You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Ask your random questions about AADSAS here!
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
1. Can you REQUEST your LOR to your teachers (send them their emails request on AADSAS) without submitting application?
I just want to make sure but for the science GPA, we calculate all science courses right? like Evolution, Ecology and all that?
Also I have been part of a few basketball teams for leagues and in some of those leagues we have gotten first or second, in the application do I put all the leagues i have been in, just the ones that we placed in, or do I just put that I play in basketball leagues?
Also I have been part of a few basketball teams for leagues and in some of those leagues we have gotten first or second, in the application do I put all the leagues i have been in, just the ones that we placed in, or do I just put that I play in basketball leagues?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
YesI took two college classes in high school through a school that I never actually attended (I received a grade for them and they appear as "transfer credits" on my transcript). Do I also need to request a transcript from this school? Thanks y'all!
There's a pdf somewhere on what exactly aaddas counts as "science". But yeah those all count. In addition the math, stats, comp sci, astronomy, etc.I just want to make sure but for the science GPA, we calculate all science courses right? like Evolution, Ecology and all that?
Also I have been part of a few basketball teams for leagues and in some of those leagues we have gotten first or second, in the application do I put all the leagues i have been in, just the ones that we placed in, or do I just put that I play in basketball leagues?
Yes1. Can you REQUEST your LOR to your teachers (send them their emails request on AADSAS) without submitting application?
F
fogorvostan
YesI took two college classes in high school through a school that I never actually attended (I received a grade for them and they appear as "transfer credits" on my transcript). Do I also need to request a transcript from this school? Thanks y'all!
Yes. You just enter their emails and they get the request1. Can you REQUEST your LOR to your teachers (send them their emails request on AADSAS) without submitting application?
YesI took two college classes in high school through a school that I never actually attended (I received a grade for them and they appear as "transfer credits" on my transcript). Do I also need to request a transcript from this school? Thanks y'all!
Thought i'd post this in here for anyone confused on what LOR's they need for specific schools
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...n-requirements-list-for-dental-school.911558/
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...n-requirements-list-for-dental-school.911558/
I preceptored for gen chem for two years and got chemistry upper division honors credit for all four semesters.... would this go into the chem section? The Class was called CHEM 456... and on my transcript it says "Honors Preceptorship - Honors Course"
F
fogorvostan
I'd follow your transcript and enter it exactly as it appearsI preceptored for gen chem for two years and got chemistry upper division honors credit for all four semesters.... would this go into the chem section? The Class was called CHEM 456... and on my transcript it says "Honors Preceptorship - Honors Course"
Hi all! I was just hired for a chemistry research position today where I will be completing approximately 100 hours over the summer. Can I put this on my application and how do I word an item that is set for the future? I start June 13th.
Also, random question... do I have to wait for the application to open up tomorrow to access the transcript request form to give to schools or is it available elsewhere?
Thanks!
Also, random question... do I have to wait for the application to open up tomorrow to access the transcript request form to give to schools or is it available elsewhere?
Thanks!
If i ran some 5k and full marathons should I put those in the extracurricular activities?
1. You can theoretically list the hours as "estimated" if you want. Some people might give you crap about it on here. I did this for one program and nobody cared. You literally have to say hours are estimated by time of completion.Hi all! I was just hired for a chemistry research position today where I will be completing approximately 100 hours over the summer. Can I put this on my application and how do I word an item that is set for the future? I start June 13th.
Also, random question... do I have to wait for the application to open up tomorrow to access the transcript request form to give to schools or is it available elsewhere?
Thanks!
2. You have to wait until tomorrow
NoIf i ran some 5k and full marathons should I put those in the extracurricular activities?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Cool, I can put it if i volunteered though right?
1. You can theoretically list the hours as "estimated" if you want. Some people might give you crap about it on here. I did this for one program and nobody cared. You literally have to say hours are estimated by time of completion.
2. You have to wait until tomorrow
Thanks!
.
Last edited:
.
Last edited:
,
Last edited:
,
Last edited:
.
Last edited:
So I'm looking over the instructions from adea and under professional experience it says, "applicants should record only experiences obtained during college"....I'm non traditional and have been working and volunteering for a few years since college, am I really not allowed to include that?? Do they just mean not to include stuff from BEFORE college?
Yep. Nothing before college. After is perfectly fine. If you're a non-trad, it'd be weird if you had nothing after collegeSo I'm looking over the instructions from adea and under professional experience it says, "applicants should record only experiences obtained during college"....I'm non traditional and have been working and volunteering for a few years since college, am I really not allowed to include that?? Do they just mean not to include stuff from BEFORE college?
Yep. Nothing before college. After is perfectly fine. If you're a non-trad, it'd be weird if you had nothing after college
Thanks!! That's what I thought but I read that and freaked out for a second.
Does being in basketball leagues and doing Muay Thai count as extracurricular activity?
Yes. Not everything you do has to relate to dentistry 🙂Does being in basketball leagues and doing Muay Thai count as extracurricular activity?
