You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Atlantic Bridge 2019 - Chances, Acceptance, Waitlist.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I don’t think so as you have a dead line to accept your offer,
And also you will have to pay a deposit.
And also you will have to pay a deposit.
Which day is your RCSI interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
goldeneyes
Full Member
me? mine is next week.Which day is your RCSI interview?
My RCSI interview is tomorrow. It's that awkward stage of nervous and not nervous. It will just be wording things carefully, and hoping for the best. It's hard to prepare much as it's open about your application. I'm sure none of us are concerned about making a good impression. The concern is about making a good enough impression to be in the top for an offer. Good luck to all! I'll be done my interview in under 22 hours!
D
deleted967994
My RCSI interview is tomorrow. It's that awkward stage of nervous and not nervous. It will just be wording things carefully, and hoping for the best. It's hard to prepare much as it's open about your application. I'm sure none of us are concerned about making a good impression. The concern is about making a good enough impression to be in the top for an offer. Good luck to all! I'll be done my interview in under 22 hours!
I just had mine yesterday! How’d it go? They’re quite friendly, aren’t they?
I just had mine yesterday! How’d it go? They’re quite friendly, aren’t they?
Yeah super friendly. We had a few laughs going through, and all questions were super fair. They seemed to really like me but I feel that's how they are with everybody haha. Also the competition is so intense that I'm trying not to get my hopes up. You feel it went well? Not sure when we will hear back. Anywhere from a few days to a few weeks? Last year for UL I interviewed on Saturday and got updated on Tuesday. So fast. But I think rcsi is still interviewing next week. So who knows.
D
deleted967994
Yeah super friendly. We had a few laughs going through, and all questions were super fair. They seemed to really like me but I feel that's how they are with everybody haha. Also the competition is so intense that I'm trying not to get my hopes up. You feel it went well? Not sure when we will hear back. Anywhere from a few days to a few weeks? Last year for UL I interviewed on Saturday and got updated on Tuesday. So fast. But I think rcsi is still interviewing next week. So who knows.
They told me they’d send out results in about 2 weeks from the interview date, and we’d have 3 weeks to decide and pay the deposit
Arsenalfam
New Member
Anyone hear back from UCD with regards to offers/rejections yet?
Not yetAnyone hear back from UCD with regards to offers/rejections yet?
I’m aware UCD did interviews this cycle. Did they only interview for the GEM 4 year program? I’ve applied for the 6 year but haven’t heard back.
They did interviews for the 6-year program, as well. I applied for the 6 year and I had my interview in January.
Anyone hear back from UCD with regards to offers/rejections yet?
I got a rejection about a week ago after. I applied for GEM and had a skype interview about a month before.
So you heard back from UCDI got a rejection about a week ago after. I applied for GEM and had a skype interview about a month before.
Yes I did my interview for the six year program about 6 weeks ago.I’m aware UCD did interviews this cycle. Did they only interview for the GEM 4 year program? I’ve applied for the 6 year but haven’t heard back.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So you heard back from UCD
Yes
I got a rejection about a week ago after. I applied for GEM and had a skype interview about a month before.
Sorry to hear that. I know it sucks. Do you mind if I ask what your stats were?
Sorry to hear that.
All the best with your other interviews.
medicallytaken
Full Member
Is UCD done with sending skype interviews for the GEM program?
No there will be a second round later this month, towards the end of March.
dr_fireballs97
New Member
Hi lala799,
During the Q/A after my interview, I was told that RCSI usually gets back to you on results within 2 weeks.
During the Q/A after my interview, I was told that RCSI usually gets back to you on results within 2 weeks.
Hi lala799,
During the Q/A after my interview, I was told that RCSI usually gets back to you on results within 2 weeks.
Thank you for letting me know. Congrats on the interview! Wishing you the best of luck.
Medicine.Medicine
Full Member
Accepted to UCD GEM just now. Interviewed 1/30 via skype. A lot to think about in regards to DO/international MD...
Arsenalfam
New Member
Accepted to UCD GEM just now. Interviewed 1/30 via skype. A lot to think about in regards to DO/international MD...
