Atlantic Bridge 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did everyone who interviewed for UL get emails last night regarding the applicant portal? Among other things it said "Thank you for submitting an application for the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery to the University of Limerick." Does it seem odd to anyone that we'd just get this message now after having submitted applications to Atlantic Bridge so long ago? I'm not sure how to interpret these emails...
The admissions officer said this is a normal part of the post interview process and no action is required on our part for now.

Members don't see this ad.

Got an offer for UL this morning! Anyone else? Is there an accepted group chat? :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! :) Did you get an email from AB or from TCD?
No email.

NOTE: I DID NOT RECEIVE AN EMAIL ROM ATLANTIC BRIDGE NOR TRINITY (YET)

So what I did is around 3 months ago, I made an account on the application site of trinity college Dublin and basically “pretended” to apply to a program (that was not medicine). I wanted to do this because if you look at last year, students got accepted straight from trinity rather than Atlantic Bridge. They got an email saying that their portal had been updated. I DID NOT get this email. Since I applied to a program- I have made a file for myself. I also used the SAME EMAIL AND PASSWORD as ATLANTIC BRIDGE PORTAL. However, accepted students could access their portals by this link: Log in to the portal
Where they clicked “forget my password” and used the same email as the Atlantic bridge portal to access their account. Once you press to reset your account, an email will be sent to you on your application credentials to allow you to log in. So there are two ways you can do this:

1. either make an account by applying to a program (not actually using/paying the fee) to have a file on your application portal.

2. Press forgets my password, enter the username (email/username) that you used for Atlantic bridge and then ur the last name, and if you are accepted, they will email you your credentials.

I hope this helps!!!

Just received an acceptance to UL!

Hey everyone, got accepted to UL and rejected from RCSI today! Still no word from Cork or TCD

Does anyone know how many north american students are accepted to Trinity because it says that their class size is 115?

Members don't see this ad :)
Received a TCD acceptance on April 12th! Message me if you have too if you’d like to keep in touch :)

Hello everyone!
I'm a Canadian GEM applicant and I was just wondering if there's anyone here who applied around march for this cycle to UCC and UL?
always good to know someone is in the same boat as you!

Has anyone received a rejection but hasn't submitted their MCAT scores yet? just got one from UCC

Any accepted students to RCSI know if there is a facebook group or something similar?

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone gotten acceptances from the waitlists or from the second rounds of offers?

Hey I made a group chat for those who are going to TCD in fall for medicine (North Americans).

Hello everyone!
I'm a Canadian GEM applicant and I was just wondering if there's anyone here who applied around march for this cycle to UCC and UL?
always good to know someone is in the same boat as you!
Hey MDhustler, I'm in the same boat! I didn't find out about Atlantic Bridge's application cycle until early April and shot out a late application ~April 11th. I haven't heard back anything, but imagine I would hear back after others accept Canadian medical school offers come mid-May and people are further accepted from waitlisted US-MD throughout the summer.

Hey MDhustler, I'm in the same boat! I didn't find out about Atlantic Bridge's application cycle until early April and shot out a late application ~April 11th. I haven't heard back anything, but imagine I would hear back after others accept Canadian medical school offers come mid-May and people are further accepted from waitlisted US-MD throughout the summer.
That's good to know! The wait is extremely hard especially as our chances are thinner with late applications but trying to keep high hopes still :). Good luck hope you hear soon!

My AO has informed me that NUIG has released their second round of offers and TCD is full. Would be absolutely wicked if they would send us SOME KIND of communication throughout this process so we didn’t have to keep emailing. Oh well, won’t be applying through AB again

That's good to know! The wait is extremely hard especially as our chances are thinner with late applications but trying to keep high hopes still :). Good luck hope you hear soon!
Absolutely! Here's to hoping good news comes our way soon 🍻

My AO has informed me that NUIG has released their second round of offers and TCD is full. Would be absolutely wicked if they would send us SOME KIND of communication throughout this process so we didn’t have to keep emailing. Oh well, won’t be applying through AB again
May I ask who your admissions officer is?

