Associates at community college

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zakir

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I really sorry what you had gone through. But do not worry you are not in such disadvantage.

There are only 4 dental schools that do not accept CC credits for prerequisites Indiana, Creighton, BU, and Tufts. From Tufts I can tell you that you can substitute prerequisites with upper level courses of the same area, Biology with Anatomy for example; also if you do well in your DATs in the Chemistry section they will not look where you took your chemistry. So you will need to take Orgo, Physic, Math (try to take Stats; Texas' schools require it), and English at the University. Half of dental schools will take unlimited amount of CC credits, other 1/4 will accept up to 60. NYU, U Pittsburgh, OHSU, Howard, and Temple; will accept 1 class/subject, 30% of credits, 32, 48, and 6 credits respectively.

Also all the Texas' dental schools accept CC according to the book I have. So just do well during this years to demonstrate that you went to college for financial reasons (same reason I did), kill your DAT, and apply early next year.

TLDR: You are fine, you got this. The winner of the dental education is the one with less debt at the end.

Reactions: 1 user
Transfer to a four year after 2 to finish up.

Members don't see this ad :)
They already got an associate degree and just started at a 4 year college i believe

Then it’s not a problem at all. Only the schools that don’t take CCs really take it into account. Anyways speaking for my school it doesn’t matter.

I really sorry what you had gone through. But do not worry you are not in such disadvantage.

There are only 4 dental schools that do not accept CC credits for prerequisites Indiana, Creighton, BU, and Tufts. From Tufts I can tell you that you can substitute prerequisites with upper level courses of the same area, Biology with Anatomy for example; also if you do well in your DATs in the Chemistry section they will not look where you took your chemistry. So you will need to take Orgo, Physic, Math (try to take Stats; Texas' schools require it), and English at the University. Half of dental schools will take unlimited amount of CC credits, other 1/4 will accept up to 60. NYU, U Pittsburgh, OHSU, Howard, and Temple; will accept 1 class/subject, 30% of credits, 32, 48, and 6 credits respectively.

Also all the Texas' dental schools accept CC according to the book I have. So just do well during this years to demonstrate that you went to college for financial reasons (same reason I did), kill your DAT, and apply early next year.

TLDR: You are fine, you got this. The winner of the dental education is the one with less debt at the end.

It’s odd that you say Indiana doesn’t accept prerequisites from CC when I took my gen chems and 1 gen bio there along with English composite classes. I received an interview from them.

It’s odd that you say Indiana doesn’t accept prerequisites from CC when I took my gen chems and 1 gen bio there along with English composite classes. I received an interview from them.

Congratulations on your interview. According to the official guide and their own website they only accept prerequisites from 4-year colleges or universities. Like I said even those schools will make exceptions and sometimes will offer you an acceptance with the condition that you take some courses before you start the program.

Congratulations on your interview. According to the official guide and their own website they only accept prerequisites from 4-year colleges or universities. Like I said even those schools will make exceptions and sometimes will offer you an acceptance with the condition that you take some courses before you start the program.

Ya I actually checked on ADEA Dental Explorer after I read your comment and was surprised I forgot to check that. Wouldn’t have applied if I saw that from before, guess everything happens for a reason. Thank you by the way. It’s this weekend!

Should not hurt you at all, notwithstanding the aforementioned (elitist :rolleyes:) schools!