Atlantic Bridge 2019 - Chances, Acceptance, Waitlist.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know - can you hold multiple AB acceptances?

Members don't see this ad.

I don’t think so as you have a dead line to accept your offer,
And also you will have to pay a deposit.

Members don't see this ad :)
My RCSI interview is tomorrow. It's that awkward stage of nervous and not nervous. It will just be wording things carefully, and hoping for the best. It's hard to prepare much as it's open about your application. I'm sure none of us are concerned about making a good impression. The concern is about making a good enough impression to be in the top for an offer. Good luck to all! I'll be done my interview in under 22 hours!

Reactions: 1 users
My RCSI interview is tomorrow. It's that awkward stage of nervous and not nervous. It will just be wording things carefully, and hoping for the best. It's hard to prepare much as it's open about your application. I'm sure none of us are concerned about making a good impression. The concern is about making a good enough impression to be in the top for an offer. Good luck to all! I'll be done my interview in under 22 hours!

I just had mine yesterday! How’d it go? They’re quite friendly, aren’t they?

Reactions: 1 user
I just had mine yesterday! How’d it go? They’re quite friendly, aren’t they?

Yeah super friendly. We had a few laughs going through, and all questions were super fair. They seemed to really like me but I feel that's how they are with everybody haha. Also the competition is so intense that I'm trying not to get my hopes up. You feel it went well? Not sure when we will hear back. Anywhere from a few days to a few weeks? Last year for UL I interviewed on Saturday and got updated on Tuesday. So fast. But I think rcsi is still interviewing next week. So who knows.

Yeah super friendly. We had a few laughs going through, and all questions were super fair. They seemed to really like me but I feel that's how they are with everybody haha. Also the competition is so intense that I'm trying not to get my hopes up. You feel it went well? Not sure when we will hear back. Anywhere from a few days to a few weeks? Last year for UL I interviewed on Saturday and got updated on Tuesday. So fast. But I think rcsi is still interviewing next week. So who knows.

They told me they’d send out results in about 2 weeks from the interview date, and we’d have 3 weeks to decide and pay the deposit

I’m aware UCD did interviews this cycle. Did they only interview for the GEM 4 year program? I’ve applied for the 6 year but haven’t heard back.

I’m aware UCD did interviews this cycle. Did they only interview for the GEM 4 year program? I’ve applied for the 6 year but haven’t heard back.

They did interviews for the 6-year program, as well. I applied for the 6 year and I had my interview in January.

Anyone hear back from UCD with regards to offers/rejections yet?

I got a rejection about a week ago after. I applied for GEM and had a skype interview about a month before.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I did my interview for the six year program about 6 weeks ago.

I got a rejection about a week ago after. I applied for GEM and had a skype interview about a month before.

Sorry to hear that. I know it sucks. Do you mind if I ask what your stats were?

No there will be a second round later this month, towards the end of March.

Anyone heard back from RCSI? I’ve heard in the past of people hearing back in under a week.

Hi lala799,
During the Q/A after my interview, I was told that RCSI usually gets back to you on results within 2 weeks.

Hi lala799,
During the Q/A after my interview, I was told that RCSI usually gets back to you on results within 2 weeks.

Thank you for letting me know. Congrats on the interview! Wishing you the best of luck.

Accepted to UCD GEM just now. Interviewed 1/30 via skype. A lot to think about in regards to DO/international MD...

Accepted to UCD GEM just now. Interviewed 1/30 via skype. A lot to think about in regards to DO/international MD...

Congratulations! Just got an offer from them too! I too need time to think it over. Anyone know how UCD medicine is compared to other Irish universities?

Congrats to you both! I have heard it's a good school.

Congratulations! Just got an offer from them too! I too need time to think it over. Anyone know how UCD medicine is compared to other Irish universities?
Congrats to you both! Also just got accepted to UCD GEM!

Congrats to everyone who has received an interview!

I agree I think it’s 6 or 4,
Have you heard back yet?

I think they are releasing the 4 year GEM program first.

Does UCD offer a 5 year? I thought they only offered a 6 or 4 year. Anyways, good luck!

Nope but this is a thread relating to all schools, I started it :) I was just curious about your stats as general knowledge about the competitiveness of Irish schools.

Thanks!

Accepted to RCSI GEM. First acceptance :)

FYI offer is only available for 18 days, not 21.

Accepted to RCSI, too. After my interview I think I prefer RCSI over UCD. Can anyone comment on these two schools, particularly to matching back in the USA? I forget the figure I got from my interview at UCD, but the RCSI people stated they have a 90 something % match rate back, and those who didn't match rightfully didn't (aimed for too high caliber residencies given their credentials).

Reactions: 2 users
When did you hear back from both schools?
Was it by email?
And did the letters come from AB or the individual schools?

Thanks

Accepted to RCSI, too. After my interview I think I prefer RCSI over UCD. Can anyone comment on these two schools, particularly to matching back in the USA? I forget the figure I got from my interview at UCD, but the RCSI people stated they have a 90 something % match rate back, and those who didn't match rightfully didn't (aimed for too high caliber residencies given their credentials).

Yeah, it would be good to know any recent information on matching back to the US and Canada. I found some on older threads but nothing recent.

Congrats,When did you hear back from the schools?

Yeah, it would be good to know any recent information on matching back to the US and Canada. I found some on older threads but nothing recent.
You need to connect with students at both Universities,

Congratulations to all the UCD GEM Acceptances!
I applied for the 6 year Medicine program at UCD and got an offer just 10 minutes ago! Please check your emails, this may apply to you. I hope the best for you all! :)

Reactions: 3 users
Just got accepted for the 6 year program at UCD! Has anyone else heard anything yet?