitlist and how many seats open up.I interviewed at the end of January and just got waitlisted. Has anyone heard of someone interviewing post December and getting off the waitlist?
PredentalStudent125
Full Member
Well it's that time of the weekHe said February, but it makes more sense for it to be March 15 bc of deposits. At the end of the interview, he had let everyone know that we were all interviewing for a spot since there were still some openings but that the class is already mostly filled up & not a lot of students declined their seats like they usually did in previous years. But for us to be patient because he said they go through their waitlist fast. So if you’re waitlisted, your chances of getting in will be high.
Update: I received an email that I was waitlisted today. Interviewed on 01/30.
PredentalStudent125
Full Member
I think the most important question is how many people are on the waitlist. Any approximate number would be highly helpful
PredentalStudent125
Full Member
I wonder how many have been filedIt has 78 spots
SpeakTheTooth
Full Member
Our email thread is 72 people, but there’s people like me and a bunch others I’m sure who have multiple deposits that have till March. So around then is when things will move.I wonder how many have been filed
Anyone heard anything recently?
Probably by tomorrow they will start calling, when did you get waitlisted?Anyone heard anything recen
Dec 15th.Probably by tomorrow they will start calling, when did you get waitlisted?
Probably by tomorrow they will start calling, when did you get waitlisted?Anyone heard anything recen
Same, good luck to usDec 15th.
PredentalStudent125
Full Member
Why Feb 20? Is it considered a significant day in this process?Probably by tomorrow they will start calling, when did you get waitlisted?
Same, good luck to us
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PredentalStudent125
Full Member
Good day to everyone. Just checking in to see if anyone has any updates? Wishing the best for us all.
PredentalStudent125
Full Member
Good morning. Just checking in to see if new emails came in with an increased thread count.Our email thread is 72 people, but there’s people like me and a bunch others I’m sure who have multiple deposits that have till March. So around then is when things will move.
Do you know when they called/sent the email??my friend got off the waitlist today and she interviewed in January
they called around noon mountain timeDo you know when they called/sent the email??
PredentalStudent125
Full Member
That's interesting.... I know many who interviewed in December and prior. I'm starting to think that either date interviewed isn't a factor, or that those who interviewed post December have a higher chance somehow?my friend got off the waitlist today and she interviewed in January
date interviewed is not a factor at this point...That's interesting.... I know many who interviewed in December and prior. I'm starting to think that either date interviewed isn't a factor, or that those who interviewed post December have a higher chance somehow?
Hi everyone!
Just doing a call-to-action to fill out the Recorded Video Interview survey to help future applicants. Since you have taken a Kira Talent interview (live or recorded), your input is especially desired.
forums.studentdoctor.net
Just doing a call-to-action to fill out the Recorded Video Interview survey to help future applicants. Since you have taken a Kira Talent interview (live or recorded), your input is especially desired.
Recorded video interview survey!
The 2024 Recorded Video Interview survey is open! Please tell your peers to complete the survey. We want to get a sense of how many different virtual interviews every has been exposed to, but we are also focused on the recorded video interview (such as Kira Talent or SparkHire). The more...
Any waitlist movement?
admissions director is on a trip and will be away until at least the end of the week...Any waitlist movement?
Ah ok, thank you.admissions director is on a trip and will be away until at least the end of the week...
So they aren’t doing any calls this week because she/he is out of town?Ah ok, thank you.
i didn't say that...So they aren’t doing any calls this week because she/he is out of town?
Okay! Thank you for the clarification 🤗i didn't say that...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
predent6000
New Member
I interviewed in January and was accepted off the waitlist this morning!
I emailed Scott (admissions director) if he could let me know my ranking on the waitlist... He did not give me a specific number but said "i do not anticipate we will reach your name this cycle."
Thankfully I am already committed to Tufts but i recommend emailing him in case you are waiting on asdoh vs other schools!
Thankfully I am already committed to Tufts but i recommend emailing him in case you are waiting on asdoh vs other schools!
When did you interview?I emailed Scott (admissions director) if he could let me know my ranking on the waitlist... He did not give me a specific number but said "i do not anticipate we will reach your name this cycle."
Thankfully I am already committed to Tufts but i recommend emailing him in case you are waiting on asdoh vs other schools!
wow, most schools will not tell you anything about WL status...I emailed Scott (admissions director) if he could let me know my ranking on the waitlist... He did not give me a specific number but said "i do not anticipate we will reach your name this cycle."
Thankfully I am already committed to Tufts but i recommend emailing him in case you are waiting on asdoh vs other schools!
ScotchBond
New Member
I emailed Scott (admissions director) if he could let me know my ranking on the waitlist... He did not give me a specific number but said "i do not anticipate we will reach your name this cycle."
Thankfully I am already committed to Tufts but i recommend emailing him in case you are waiting on asdoh vs other schools!
I also emailed him and he said the same thing to me
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K