Asdoh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

REDSOX08

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone who has interviewed at arizona, is it your first choice? and what are the chances of getting in if your interview was before dec 1? well wish you all the best of luck.

Members don't see this ad.

hey everyone who has interviewed at arizona, is it your first choice? and what are the chances of getting in if your interview was before dec 1? well wish you all the best of luck.

An interview before 12/1 doesn't really mean anything, as ASDOH likes to fill their class until March.

I interviewed there and wasn't impressed. I withdrew immediately.:thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)
What didn't you like about it?

He didn't like the fact that it's in Arizona. For example, it is presently 4:02 PM. Would you care to guess the temperature? It's 82 degrees. :rolleyes:

Actually that was the only plus. (temp/golf weather) I was really offended when I was there. :thumbdown:

I am sure many people will go and love it. It just won't be me.:)

When I interviewed there, I kept trying to come up with something that was negative about the place. . .I still can't come up with anything.

The only negative for me is through no fault of the school: I have been in Arizona for 22 years. No more!

Actually that was the only plus. (temp/golf weather) I was really offended when I was there. :thumbdown:

Offended like by an interviewer or student or something? That sucks!
Hopefully, we will all find a place where we fit in and feel comfortable!

Offended like by an interviewer or student or something? That sucks!
Hopefully, we will all find a place where we fit in and feel comfortable!

dsmack should be fine. He's not lacking for interviews. ;)

Sorry, it is personal about my family. This forum isn't an appropriate place to discuss it. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Though the interview was very different than every other interview I have been to, I really liked the school a lot and it would definitely be hard to turn down an offer of acceptance. They are for sure in my top three.

I second that!!
Though the interview was very different than every other interview I have been to, I really liked the school a lot and it would definitely be hard to turn down an offer of acceptance. They are for sure in my top three.

I second that!!
Awesome school, loved it all the way. I hope I get into ASDOH and no others so I don't have to make any hard decisions:)

i cant wait to hear from them, anyone get a rejection after their interview yet? i hope i dont get one.

Loved the school. The interview moved it right up to the top of my list.

I'm glad to see all the positive input about the school. I also loved it at ASDOH and I would have to put it at the top of my list. It seems like the only people with a negative outlook on the school are those who interviewed bad and even got rejected. Here's to sleeping by the phone Dec. 1st eve.

yeah the school was awesome, i am hoping to get in dec 1. i hope a lot of kids had bad interviews and a lot of rejections were sent out. haha just playin playas

Part of the interview process at ASDOH is to weed out the drama queens and those who are going to cry everytime someone looks at them wrong. Looks like it is working. Thank you for not considering ASDOH. Seriously, what could someone have been said that is soooo offensive that you would reject the entire institution?

Part of the interview process at ASDOH is to weed out the drama queens and those who are going to cry everytime someone looks at them wrong. Looks like it is working. Thank you for not considering ASDOH. Seriously, what could someone have been said that is soooo offensive that you would reject the entire institution?

Dude, take it easy. Not everyone is going to feel the same way about every school. The whole point of us going to interviews is to find one that feels right. dsmack knows what he wants, and it's not the same as for you.

Whoa...who stepped on your toes buddy?

Thanks for keepin my back guys, but I have been called worse by more credible people. I can take it. Especially when the badger has been around for only a few days.

It is to be expected. Most poeple come on SDN for the first month and try to bash their opinions into others heads. I was as guilty as they come. AZ just isn't the place for me.

Enough about me, keep giving good insight on why ASDOH will work for you guys. :)

very mature response ddsmack. does anyone know if asdoh is done with interviews? are they still sending out post rejections?

another question for those of you who interviewed at arizona, how many people did they say the incoming class will be? it sounds like they told every person a diff. number, between 60-80?

another question for those of you who interviewed at arizona, how many people did they say the incoming class will be? it sounds like they told every person a diff. number, between 60-80?
We were told that they originally wanted to expand to 80, but this year would only admit 60. It didn't sound like the number was completely solid yet, so who knows it might change. That part is just my "interpretation" of the tone that it was said in.

That was my impression as well. They arent sure how close they will get to 80, but they definitely want to increase.

We were told that they originally wanted to expand to 80, but this year would only admit 60. It didn't sound like the number was completely solid yet, so who knows it might change. That part is just my "interpretation" of the tone that it was said in.

I asked this question to an ASDOH admin and they informed me that the number will be closer to 60 than 80. More than likely, 60.

yeah the school was awesome, i am hoping to get in dec 1. i hope a lot of kids had bad interviews and a lot of rejections were sent out. haha just playin playas

Congratulation...your wish just came true!! Anyways, I called ASDOH today to check on my status and I was told that I should expect the rejection letter within a few weeks! :( It hurts so much!! the disappointing thing is I didn't even get an interview! My stats are 19/21/20, 3.9 science/3.9 overall...my DAT are not great, but it seems like my stats are OK for their 2005 class...I notice on predents that ASDOH are rejecting lots of great stats this year...has their stats increased so much??:mad:

I received an interview invite by e-mail yesterday with 11/20 and 11/21 as options so they are still sending them out.

congrats on the interview, you will be fresh in their head when the adcom meets. good luck

I received an interview invite by e-mail yesterday with 11/20 and 11/21 as options so they are still sending them out.
Congrats yellow...you will love it there! Plus a chance to get out of this rain!:)

lemming did they say how many they are going to accept on dec1?

lemming did they say how many they are going to accept on dec1?
I think it was in the range of 20-25, maybe a few more. They were pretty vague about this because I think they wanted to leave themselves wiggle room if they wanted more or less.

i hate waiting, did your interview go well? i wonder what they are looking for, it doesnt seem like stats are what they are after, what do you think?

I notice on predents that ASDOH are rejecting lots of great stats this year...has their stats increased so much??:mad:

They can't interview everyone. Last year they had just shy of 3,000 applicants. I recall that they interviewed less than 10% of those. That's still around 250 applicants that they interviewed.

They said this year they have received over 3200 applications already.

wonder how many they are going to interview? 350?

Yes! It is my first choice.

wonder how many they are going to interview? 350?

That sounds a little ridiculous for a school that may or may not be raising its class size from 54.

sound like too many?

I hold my breath every time I check the mail for a rejection letter. My interview was a little over two weeks ago, do you think I would have a letter by now?

That sounds a little ridiculous for a school that may or may not be raising its class size from 54.
Yeah, that's a lot, but that is the number that they said they will interview this year. Crazy...officially the hardest school to get into?

Yeah, that's a lot, but that is the number that they said they will interview this year. Crazy...officially the hardest school to get into?

I second that!

AZ was my first interview...I couldn't talk I was sooo nervous lol

Hey Gavin...I got to meet you buy you probably don't remember me..I interviewed there on Tuesday afternoon and asked you if you were gavin...thanks for the info on the school...I love the school...
That sounds about right. They probably interview 10% and then accept 25-30% of those.