Congratulations! Just got an offer from them too! I too need time to think it over. Anyone know how UCD medicine is compared to other Irish universities?
Congrats to you both! Also just got accepted to UCD GEM!Congratulations! Just got an offer from them too! I too need time to think it over. Anyone know how UCD medicine is compared to other Irish universities?
Congratulations to all of you,
Would you all be willing to share your stats?Congrats to you both! Also just got accepted to UCD GEM!
LM ~69Would you all be willing to share your stats?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Medicine.Medicine
Full Member
LM ~64LM ~69
Excuse my ignorance but I do not know what that means LOLLM ~64
LM or Lizzy M score combine your MCAT and GPA, you can look online to convert those values. Hopefully that helps 🙂Excuse my ignorance but I do not know what that means LOL
LM or Lizzy M score combine your MCAT and GPA, you can look online to convert those values. Hopefully that helps 🙂
Oh thank you! I am applying to 5 year so did not write the MCAT.
Congrats guys! I also just got accepted into UCD GEM!Congrats to you both! Also just got accepted to UCD GEM!
Oh thank you! I am applying to 5 year so did not write the MCAT.
Does UCD offer a 5 year? I thought they only offered a 6 or 4 year. Anyways, good luck!
I agree I think it’s 6 or 4,
Have you heard back yet?
I think they are releasing the 4 year GEM program first.
Have you heard back yet?
I think they are releasing the 4 year GEM program first.
Does UCD offer a 5 year? I thought they only offered a 6 or 4 year. Anyways, good luck!
Nope but this is a thread relating to all schools, I started it 🙂 I was just curious about your stats as general knowledge about the competitiveness of Irish schools.
Thanks!
goldeneyes
Full Member
Accepted to RCSI GEM. First acceptance 🙂
FYI offer is only available for 18 days, not 21.
FYI offer is only available for 18 days, not 21.
Medicine.Medicine
Full Member
Accepted to RCSI, too. After my interview I think I prefer RCSI over UCD. Can anyone comment on these two schools, particularly to matching back in the USA? I forget the figure I got from my interview at UCD, but the RCSI people stated they have a 90 something % match rate back, and those who didn't match rightfully didn't (aimed for too high caliber residencies given their credentials).
When did you hear back from both schools?
Was it by email?
And did the letters come from AB or the individual schools?
Thanks
Was it by email?
And did the letters come from AB or the individual schools?
Thanks
Arsenalfam
New Member
Accepted to RCSI, too. After my interview I think I prefer RCSI over UCD. Can anyone comment on these two schools, particularly to matching back in the USA? I forget the figure I got from my interview at UCD, but the RCSI people stated they have a 90 something % match rate back, and those who didn't match rightfully didn't (aimed for too high caliber residencies given their credentials).
Yeah, it would be good to know any recent information on matching back to the US and Canada. I found some on older threads but nothing recent.
Did you hear back from RCSi?Yeah, it would be good to know any recent information on matching back to the US and Canada. I found some on older threads but nothing recent.
Arsenalfam
New Member
When did you hear back from both schools?
Was it by email?
And did the letters come from AB or the individual schools?
Thanks
Did you hear back from RCSi?
Yeah, I heard from their university email about an hour ago
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats well done,Yeah, I heard from their university email about an hour ago
I am still waiting on both schools
Congrats,When did you hear back from the schools?Accepted to RCSI, too. After my interview I think I prefer RCSI over UCD. Can anyone comment on these two schools, particularly to matching back in the USA? I forget the figure I got from my interview at UCD, but the RCSI people stated they have a 90 something % match rate back, and those who didn't match rightfully didn't (aimed for too high caliber residencies given their credentials).
You need to connect with students at both Universities,Yeah, it would be good to know any recent information on matching back to the US and Canada. I found some on older threads but nothing recent.
hellywon01
New Member
Congratulations to all the UCD GEM Acceptances!
I applied for the 6 year Medicine program at UCD and got an offer just 10 minutes ago! Please check your emails, this may apply to you. I hope the best for you all! 🙂
I applied for the 6 year Medicine program at UCD and got an offer just 10 minutes ago! Please check your emails, this may apply to you. I hope the best for you all! 🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K