Atlantic Bridge 2019 - Chances, Acceptance, Waitlist.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So i met with BMO and they said prime minus 0.25% ... all of the different info being given to different people is extremely confusing..

also, BMO lets you access 1/4 of the loan amount for each year of school. I think they're probably trying to protect from a student blowing 300K in the first year and not finishing their education. This shouldn't really be a problem because your budgeting should be spread out over four years anyways.
I totally agree with you, but sometimes it can be bad. For example, you were lucky that your co-signer decided to step in and pay some tuition fees or you won something, etc. With RBC, you are free to do so because the money is in the bag for you and you can take as much as you want, whenever you want. With BMO, it's like you are forced to take it if you signed that contract with me. That's just my opinion.

PM me, and I can send you the email the banking advisor sent me a couple hours ago from BMO.

Have you guys considered doing two LOCs? A person I know in Ireland right now has a larger one to cover the cost of tuition over the four years and another to cover living costs, flights, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Have you guys considered doing two LOCs? A person I know in Ireland right now has a larger one to cover the cost of tuition over the four years and another to cover living costs, flights, etc.
If you gonna take two loans, you might as well consider becoming a cardiologist or a cosmetic surgeon, cuz it will take forever to pay that back

Got accepted to Trinity a couple days ago! the 5 year program

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
3.7 overall GPA, ~3.6sGPA
507 MCAT, retaking in May though, in case I want to apply again next year with a stronger MCAT
Wait you got accepted, why dont you go?

Wait you got accepted, why dont you go?
Haha I didn't realize it was a 5 year program, I was assuming it was a 4 year like RCSI, so I have faith that if I write my MCAT this summer + reapply I'll be able to attend an American school for the next 4- might as well spend it in North America than travel abroad if it's possible. I might still consider Trinity in the next few weeks though

Reactions: 1 user
Haha I didn't realize it was a 5 year program, I was assuming it was a 4 year like RCSI, so I have faith that if I write my MCAT this summer + reapply I'll be able to attend an American school for the next 4- might as well spend it in North America than travel abroad if it's possible. I might still consider Trinity in the next few weeks though
Good luck! hope you get that 528 score ;)

Has anyone heard back from Trinity or NUIG 5 year course yet? :\

I just received my acceptance into NUIG!!! A little shocked as when I had emailed Atlantic bridge last week during the first rounds they said I hadn't received one but just got the accpetence email and letter today so :)

Reactions: 5 users
I just received my acceptance into NUIG!!! A little shocked as when I had emailed Atlantic bridge last week during the first rounds they said I hadn't received one but just got the accpetence email and letter today so :)
Congrats!, mind sharing your stats?

Congrats!, mind sharing your stats?
3.49 under grad gpa (honors BSc in athletic training)
3.5 graduate gpa (MEd athletic training)
mcat 505
numerous clinical hours, multiple years of research, and currently working on a publication.

3.49 under grad gpa (honors BSc in athletic training)
3.5 graduate gpa (MEd athletic training)
mcat 505
numerous clinical hours, multiple years of research, and currently working on a publication.
Nice, congrats again. I applied with 3.74 GPA, with multiple volunteering and 88 average in highschool. I didnt do MCAT and im in my second year undergrad. Still waiting :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Nice, congrats again. I applied with 3.74 GPA, with multiple volunteering and 88 average in highschool. I didnt do MCAT and im in my second year undergrad. Still waiting :/
There is still plenty of time! I was told by altantic bridge they would be releasing second offers near end of April so you may be in that round, dont get discouraged yet!

Congratulations

Yay!! Finally! I knew you'd get in. Welcome to the club. :)

Congratulations! Great news!

congrats!!

hey guys, has any GEM applicant head back from UCC or UCD? I've only heard from UL and RCSI, getting an interview with the former.

Thanks!

hey guys, has any GEM applicant head back from UCC or UCD? I've only heard from UL and RCSI, getting an interview with the former.

Thanks!

Yes, I’ve been accepted to UCC gem. It was a few weeks ago now.

Yay!! Finally! I knew you'd get in. Welcome to the club. :)
Thank you! Have you started to look into housing options yet? I might have to go private as I would be bringing my dog and potentially my cat as well but there doesn't seem to be many pet friendly listings as of right now..

Hi everyone! I was accepted to NUIG yesterday and was just wondering if there was a Facebook group for accepted students - was hoping we could all connect/discuss housing and living! Also, does anyone have any insight as to whether NUIG offers Canadian and/or American electives? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi everyone! I was accepted to NUIG yesterday and was just wondering if there was a Facebook group for accepted students - was hoping we could all connect/discuss housing and living! Also, does anyone have any insight as to whether NUIG offers Canadian and/or American electives? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I haven't seen anything about a facebook group but I do know that NUIG ahs summer electives in NA that you can do.

I was also accepted to NUIG's 5 year program yesterday!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats :) u mind sharing your stats because im planning to see if I wanna apply there
Country of Origin: Canada
Schools applied to: NUIG and TCD (5 year programs)
First choice: NUIG
GPA: cGPA 3.5 UofT, last 2 years sGPA: 3.87
EC: volunteering at hospitals, varsity hockey team captain, co-council on student-athlete boards, etc.
MCAT: didn't write it

EC: volunteering at hospitals, varsity hockey team captain, co-council on student-athlete boards, etc.

