At what point are you officially accepted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surfguy84

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So you interview, the school notifies you that you're accepted. At this point you do a background check...assuming that passes, you pay your deposit then you're in?

Members don't see this ad.

Technically? Technically you're not in until you matriculate/register. But yeah, once your spot is reserved (with your deposit) and the background check is clear, you're in. Just don't do something stupid like make racist comments on social media, bad mouth the school, fail all your remaining classes, or get arrested/DUI/etc.

Technically? Technically you're not in until you matriculate/register. But yeah, once your spot is reserved (with your deposit) and the background check is clear, you're in. Just don't do something stupid like make racist comments on social media, bad mouth the school, fail all your remaining classes, or get arrested/DUI/etc.

I've wondered...what is the point of sending in your transcripts to the school? What exactly are the looking for that they haven't already seen via aacomas?

Members don't see this ad :)
I've wondered...what is the point of sending in your transcripts to the school? What exactly are the looking for that they haven't already seen via aacomas?

They want to see your current grades. If you're screwing up and getting C's well then they might just withdraw their acceptance offer to you!

Which dear God I hope doesn't happen to me, I'm taking medical microbiology and cellular neurobiology while working graveyard. We shall see!

They want to see your current grades. If you're screwing up and getting C's well then they might just withdraw their acceptance offer to you!

Which dear God I hope doesn't happen to me, I'm taking medical microbiology and cellular neurobiology while working graveyard. We shall see!

Getting below C's***

Reactions: 1 users

AACOMAS is a 3rd party that doesn't represent the school. They need to verify that you fulfill the requirements for matriculation themselves. It would cumbersome for a school to sift through transcripts from thousands of applicants, so they rely on AACOMAS for that, but when the time comes of actually accepting people, they want to be sure that who they accept can actually attend.

Reactions: 1 user

They want an official copy for their own records.

The copy you send to AACOMAS doesn't get forwarded to the schools and it's just for the application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user