At long last...DAT breakdown 24AA 26TS (7/20/2016)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

briggsinator2

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Had to pay it forward to all of those whose studying habits helped mine.

DAT breakdown: BIO 24/GC 24/OC 30/PAT 23/RC 24/QR 18

I'm honestly at a loss for words right now.... When I went through the PAT and QR sections I thought I would have to retake, but when the score came up at the end I could have broken down for joy. 2.5 months of hard work finally paid off.

Here's what I did:

GC/OC: Went through Chad's videos and quizzes (but did the quizzes later so I did them from comprehension rather than working memory). Then did DAT destroyer four times for the GC/OC sections, and made sure to do it the last time within 72 hours of my test. By the last time, I went through these in less than 8 hours because it was so second nature at that point. I also did all of DAT BOOTCAMP twice, and that was honestly clutch because the questions pretty similarly resembled those I saw today. My scores on the DAT were pretty comparable to what I obtained on my second time through DAT BOOTCAMP the week prior to the test.

BIO: I went through DAT Destroyer two-three times and made sure I knew all of that, along with DAT BOOTCAMP twice. I also bought Cliffs 4th edition which definitely helped.

PAT: I bought Crack DAT PAT and used this first, went through all 10 tests in the first 6 weeks of my studying, then bought DAT BOOTCAMP and went through those. I went through most all of the PAT tests on DAT BOOTCAMP twice because I felt the practice would help. Didn't use the PAT Generator, but I've heard it's helped other people.

RC: I went through four of the tests on DAT BOOTCAMP, and that was essentially all I did. I thought those were WAY harder than my RC test. I thought I got 100% on this test, because all of the passages were easy and search and destroy.

QR: Math has always been my achilles heel, my kryptonite, the chink in my armor. I studied really hard for this and was bummed to see my results. I went through MATH Destroyer twice, and DAT BOOTCAMP twice, and skimmed DAT Destroyer math. For whatever reason, my questions were tough for me to envision. Ah well! I highly recommend both of the sources I used, as they truly did help me understand math to a much better level than I EVER have before.

Please PM me with questions! It IS possible! I was worried that my DAT would ruin my chances of getting into dental school after working so incredibly hard the past years, but now I feel great! I am a terrible standardized test taker, so please realize that you can do ANYTHING you set your mind to!

I also wanted to thank Ari from DAT BOOTCAMP, Dr. Jim Romano and Nancy Steen from DAT Destroyer, and Chad from Coursesaver for putting together tremendous sources. They are truly well made and, their creaters invested tremendous time to simulate the questions you will see on the big day. It never could have been done without them.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Had to pay it forward to all of those whose studying habits helped mine.

DAT breakdown: BIO 24/GC 24/OC 30/PAT 23/RC 24/QR 18

I'm honestly at a loss for words right now.... When I went through the PAT and QR sections I thought I would have to retake, but when the score came up at the end I could have broken down for joy. 2.5 months of hard work finally paid off.

Here's what I did:

GC/OC: Went through Chad's videos and quizzes (but did the quizzes later so I did them from comprehension rather than working memory). Then did DAT destroyer four times for the GC/OC sections, and made sure to do it the last time within 72 hours of my test. By the last time, I went through these in less than 8 hours because it was so second nature at that point. I also did all of DAT BOOTCAMP twice, and that was honestly clutch because the questions pretty similarly resembled those I saw today. My scores on the DAT were pretty comparable to what I obtained on my second time through DAT BOOTCAMP the week prior to the test.

BIO: I went through DAT Destroyer two-three times and made sure I knew all of that, along with DAT BOOTCAMP twice. I also bought Cliffs 4th edition which definitely helped.

PAT: I bought Crack DAT PAT and used this first, went through all 10 tests in the first 6 weeks of my studying, then bought DAT BOOTCAMP and went through those. I went through most all of the PAT tests on DAT BOOTCAMP twice because I felt the practice would help. Didn't use the PAT Generator, but I've heard it's helped other people.

RC: I went through four of the tests on DAT BOOTCAMP, and that was essentially all I did. I thought those were WAY harder than my RC test. I thought I got 100% on this test, because all of the passages were easy and search and destroy.

QR: Math has always been my achilles heel, my kryptonite, the chink in my armor. I studied really hard for this and was bummed to see my results. I went through MATH Destroyer twice, and DAT BOOTCAMP twice, and skimmed DAT Destroyer math. For whatever reason, my questions were tough for me to envision. Ah well! I highly recommend both of the sources I used, as they truly did help me understand math to a much better level than I EVER have before.

Please PM me with questions! It IS possible! I was worried that my DAT would ruin my chances of getting into dental school after working so incredibly hard the past years, but now I feel great! I am a terrible standardized test taker, so please realize that you can do ANYTHING you set your mind to!

I also wanted to thank Ari from DAT BOOTCAMP, Dr. Jim Romano and Nancy Steen from DAT Destroyer, and Chad from Coursesaver for putting together tremendous sources. They are truly well made and, their creaters invested tremendous time to simulate the questions you will see on the big day. It never could have been done without them.
:soexcited:Congratulations!!! Wow!! 30 in Orgo:eek:! Thanks for the detailed breakdown and shout out!

Wishing you the best, you can put the DAT behind you..

Nancy

Reactions: 1 user
What's your science background?

What topics did you feel you were the least prepared for while you were taking the exam?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Honestly, I can tell you that I felt more studying wouldn't have helped in any section. I really felt that the math was tough, but I think exhaustion at that point was also playing a role. Bio had a couple of weird questions related to anatomy (honestly, I don't know what the Eustacian tube connects to!), but overall I felt everything was covered on Bootcamp and in DAT Destroyer. Gen chem was actually a breeze! Everything was basically a rephrase of the resources I'd used before. PAT was tough when I went through it, but I think all of the practice tests in Crack DAT PAT and DAT BOOTCAMP gave me the instincts to make good guesses. Practice even helped me get better at angles!

Let me know if I can help you with anything else!

Cheers,
JB

Members don't see this ad :)
What's your science background?

What topics did you feel you were the least prepared for while you were taking the exam?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Sorry, and my science background consisted of BIO1&2, ORGO1&2, GC1&2, Biochem, and Human physiology. The extra bio classes really helped!

The 30 spam is unreal the past few days. I feel like I'm seeing a record number of 24+ scores... Now I feel inferior ;(

Reactions: 1 user