Asdoh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yikes, I thought it was ranked...

This is probably true...Joyce said that because of the crazy # of apps this year, they weren't even sure if anyone from the alternate list would get an offer.:(

The alternate list is probably 5-10 people.

Members don't see this ad.

If that's the case, do you think it would be worth sending in updated DAT scores if they are taken before this summer? I'm taking them again in June, so I was just planning on submitting the new scores with the new round of applications...

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone hear back from ASDOH about the alternate list? I was not accepted yet, but I wasn't rejected either. No one from the school has contacted me in anyway (phone, email, letter, etc.) about being added to the alternate list or about whether I would be rejected or what not. Anyone hear back from the school about being added to the alternate list yet? Please let all who are waiting know. Thanks! :)

If that's the case, do you think it would be worth sending in updated DAT scores if they are taken before this summer? I'm taking them again in June, so I was just planning on submitting the new scores with the new round of applications...

If your scores are better then you should submit them. It can only help.

Got the waitlist letter today...Keeping my fingers crossed!:luck:

Wonder how many people ended up on the list?

For all who have been accepted this year (and current students), congrats on full accreditation!:)

This probably means if I do not get off of the waitlist this year, the applicant pool will be even larger next year (more so than the normal yearly increase)!

OH my God!
I just got the waitlist letter that was mailed back in mid-April. All my mail was forwarded to a temp address and the response to be on the waitlist is due tomorrow. . .I emailed and left a message for Joyce to put me on the waitlist. I emailed my temp address to atsu a few weeks ago, but it had probably already been mailed. Do you think I am too late?

I don't think it's too late, maybe call Joyce? Since Jim got an offer I don't think there's been much movement with the list. I'm assuming that if any more spots open up it will most likely happen around mid-May when 1) the AADSAS lists are compared v.s. enrollment lists at the school to see who's still holding two or more spots, and 2) most people will make their final decisions before these lists are matched up and withdraw from multiple programs. Or at least that's what I'm still holding my breath for...:eek:

Edit: Oops, just looked on predents.com and saw that an offer was made to "Heli-Doc" on May 1st (sounds like he's attending Creighton), but I guess this means there may have been movement by at least one more spot since Jim.

Joyce emailed me back today, and I'm on the list!

The assistant in our ASDOH Prosth. clinic wanted me to let all you incoming students know that she has three rooms for rent in Power Ranch (an area of Gilbert located at Higley & Germann, about 15 minutes south of the school). The home owner lives there and used to work at ASDOH. The monthly rent including utilities is $450. The home is 4 bedrooms and 2.5 baths, along with two community pools, tennis courts, basketball courts, jogging paths, etc. If anybody is interested in a room they can contat Teressa at 480-773-1735 or email her at [email protected]

I was on the wait-list after interviewing in March with four other people- they said it was the last week of interviews. I was notified of the wait-list status in April, then of acceptance about 2 weeks ago.

:laugh:

RP

I was on the wait-list after interviewing in March with four other people- they said it was the last week of interviews. I was notified of the wait-list status in April, then of acceptance about 2 weeks ago.

:laugh:

RP

I was accepted over a month ago and haven't heard much, except that my deposit was in and the white coat ceremony. Have you received your myATSU account yet?

Not yet. Just got email about health insurance today.

There's a welcome dinner in the student lounge at ASDOH on July 21st...

RP

I got an email about it from Nanette Aguero on May 16th. Call her or send an email.

RP

First of all, I heard this guy in my interview group got accepted to asdoh two weeks ago because his father is a dentist and I'm guessing, that the father donated $$$$$$$ to the school. It's probably true as his father is a big-name dentist in the Phoenix area. THat's so unfair, especially for us ordinary applicants who are just trying to enter dental school based on our own merits.
I don't know if he, the accepted applicant, was trying to be bashful, but his GPA was quite low, and some of his DAT scores were below the national average.

To me, the ad coms (zais, evans, polk) either like you or dislike you based on their own opinions. And that, to some extent, could mean family background (i.e. your father or mother is a dentist) and/or financial background. Yeah, I enjoyed my interview with dr z and dr evans, but I think a larger committee should decide on who gets ranked in the "lists."

Interesting...they are now on the adcom for MWU-AZ