Asdoh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
mennkid, i hear what you are saying, its nice to see that dental schools are straying from just accepting the wicked smart kids who cant even use there hands and are looking for all around good people.

Members don't see this ad.

anyone else have arizona as their number 1 choice?

Members don't see this ad :)
AZ and MD are fighting an epic battle in my head. I love AZ, as if my avatar doesnt say that, but I have instate at MD. :confused:

Right now it's a toss up between AZ and UNC, but I agree with you apaul, GO SUNS!!

i joke about how if we goto AZ we can watch all of the suns games, but then if I take the instate option and pay 180 bucks for the nba league pass, I think that would be a smarter move

those are some sweet ways to pick where to go to school.

lets see a better way

what does that mean "beat"????
apual- i am agreeing with you, i like the way you look at things, very very wisely

thanks man so do i

I've heard they have a hard time getting patients...is this true?

Members don't see this ad :)
way to defer the question tissy

well i will let you know its my #1 choice and its close to home which is sweet.

definitely my number 1 choice as well, i hope we all get in. its the only school ive visited where the students were all happy. does anyone know more about their modular curriculum structure? PM if u do please.

definitely my number 1 choice as well, i hope we all get in. its the only school ive visited where the students were all happy. does anyone know more about their modular curriculum structure? PM if u do please.

The modules are probably the sweetest thing I ever heard of. I think they have tests every Monday.

From what I understand they have plenty of patients to go around and the student don't deal with the billing or the scheduling. (correct me if i am wrong)

I really like how they take the boards after their first year and they spend half of their senior year in community health clinics that are out in the community and all over the country. That is the best way to gain experience that I can think of.:)

i wonder how many kids got post interview rejection letters? does anyone know? and they are going to fill half their class but how many acceptance letters are they sending? just some q's i have been pondering. thanks

maybe gavin knows this question?

happy turkey day playas

happy turkey day playas

Happy Thanksgiving!!! (Gobble Gobble) I knew I'd see you on the ASDOH thread REDSOX08. I read anything that comes up under ASDOH. 7 more days. . .what are the chances we'll be in the top 30?

I hope I'm in the top 30..don't know how I felt about the interview but I guess I'll find out soon!!
Happy Thanksgiving!!! (Gobble Gobble) I knew I'd see you on the ASDOH thread REDSOX08. I read anything that comes up under ASDOH. 7 more days. . .what are the chances we'll be in the top 30?

If there were 3000 people that applied, and we were picked on DEC 1st at ASDOH, that means we would be in the top 1% of their applicants. . .
serious reason to celebrate!!!!

i really tried to make myself stand out when I was at the interview...still don't know if that's gonna pay off. Geeeezzzzz....only 30? wow! man, that is craaaaazy! But if you got an interview, it's more like 30/300 instead of 30/3000

i really tried to make myself stand out when I was at the interview...still don't know if that's gonna pay off. Geeeezzzzz....only 30? wow! man, that is craaaaazy! But if you got an interview, it's more like 30/300 instead of 30/3000

Please don't misunderstand. They will have around 60 students total, but they said they are only picking 30 by Dec 1st. By the top 1%, I meant of all that applied. I guess it would be top 10% of all that interviewed. Still pretty awesome. (Man, why couldn't I do that good on QR? :laugh: )

A lot of Arizona makes sense. I liked the no tenure, integrated technology, block system of classes, boards just after taking the relavent courses, outreach program, passing off competencies instead of a benchmark number of procedures and from what I hear the electric over air handpieces are a nice perk. I am not getting too excited because it is so hard to get the acceptance on December 1st. I really hope a lot of other schools pay attention to what Arizona is doing and follow their lead. It probably won't help me but Arizona's system answers a lot of concerns that I had come up at other schools. With only one postdoc program everything you see is pretty much for the DMD students.

so 300 interviews total for pre dec 1st???? i wonder how many got post interview rejections? that should increase our chances a little.

With only one postdoc program everything you see is pretty much for the DMD students.

Most DMD programs don't teach any ortho, so this is certainly no disadvantage to ASDOH students. Next year some ortho will be referred to the ortho program. This year (and last year) we've simply turned then away from the clinic, so in terms of losing any learning experiences, nothing changes.

so 300 interviews total for pre dec 1st???? i wonder how many got post interview rejections? that should increase our chances a little.

anymore post interview rejections?

are they going to make 30 phone calls and thats it, what is people reject them will they make more?

Here is what the Admissions director told us when I was there. I would bet that it is subject to change also.

They are going to interview 200 before December 1st and another 150 after.

I am not sure if they are going to only make 30 offers on December 1 or they are trying to fill 30 spots with more than 30 offers.

She that they place everyone into categories (top, middle, bottom) and they for the most part just go down their list and make offers. They start making offers in December and they continue through march. So if you don't get an offer right away then you still have a chance for later.

Also she said that if you get accepted to another school but Arizona is your first choice, you can call and they can take your application to the admissions committee and they can hurry up and make a decision on whether to make an acceptance. If you are in their top group they might make you an offer the next week. Either way they will let you know where you stand and what your chances are.

Again I am just repeating what I was told to the best I can remember.

If anyone elses has more info to add, please do!

Good Luck!

what stops people from saying that they got accepted to other schools on dec 1 so that the school has to make a decision right away on whether to accept them or not???

Uh, nothing, but do you really want to play hardball with you top choice school?

i would never do that i was just making a statement, do the schools have any way of seeing how many interviews you have?

i would never do that i was just making a statement, do the schools have any way of seeing how many interviews you have?

they asked me! don't know if it's a good thing if they know you hava many or don't have any. If you have a lot...that can mean they want to compete for you or they think you can get in other schools hence turning away from you. Same trend of logic if you have only a few.

It seems that if we were not in their top group then there would be no reason to rush our application the admission committee for a decision. They probably would not do this because we don't have a high likelihood of them getting that far down their list. It would only make sense if we were in the top group and had a high likelihood of getting an acceptance anyway. They just want to prevent us from having to eat $1000 by accepting at a school that is not our top choice.

Also; please don't take advantage of the generosity that they have shared by letting their applicants know where they stand and what there chances are. They understand that this is a big decision in our lives and they want to help us out as much as they can.

good luck!

i wonder if its bad that they didnt ask me how many interviews i have?

i wonder if its bad that they didnt ask me how many interviews i have?

They didn't ask me either. When the dean talked to us, he did say that if we have an interview there, we probably have interviews other places as well due to how many people applied there and how selective they can be. I think they go ahead and assume you have other options.

man i am tired of this waiting, how about you RDH?

man i am tired of this waiting, how about you RDH?

Oh My God! This consumes me! I can't think about anything else. . .It's like when you were a kid and had to go to bed Christmas eve and wait until Christmas morning for "Santa" to come. But instead of one night of waiting, it has been 6 months!!!!!!! I hope Friday isn't anticlimactic.

RDH, where you from? how come you like az so much?