I would do two different ones.Hey, I shadowed two dentists from one practice. Would you guys recommend putting two separate entries for each dentist or only keep it at one? I have about 100 hours with one dentist and 25 with the other.
Do i put every individual league i've been in?Yes. Not everything you do has to relate to dentistry 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You get 10 spaces for ECs. You'll see tomorrow. I might just lump them all together.Do i put every individual league i've been in?
1 entry per dentistHey, I shadowed two dentists from one practice. Would you guys recommend putting two separate entries for each dentist or only keep it at one? I have about 100 hours with one dentist and 25 with the other.
Ah ok, probably better to do that.You get 10 spaces for ECs. You'll see tomorrow. I might just lump them all together.
I've kind of addressed this question before, but I looked through the application and seeing as it opens tomorrow..
Permanent address vs address. Residency is determined by permanent address? I could call either a Utah or a Cali address as my permanent address. Does this mean I can essentially choose which one I can use as my in state application status?
Permanent address vs address. Residency is determined by permanent address? I could call either a Utah or a Cali address as my permanent address. Does this mean I can essentially choose which one I can use as my in state application status?
I guess. Keep in mind that schools may further verify your residency later on with tax records, drivers license, voter registration, etcI've kind of addressed this question before, but I looked through the application and seeing as it opens tomorrow..
Permanent address vs address. Residency is determined by permanent address? I could call either a Utah or a Cali address as my permanent address. Does this mean I can essentially choose which one I can use as my in state application status?
Yeah, but I assume that would mostly be for tuition purposes and not for selection?
Second question! When there are boxes you fill in, like the hand eye coordination activities, does anyone know how they're printed off for the admission people? Is it a straight translation from html box to paper? Do people usually just format it like..
-Raquetball champion
-Knitting class
-Carving class
Thanks!
Second question! When there are boxes you fill in, like the hand eye coordination activities, does anyone know how they're printed off for the admission people? Is it a straight translation from html box to paper? Do people usually just format it like..
-Raquetball champion
-Knitting class
-Carving class
Thanks!
I was reading on the aadsas application that there is an advisor release... does that mean that the advisor can see all the schools that I apply to? I only ask because I am thinking of not applying to my state school (which I attend) and do not want my advisor to know - but the release seems to let them know what schools I apply to and which one I matriculate in...if anyone can help, I would appreciate it...
...I have a committee letter btw
...I have a committee letter btw
Yes. I suppose if you're trying to game the system, you could.Yeah, but I assume that would mostly be for tuition purposes and not for selection?
Second question! When there are boxes you fill in, like the hand eye coordination activities, does anyone know how they're printed off for the admission people? Is it a straight translation from html box to paper? Do people usually just format it like..
-Raquetball champion
-Knitting class
-Carving class
Thanks!
Everything is made into a PDF and you can see it when it's submitted. I wrote mine in sentences.
If it seems like the release will let them know, it probably will. I don't remember the release form. Maybe you don't need to sign it. Or perhaps you do. You could just fork over the $100 and apply to your state school and just not follow through with the secondary if you're that worried lolI was reading on the aadsas application that there is an advisor release... does that mean that the advisor can see all the schools that I apply to? I only ask because I am thinking of not applying to my state school (which I attend) and do not want my advisor to know - but the release seems to let them know what schools I apply to and which one I matriculate in...if anyone can help, I would appreciate it...
...I have a committee letter btw
So, will the LOR request be sent when I submit or once my application is verified?
Also, it says we can submit a committee letter and 1 additional letter. Is the additional letter a requirement?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Also, it says we can submit a committee letter and 1 additional letter. Is the additional letter a requirement?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Can I include this 2 month trip to a third world country the summer right before entering college? I worked in a clinic
Why not?Can I include this 2 month trip to a third world country the summer right before entering college? I worked in a clinic

The additional is meant to be written by a dentist or someone else (it's not supposed to be an academic letter). It's optional, but strongly recommended. Specially if a dentist or someone from the health field writes it.So, will the LOR request be sent when I submit or once my application is verified?
Also, it says we can submit a committee letter and 1 additional letter. Is the additional letter a requirement?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
My dentist's letter is already in my committee letter.The additional is meant to be written by a dentist or someone else (it's not supposed to be an academic letter). It's optional, but strongly recommended. Specially if a dentist or someone from the health field writes it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Then, you are all set.My dentist's letter is already in my committee letter.

F
fogorvostan
After you submitIs your GPA calculated after you e-submit? And if so, your application is sent after once they have calculated your GPA or just when you e-submit?
Mailed in batches once GPA is calculated
So with supplementary applications, I noticed some schools want you to pay a fee when you submit your application. Is that only if your application is verified or would I submit those fees even if my submitted application has a pending committee letter and transcripts after submitting?
F
fogorvostan
I waited until my application was "mailed"So with supplementary applications, I noticed some schools want you to pay a fee when you submit your application. Is that only if your application is verified or would I submit those fees even if my submitted application has a pending committee letter and transcripts after submitting?
Similar threads
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
E