At a disadvantage if doing remote learning?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1071450

This has just been something kind of floating in my mind recently, but this upcoming semester I will be doing remote learning. My college offers everyone to come back minus freshman (I'm a sophomore), but I have decided to stay home bc of current COVID-19 trends and the super restrictive/limited on-campus college experience (plus I can save about 10k, woo!).

This past semester was in person for 3 weeks and then everyone was sent home, so I took some important pre-reqs virtually. I took cell bio, bio stats, physics 1, and ochem 1. This semester I will be taking genetics, ochem 2, physics 2, and an African American lit class.

Will I be at a disadvantage when applying to med school in the future since I am taking almost all of my important pre-reqs virtually? I did really well luckily last sem, so I am sure I can do the same this sem, but I have been a bit curious about this and whether or not adcoms will look down on it since I technically had the chance to do be in person (albeit hybrid). I think I'm feeling a little lost because most people are returning, but with current trends I can maybe see another campus shutdown. The next time I'll actually be on campus would be spring 2022, since I'm studying abroad fall 2021.

Since I am at home, I am planning on scribing, which I otherwise wouldn't be able to do if I were on campus! I think that's a plus :D

Thanks guys :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn near every med school in the country is doing remote learning, so why should you be penalized? In the middle of a pandemic where states are literally running out of bed space in thier ICUs, it's rather stupid to go back on campus yet.

Reactions: 1 users
Damn near every med school in the country is doing remote learning, so why should you be penalized? In the middle of a pandemic where states are literally running out of bed space in thier ICUs, it's rather stupid to go back on campus yet.
That makes complete sense. Thanks for the reassurance!

Reactions: 1 user