Made it in before the deadline! These are my last questions for this year.
1) For schools without a committee to write a letter, do you have any advice on how applicants can still highlight these qualities? Would a professor who knows you extensively be inappropriate to discuss these traits?
2) Earlier in this thread, you said that it is weird if a person doesn't list their ethnicity, especially if they have a really obvious name. I'm curious about whether it ever hurt an applicant to not list their ethnicity (especially if they are White or Asian)? Will adcoms know anyways (pre-interview)?
3) Is there any distinction between doing your extracurricular activities during the school year (when you are also balancing that with schoolwork) as opposed to doing it during a gap year? (example: if both applicants had equal amount of hours for the EC's they did, but one did them during the school year while the other did them during a gap year)
4) You have said that you are an adcom at a high tiered research orientated medical school. I assume that you are looking for future "leaders in medicine". When I hear this phrase, I immediately think of Physicians who will also be doing cutting edge research in biomedical/clinical fields. When an applicant is interviewed at your school expresses interest in Primary Care, does that hurt them? (given that they still have a lot of research experience to gain an interview slot at your school in the first place)
Thank you for all your help this year and Happy New Years!