Has anyone heard anything about UCC second round of offers for 5-year program?

UCC usually send their offers Mid May or June

Hello everyone, I unfortunately didn't make it to UL and wasn't offered a place.
I was wondering if they say the same thing to everyone rejected or if it varies?
mine said "Due to the highly competitive shortlisted group who presented this year and the limited number of places available, many well-qualified candidates must necessarily be disappointed."
I'm not sure if I should interpret this as my application was decent but didn't make it from the shortlist and if I should find any hope in this at all for when I apply next cycle?

Hello everyone, I unfortunately didn't make it to UL and wasn't offered a place.
I was wondering if they say the same thing to everyone rejected or if it varies?
mine said "Due to the highly competitive shortlisted group who presented this year and the limited number of places available, many well-qualified candidates must necessarily be disappointed."
I'm not sure if I should interpret this as my application was decent but didn't make it from the shortlist and if I should find any hope in this at all for when I apply next cycle?
Hey, I recently received a rejection too and had the same wording. I think it is general, but fro what I remember we both applied late so it's important to keep that in mind. Likely means they had 1-2 spots available with strict competition or already filled the class before reviewing our files :'( stay strong and apply early next year with me if you're set on Med!

Hey, I recently received a rejection too and had the same wording. I think it is general, but fro what I remember we both applied late so it's important to keep that in mind. Likely means they had 1-2 spots available with strict competition or already filled the class before reviewing our files :'( stay strong and apply early next year with me if you're set on Med!
I'm sorry to hear that :(, I'm sure an acceptance letter will be coming your way soon!
Definitely set on Med! keep your hopes up and maybe we will land something together next year with early applications this time :)

Hi everyone, I applied to AB last cycle and ended up getting the R. This thread will inevitably include discussions of other international options for North Americans in a similar situation, and I wanted to let you know about the school I ended up being accepted to in the UK. Unlike other UK med schools, it’s only 4.5 years, has no cap on the amount of international students, and does not require the UCAT. Start date is Jan 2023, so it’s a good option for those who end up getting the R late in this cycle for NA/Irish schools.

Hey guys,
It's that time of year, so I'm bringing this post back for anyone who may be looking for alternative options. I am in my first year- happy to answer any questions you may have. If you are interested, I recommend applying ASAP - last year they filled the class early. Good luck!

Anyone know if there's any way to see your status with UCC other than waiting for an email from AB?

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know when cork, ucd, or rcsi officially sends out rejections? Are they typically late in the summer, like August?

Last edited:
Anyone know when cork, ucd, or rcsi officially sends out rejections? Are they typically late in the summer, like August?
I think most are sent out by late June/July

Hey everyone, my partner and I are starting graduate entry medicine in September at UCD and are looking for flatmates to live off-campus with. If anyone is interested in being flatmates please let me know here or DM me.

Just an update for those still looking out for possibly acceptances later in the cycle. I got an R from RCSI today. Perhaps they sent out a few acceptances too?

How do you guys afford the international schools? Its about like 400k for a 5 year program right? Do most people have parents who pay for them?

does anyone know where I can find someone or an agency to help take a look at my CV and personal statement for Irish medical schools to make sure it is suitable ?

How do you guys afford the international schools? Its about like 400k for a 5 year program right? Do most people have parents who pay for them?
most people take loans that's what I heard .

Hello everyone :).
Anyone heard anything from UCC lately?
I know it's close to impossible to get an acceptance at this point but has anyone had experience getting an acceptance this late?

Hi, I was accepted to NUIG March 14th, and I am an international student from Canada. I hope that helps!
Im in at NUIG for the fall 5 year program. Can you help in how to find off campus housing? or know someone who can? My brother applied as well who is a college sophomore, but even with a 4.0 GPA and 1470 SAT hasn't heard a thing, and honestly, he has better scores than I do! Not that mine are bad,,,
\