Ask your random questions about AADSAS here!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Does anyone know if Undergraduate Research in Chemistry is considered a Chemistry course? Or is it Other science/non-science. Also, the same for holding a teaching assistant in organic chem if I got credit. (is that a science course?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if Undergraduate Research in Chemistry is considered a Chemistry course? Or is it Other science/non-science. Also, the same for holding a teaching assistant in organic chem if I got credit. (is that a science course?
As long as your research has CH or CHM or CHEM XXX then it should count as science
 
Submitted my application today! But it won’t be complete until my DAT in July and Committee Letter written in August. Since my application won’t technically be complete until August, can I put off the Supplemental applications at least until after I’ve taken my DAT in July, as I am furiously studying for the rest of the month now that AADSAS has been submitted.
 
another question for you guys,

lets say I attended a school from 2012-2013, but received credit through that institution for an IB class I took in 2010. What would be best to put for the dates I attended that institution?
 
How do we view the pdf version of our application including the cover letter after we've e-submitted it?

It said we could see this once we do that, but now I can't find out where...
 
A bit of a strange question, but has anyone put their own email for the evaluator section just to see what kind of email your actual evaluators would get? You could always delete that email entry after receiving the email, so I was wondering if anyone has done it...
 
Submitted my application today! But it won’t be complete until my DAT in July and Committee Letter written in August. Since my application won’t technically be complete until August, can I put off the Supplemental applications at least until after I’ve taken my DAT in July, as I am furiously studying for the rest of the month now that AADSAS has been submitted.
Yes, you can put them off until after the DAT
 
another question for you guys,

lets say I attended a school from 2012-2013, but received credit through that institution for an IB class I took in 2010. What would be best to put for the dates I attended that institution?
Probably 2012-2013. Does IB show on your transcript? I'm pretty sure there was an designation for IB courses like there was for AP. I only had AP though so I'm not 100% certain
 
A bit of a strange question, but has anyone put their own email for the evaluator section just to see what kind of email your actual evaluators would get? You could always delete that email entry after receiving the email, so I was wondering if anyone has done it...
Does it really matter?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Probably 2012-2013. Does IB show on your transcript? I'm pretty sure there was an designation for IB courses like there was for AP. I only had AP though so I'm not 100% certain
The IB course shows up on the transcript exactly like the other courses. There is no designation.
The only problem with what you are suggesting, is that I don't think AADSAS will let me list a course taken outside the date range that I am saying I attended that institution. (sorry if that is poorly worded)
 
The IB course shows up on the transcript exactly like the other courses. There is no designation.
The only problem with what you are suggesting, is that I don't think AADSAS will let me list a course taken outside the date range that I am saying I attended that institution. (sorry if that is poorly worded)
I understand the problem. You can try just lumping the IB course in with the other semester you were there. If it's wrong, AADSAS will send it back to you to correct it and you'll only be delayed like a day more. Maybe someone else will better be able to answer
 
Should the planned coursework section only include classes for the following semester (Fall 2016)? Should I also include classes that I am not currently registered for as part of Spring 2017? I haven't finished the physics prereqs yet, and want to communicate to dental schools that I intend to take both physics courses.

Thanks!
 
Should the planned coursework section only include classes for the following semester (Fall 2016)? Should I also include classes that I am not currently registered for as part of Spring 2017? I haven't finished the physics prereqs yet, and want to communicate to dental schools that I intend to take both physics courses.

Thanks!
100% put any pre-requisite courses you haven't taken yet on planned courses. I only put courses for fall semester because frankly I forgot about spring and hadn't decided exactly what I'd be taking. Only put things you are absolutely certain you will be taking. Many admissions offers have the stipulation that you must finish/pass any planned coursework with X grade.
 
100% put any pre-requisite courses you haven't taken yet on planned courses. I only put courses for fall semester because frankly I forgot about spring and hadn't decided exactly what I'd be taking. Only put things you are absolutely certain you will be taking. Many admissions offers have the stipulation that you must finish/pass any planned coursework with X grade.

Thank You!
 
I took a dual enrollment precalculus and human anatomy/physiology class in high school back in 2009, and forgot to add this in the coursework section. It was honestly so long ago that I had completely forgot I even took it. In Maricopa county, AZ the community colleges consolidate and combine all classes into one transcript and I didn't notice this until I sent in a transcript from a separate community college (for english 101/102). What is the course of action I should take to correct this mistake? Call AADSAS?
 
Under dental experiences where they ask for Position title are they asking for our title or the title of the supervisor, because as a random undergrad shadowing I had no title. What would the title be for the dentist? Owner maybe?
 
Under dental experiences where they ask for Position title are they asking for our title or the title of the supervisor, because as a random undergrad shadowing I had no title. What would the title be for the dentist? Owner maybe?
Your title. So put shadower, or observer.
 
I took a dual enrollment precalculus and human anatomy/physiology class in high school back in 2009, and forgot to add this in the coursework section. It was honestly so long ago that I had completely forgot I even took it. In Maricopa county, AZ the community colleges consolidate and combine all classes into one transcript and I didn't notice this until I sent in a transcript from a separate community college (for english 101/102). What is the course of action I should take to correct this mistake? Call AADSAS?
Yes I would call AADSAS in this case
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How does being a reapplicant affect our odds? Help, hurt, doesn't matter at all? Also, would we only be reapplicants at schools we're applying to again or would we be considered reapplicants across the board?
 
So for planned coursework, can I just put down that I am planning on Biochem and Physics 1 for this next coming fall semester? Or do I need to list every single class signed up for, as I am most likely going to be changing my schedule around but keeping physics and biochem.

Do I also need to plan my spring courses now on AADSAS?
 
So for planned coursework, can I just put down that I am planning on Biochem and Physics 1 for this next coming fall semester? Or do I need to list every single class signed up for, as I am most likely going to be changing my schedule around but keeping physics and biochem.

Do I also need to plan my spring courses now on AADSAS?
I would only put what you're certainly going to take. You don't have to put spring on there
 
Under shadowing experience, I honestly don't know what to put under "Brief description of activities" and I don't want to be repetitive...
 
Under shadowing experience, I honestly don't know what to put under "Brief description of activities" and I don't want to be repetitive...
List some of the more "exciting" procedures (if any) that you witnessed.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Where would attending two dental conventions fit in the professional experience? Academic Enrichment or Dentistry/Shadowing experience? Similar question for Pre-dental sim days. I have them under Academic Enrichment for now.
 
Where would attending two dental conventions fit in the professional experience? Academic Enrichment or Dentistry/Shadowing experience? Similar question for Pre-dental sim days. I have them under Academic Enrichment for now.
Correct
 
I'm planning on starting a postbacc program at LECOM in the fall. Do I have to put that in there as planned coursework?
Also, can we add LORs after we submit or no?
 
I'm planning on starting a postbacc program at LECOM in the fall. Do I have to put that in there as planned coursework?
Also, can we add LORs after we submit or no?
You don't technically have to I guess. don't see why you wouldn't though.
And yes, you can add LORs after you submit