Calizboosted76

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
2+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2017
Status
  1. Medical Student
Hey everyone I have began receiving rejections (surprise surprise) lol. I am a reinvention applicant and have applied to a lot of schools.

At what point in the cycle do I add more schools?

This is what I am working with so far:

DO LIST SECONDARIES SUBMITTED

* LECOM-B (Done)
* LECOM- Seton hill (Done)
* LECOM- Erie (Done)
* LECOM- Elmira (Done)
* DMU (Done)
* MSUCOM (Done)
* NYIT-AR (Done)
* UP-KYCOM- (Done)
* OU-HCOM- (Done)
* PCOM-GA- (Done)
* LMU-DCOM(Done)
* ACOM - (Done)
* PCOM-SGA (Done)
* ICOM (Done)

MD LIST SECONDARIES SUBMITTED

* DREXEL (Done)
* MCW (Done) waiting on letter
* TEMPLE (Done)
* ROSY FRANKLIN (Done)
* WVU (Done)
* GWU (Done)
* FAU (Done)
* SLU (Done)
* GTOWN (Done)
* FIU (Done)
* WAYNE STATE (Done)
* NYMC (Done)
* TULANE (Done)
* Loyola (Done)
* Miami (Done)
* UF (Done)

REJECTED LIST
* ATSU-SOMA - (Rejected)
* PNWU-COM (Rejected)
* WVSOM (Rejected)
* Oakland-B (Rejected)
* RUSH (Rejected)
* NETTER (Rejected)

YET TO RECEIVE A SECONDARY

* MU-COM- (Secondary unfinished)
* Touro- (Haven’t sent 2• out)
* COMP-NW Cali (2dary finished)
* COMP-NW Oregon (2dary finished)
* ARCOM (screened b4 secondary)
* WCU-COM (Secondary finished)
* UIWCOM (secondary finished)
* CHSU-COM (screened prior to 2dary)
* Noorda

YET TO RECEIVE A SECONDARY

* FSU (Sec fin)
* USF (Sec Unfin)
* Seton Hall (No prom)
* EVMS (sec fin)

I appreciate all the help!

Jun 25, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
What are your reinvented stats/MCAT score? I'm also an upward trend/reinvention applicant.

Reactions: 1 user

Calizboosted76

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
2+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2017
Status
  1. Medical Student
So I had a 3.8 over 50+ credit hours
506 MCAT

About the Ads

Calizboosted76

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
2+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2017
Status
  1. Medical Student
Oof. This scares me.

I am also a first gen college student, low SES, compelling story, and great experiences. I’m still hopeful but I have began compiling a SMP list unfortunately.

Reactions: 1 users

lumya

Indoor Cat
Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2018
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
A) do you know what schools you are thinking of adding? You seem to have a pretty comprehensive list and it is still very early in the cycle

B) personally I am going to add more DO schools in October if I don’t get an interview invite by then, and I believe that is still on time for the DO cycle.

Rogue42

2+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2017
Southeast
Status
  1. Medical Student
I would add VCOM immediately. Though, I do wonder what your undergrad GPA was originally, and what your cumulative gpa is with the added 50 credits.

EDIT: If you have really applied to 49 schools with 25 of them being DO, then you really need to wait and see. Your 506 MCAT is plenty good enough for a DO acceptance somewhere. If your cumulative GPA, even with the 3.8+ over 50 credit hours is still less than a 3.0, then its going to be tough. If it isn't your gpa, then something else is lacking.

Calizboosted76

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
2+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2017
Status
  1. Medical Student
I would add VCOM immediately. Though, I do wonder what your undergrad GPA was originally, and what your cumulative gpa is with the added 50 credits.

EDIT: If you have really applied to 49 schools with 25 of them being DO, then you really need to wait and see. Your 506 MCAT is plenty good enough for a DO acceptance somewhere. If your cumulative GPA, even with the 3.8+ over 50 credit hours is still less than a 3.0, then its going to be tough. If it isn't your gpa, then something else is lacking.

It’s definitely the GPA. I accrued so many credits early on in my career that my GPA barely budged. Still under 3.0 smfh.

dxu

the great one
10+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2006
Pittsburgh
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
It’s definitely the GPA. I accrued so many credits early on in my career that my GPA barely budged. Still under 3.0 smfh.

yup same here. Too many credits with terrible results. Turn your academic life around, reinvent, and still nothing. I’ve been in the field working with hundreds of docs long enough to tell you selecting applicants with stellar stats does not always correlate with being a stellar doc. It’s an imperfect science and adcoms most certainly get things wrong. But they also get a lot right.

About the Ads

Calizboosted76

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
2+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2017
Status
  1. Medical Student
yup same here. Too many credits with terrible results. Turn your academic life around, reinvent, and still nothing. I’ve been in the field working with hundreds of docs long enough to tell you selecting applicants with stellar stats does not always correlate with being a stellar doc. It’s an imperfect science and adcoms most certainly get things wrong. But they also get a lot right.

Still early in the cycle my brother! We got this! I just keep forgetting how early it is. Praying we get some type of traction here soon.

Calizboosted76

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
2+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2017
Status
  1. Medical Student
They have a 3.1 cGPA screen, I think that's why you were rejected.

Yea, I could not find a definitive minimum and others on this forum said to try applying their so I went ahead and tried oh well.

Black Mamba Gene

2+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2018
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Some schools screen applicants below like a 3.0

You seem like a great applicant to DO schools who reinvented himself/herself but the schools you submitted to and got rejected from so far didnt even view the app unfortunately.

How many more units do you need to have GPAs over 3.0?
I would keep taking classes and updating these schools your grades.

Take any of my advice with a grain of salt since I am an applicant myself tho !

• Love

Calizboosted76

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
2+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2017
Status
  1. Medical Student
Some schools screen applicants below like a 3.0

You seem like a great applicant to DO schools who reinvented himself/herself but the schools you submitted to and got rejected from so far didnt even view the app unfortunately.

How many more units do you need to have GPAs over 3.0?
I would keep taking classes and updating these schools your grades.

Take any of my advice with a grain of salt since I am an applicant myself tho !

It would take WAY to many credits to bump up over 3.0 unfortunately. If i do not receive any love this cycle I will definitely do a SMP.

Calizboosted76

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
2+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2017
Status
  1. Medical Student

So I just spoke with VCOM admissions. They told me they will recalculate my GPA for the last 120 credit hours. This brings my cGPA up to a 3.61 if I calculated correctly.

Calizboosted76

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
2+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2017
Status
  1. Medical Student
So I am adding VCOM, How detrimental will it be if I wait until I get paid on Thursday to submit to the three VCOM’s? As opposed to trying to bum more money off of family and submitting today? @Goro

Jul 27, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
So I am adding VCOM, How detrimental will it be if I wait until I get paid on Thursday to submit to the three VCOM’s? As opposed to trying to bum more money off of family and submitting today? @Goro
I think if you submit to one VCOM location on AACOMAS, you're considered at all the locations you're interested in. You'll eventually get to rank them

• Wow

Rogue42

2+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2017
Southeast
Status
  1. Medical Student
Yeah man, I go to Vcom. If you got anymore questions then just DM me.

But yeah you apply to one campus, and if you get a secondary, you get to rank all the campuses in the order that you’d be interested in attending.

• Love

Calizboosted76

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
2+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2017
Status
  1. Medical Student
Yeah man, I go to Vcom. If you got anymore questions then just DM me.

But yeah you apply to one campus, and if you get a secondary, you get to rank all the campuses in the order that you’d be interested in attending.

Messaged you! Thank you!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads