Atlantic Bridge 2019 - Chances, Acceptance, Waitlist.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know when RCSI sends out their second round offers/interviews for the 5 year program?

Members don't see this ad.

I got an interview invitation for RCSI MUB today! 5 year program. Woo-hoo!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got informed that i was placed on the waiting list for RCSI Dublin. Does anyone know the odds for being accepeted and is there a ranking system of sort?

Got accepted to University of Limerick GEM!

Reactions: 5 users
Just got informed that i was placed on the waiting list for RCSI Dublin. Does anyone know the odds for being accepeted and is there a ranking system of sort?
It really depends on how many people decline their offer as far as I know. RCSI is pretty competitive, and a lot of people favor it, but at the same time, people keep it as a back up if other Universities do not send out offers. Also, RCSI is far war more expensive then others, and with their expenses taking into consideration that it is in Dublin, which is an expensive city. So there is still a chance people will withdraw or decline their offer after the second round offers of NUIG, UCC, and others will be sent out.

Hope for the best!

When’s your interview?? Mines the 27th!!

Congrats!! 27th as well! I live in the United States, but the interview is in Canada. So thankfully they allow Skype interviews. I asked Robert if doing a Skype session over an in-person interview would negatively impact my chances; he said absolutely not.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know exactly how the GPA is calculated for acceptance? I'm from Canada and we go by percent grades and I was wondering what conversion they use to calculate GPA?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know exactly how the GPA is calculated for acceptance? I'm from Canada and we go by percent grades and I was wondering what conversion they use to calculate GPA?
Which university do you go to? because it can change and sometimes the province can also be different. Check this official website ( OMSAS - Undergraduate Grading System Conversion Table | Ontario Universities' Application Centre ) that shows your GPA conversion in Ontario universities. You just have to go down and see what number is City/University, and then go back to the table to get your GPA. For example, I am #7, so I go to the Conversion table and look at column 7. Then, you need to do some calculation here, where you take each course and its grade (for example my University gives it in Alphabets, A+, A, A-, ..... you get the idea) and you need to convert each one to the OMSAS value. In the end, you should have many courses with their grades out of 4. Simple then find the average. That would be your official GPA. Sometimes there is a website that does it for you if you just by putting your grade BUT make sure it is a website for your university, rather than just finding a random GPA calculator because it can confuse you with the US scale. For instance, Uni of Toronto has this website ( Weighted Grade / GPA Calculator (U of T) - GradeCalc.info ) that you can use and it says U of T at the top. I checked it and it was accurate when I did the calculation manually. PM me if you need help :)

Last edited:
Which university do you go to? because it can change and sometimes the province can also be different
I go to University of Saskatchewan. Does Atlantic Bridge use the GPA scales for your respective universities or do they convert your grades to an Irish scale?

I go to University of Saskatchewan. Does Atlantic Bridge use the GPA scales for your respective universities or do they convert your grades to an Irish scale?
I updated the links, made a mistake there oops. I am pretty sure in your official transcript at the end, they will find a scale chart for the admission committee to follow and evaluate your grades/average. So I think they take it into the university perspective. Use this if you want, and search for your university, then add the grade and credit :)WhatsMyGPA.ca - Canadian Universities and College GPA Calculator

I updated the links, made a mistake there oops. I am pretty sure in your official transcript at the end, they will find a scale chart for the admission committee to follow and evaluate your grades/average. So I think they take it into the university perspective. Use this if you want, and search for your university, then add the grade and credit :)WhatsMyGPA.ca - Canadian Universities and College GPA Calculator
Okay thanks a lot for your help!

• Love
Hey everyone!

Thoughts on UCD vs. RCSI for the GEM program?

Place of study: Halifax, Canada
Degree: Biology
Schools applied to: almost all of them on Atlantic Bridge except RCSI Bahrain
First choice: Trinity
GPA: cGPA 3.6
EC: working at the hospital for the past year, president of a mental health society, varsity athlete, and more
MCAT: 500

Interview invite: GEM Limerick
Accepted: I accepted Trinity on April 10

• Love
Place of study: Halifax, Canada
Degree: Biology
Schools applied to: almost all of them on Atlantic Bridge except RCSI Bahrain
First choice: Trinity
GPA: cGPA 3.6
EC: working at the hospital for the past year, president of a mental health society, varsity athlete, and more
MCAT: 500

Interview invite: GEM Limerick
Accepted: I accepted Trinity on April 10
Congrats on the offers!

Just got rejected from RCSI Bahrain. GPA was only 3.2 so not really surprising. Still waiting for Cork and Galway!

Just got rejected from RCSI Bahrain. GPA was only 3.2 so not really surprising. Still waiting for Cork and Galway!
Dont worry about it, im on the same boat, still waiting on Cork and Galway.
Only a week left for those offers to be sent out, so scared

Reactions: 1 users
Dont worry about it, im on the same boat, still waiting on Cork and Galway.
Only a week left for those offers to be sent out, so scared
I know, I've been waiting since December, every day that goes by is more nerve wracking. Hopefully we both get some good news back soon!

• Love
Had my RCSI (GEP) interview today. Does anyone know what the odds are post-interview? I.e. how many are interviewed for how many spots?

I know, I've been waiting since December, every day that goes by is more nerve wracking. Hopefully we both get some good news back soon!

I may actually go insane waiting until April 24th. Not to mention refreshing my email box every few minutes starting that day...

I may actually go insane waiting until April 24th. Not to mention refreshing my email box every few minutes starting that day...
Is April 24 when NUIG second round offers come out?

Is April 24 when NUIG second round offers come out?

Word on the street is that’s the deadline for responses for first round offers. So that is apparently the day that second round offers start trickling in.

Word on the street is that’s the deadline for responses for first round offers. So that is apparently the day that second round offers start trickling in.
Well hopefully we all get good news that day!

It could also take a few days after that for the offers to come out. My first round offer came 2 days after first rounds were supposedly closed (right after I emailed and asked and AB said I didn't get a first round offer lol).

It could also take a few days after that for the offers to come out. My first round offer came 2 days after first rounds were supposedly closed (right after I emailed and asked and AB said I didn't get a first round offer lol).
Yeah if first rounds end the 24th that's a Wednesday, so it would be nice to hear something before the weekend!

I assume its either 24th or 25th of April cuz that's what everyone got in 2018 entry in second round offers from NUIG. I emailed Robert regarding UCC second-round offers, and he said they might send it beginning of May. What's killing me is that I have a final exam on the 24th and I won't be able to focus :(

I assume its either 24th or 25th of April cuz that's what everyone got in 2018 entry in second round offers from NUIG. I emailed Robert regarding UCC second-round offers, and he said they might send it beginning of May. What's killing me is that I have a final exam on the 24th and I won't be able to focus :(
Just worry about the exam for now, the offer will come when it does and the exam is more important short term!

Reactions: 1 users
Silly question, does anyone know when is the white coat ceremony for NUIG ?

Silly question, does anyone know when is the white coat ceremony for NUIG ?
Nope, nothing in the paperwork I have been sent mentions the white coat ceremony.

Oh I know! Hence the having to refresh my email inbox every 30 seconds starting that date!!

Hey!

Does anyone know if UCC has a whitecoat ceremony? I read somewhere a while back that white coat ceremonies aren't very common in Ireland, not sure if that's true though.

Hey!

Does anyone know if UCC has a white coat ceremony? I read somewhere a while back that white coat ceremonies aren't very common in Ireland, not sure if that's true though.
yes, they do, I think its 3rd-year winter. As far as I know, UCC has it and UCD has it, RCSI definitely has it. Galway.... prob not, I have been looking around but nothing yet. But if you get one, I'm assuming you will get it as soon as you have some clinical rotation or contacting patients early (which is the case for Galway in first-year students)

Does anyone happen to know if RCSI -Bahrain will accept private loans sourced from USA? I know they don’t accept US Federal loans, but I’m unsure about private loans from US.

Got accepted to RCSI GEP Medicine a couple days ago! I was wondering if there are any students currently enrolled in the program I can speak with?

I'm on the same boat as bestievahad....got accepted to RCSI GEP today, and would love for some current or former students to offer some insight! :)

Hi All, can anyone provide me with Robert's email please? AB won't reply over the weekend if I email them!
You can PM me.

Last edited:
Does anyone happen to know if RCSI -Bahrain will accept private loans sourced from USA? I know they don’t accept US Federal loans, but I’m unsure about private loans from US.
Why wouldn't they? It sounds like a normal thing to do! but I don't know for sure, just speculating! I think you should email university directly on that.

Hi All, can anyone provide me with Robert's email please? AB won't reply over the weekend if I email them!
You can PM me.
Well, first I dont think Robert replies over the weekend (maybe im wrong) second, you should contact your admission officer. You will have his email address in one of the emails you received regarding your application. If it is not Robert, then email whoever it was. Other than that, I don't think I can just give it away, and even if I did, he might not reply if he is not your admission officer.

Well, first I dont think Robert replies over the weekend (maybe im wrong) second, you should contact your admission officer. You will have his email address in one of the emails you received regarding your application. If it is not Robert, then email whoever it was. Other than that, I don't think I can just give it away, and even if I did, he might not reply if he is not your admission officer.
Thank you F18! No worries, I have already received the email address I need!

I was told they don't.

Just got an offer for the five year programme from RCSI Bahrain!

Reactions: 2 users
im legit so scared to check the forum cuz they might have sent out offers and I didnt get one. Anyone with me on that feeling :(

Reactions: 3 users