Atlanta takes action :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1.2 M for 400 new spots. I'm reading this correctly, yes? I don't see the allure with this $3000/spot credit when a resident training cost is $100000 a year. Hmm.

I get a feeling that the 1.2mil is an investment towards the residencies. State money makes up a small percent of most programs "payment". It's still overwhelming cms money, but there is state input too.

Either this is the state ponyig up their end or, more likely, its 1.2 nil to set up the infrastructure at these hospitals so their application for residency will be appealing and likely to be accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
I get a feeling that the 1.2mil is an investment towards the residencies. State money makes up a small percent of most programs "payment". It's still overwhelming cms money, but there is state input too.

Either this is the state ponyig up their end or, more likely, its 1.2 nil to set up the infrastructure at these hospitals so their application for residency will be appealing and likely to be accepted.

1.2 M for 400 new spots. I'm reading this correctly, yes? I don't see the allure with this $3000/spot credit when a resident training cost is $100000 a year. Hmm.

I found the following article as well:

"“This will not fund the residency programs. I need to be clear,” said Dr. Ricardo Azziz, president of Georgia Health Sciences University. “This is seeding the initial period to get hospitals over the hump, which is the dry period of no reimbursement.”"

http://romenews-tribune.com/view/fu...cal-residencies?instance=home_news_lead_story

Well, that's a lot better than nothing, or a budget cut (as happened in Texas last year).

Thank goodness, I thought this was going to be another DO school opening up.

What a relief.

Thank goodness, I thought this was going to be another DO school opening up.

What a relief.

:laugh: Me too! Glad it's not, at least not until we get more residencies!