Im from Canada too, I have currently GPA 3.74, sGPA of 3.9.
EC: Im volunteering at a hospital, community mosque, family doctor clinic, with some past volunteering too.
MCAT: didnt write it.

I decided to apply couple days ago, which is sooo late, but I thought it was worth the shot. Hopefully i make it :)

Well @AttachHooper it looks like you've also got some great stats so don't stress about the late app! Best of luck :)

May I ask why you're choosing NUIG over TCD? Both are amazing I'm just in a similar predicament!

May I ask why you're choosing NUIG over TCD? Both are amazing I'm just in a similar predicament!
Yeah of course! I've heard excellent things about NUIG and Galway as a city itself. First of all, it is a bit more feasible. I've also just looked at some of the matching statistics over the last few years (the data available that is), and given that I would love to hopefully return to North America one day, NUIG seems like a better fit for me!

Hope this helps! :)

Accepted to NUIG two days ago. Still a little shocked!

Yeah of course! I've heard excellent things about NUIG and Galway as a city itself. First of all, it is a bit more feasible. I've also just looked at some of the matching statistics over the last few years (the data available that is), and given that I would love to hopefully return to North America one day, NUIG seems like a better fit for me!

Hope this helps! :)

What do you think about TCD being ranked higher? Not sure if it applies to medicine as well but just from research, it looks like TCD is more recognized overall?

What do you think about TCD being ranked higher? Not sure if it applies to medicine as well but just from research, it looks like TCD is more recognized overall?
Honestly I've spent the better half of these last two days trying to figure that out.. every website seems to show something different about both of the schools and their rankings. Trinity is ranked higher globally, but when it comes to medicine I can't find any sort of clear cut answers.

I'm just going off of a bunch of different reports, such as CaRMS documents etc.. But if someone who does know can clarify that would be greatly appreciated!

From a personal standpoint though, Galway seems to be a better fit for me financially and in terms of living conditions.

Where is your head at with all of this? Crazy to think how quickly we have to make such a big decision before depositing a decent amount of money.. haha

Can we start a facebook group? I think that would be really useful!

Honestly I've spent the better half of these last two days trying to figure that out.. every website seems to show something different about both of the schools and their rankings. Trinity is ranked higher globally, but when it comes to medicine I can't find any sort of clear cut answers.

I'm just going off of a bunch of different reports, such as CaRMS documents etc.. But if someone who does know can clarify that would be greatly appreciated!

From a personal standpoint though, Galway seems to be a better fit for me financially and in terms of living conditions.

Where is your head at with all of this? Crazy to think how quickly we have to make such a big decision before depositing a decent amount of money.. haha

According to 2019 QS subject ranking TCD medicine is ranked higher than NUIG but NUIG also underwent a large curriculum overhaul recently so I'm not sure if that may have affected their ranking. Up until 2019 they were basically neck and neck in comparison (found 2017 and 2018 data). Regardless as overall institutions they both rank highly in Ireland and on a global scale. My main priority has also been match data and NUIG seems to do well in both Canada and US. Hopefully that maintains over the next 5 years!

I made a facebook group for NUIG. If interested, contact me with your Facebook or email or something and we'll get this thing rolling.

Reactions: 2 users

I'm in the same boat! Coming across mixed responses, but overall people seem to love their experience at NUIG. When looking at the 2010 CaRMS report for Canadians Studying Abroad, NUIG seems to a be a bit more vague with their curriculum compared to TCD. But I didn't know about the recent overhaul that futuredoc3095 mentioned and perhaps that's led to more clear-cut approach. As a Canadian, one of the biggest factors for me is match data so definitely reassuring to hear that NUIG does well in NA.

Any advice or thoughts from current/prospective TCD/NUIG students would be highly appreciated!

I'm in the same boat! Coming across mixed responses, but overall people seem to love their experience at NUIG. When looking at the 2010 CaRMS report for Canadians Studying Abroad, NUIG seems to a be a bit more vague with their curriculum compared to TCD. But I didn't know about the recent overhaul that futuredoc3095 mentioned and perhaps that's led to more clear-cut approach. As a Canadian, one of the biggest factors for me is match data so definitely reassuring to hear that NUIG does well in NA.

Any advice or thoughts from current/prospective TCD/NUIG students would be highly appreciated!

Has anyone found accreditation info for NUIG? The US as of 2023 will require all schools to be accredited by a WFME-approved agency in order to qualify for Match day.

Has anyone found accreditation info for NUIG? The US as of 2023 will require all schools to be accredited by a WFME-approved agency in order to qualify for Match day.
Where did you find this information as it isnt listed on the NRMP website that I could find.

hi people! what's the difference between the timetable/ teaching weeks for UCC and UCD? It is 40 weeks for UCC, and much shorter for UCD (with 3 months holiday?) Due to UCC's 3 trimesters, and UCD's 2 semesters? anyone able to shed light on this? thanks heaps!

does anyone have information about RCSI Bahrain and if its worth it or not?

You have to get ECFMG certification in order to be eligible to register for NMRP. These are the new requirements for ECFMG for 2023

I believe all of the irish schools have the ECFMG accreditation and the canadian equivalent, from my understanding we would just have to individually apply for ECFMG accreditation before writing the USMLEs