Atlantic Bridge Dentistry Applicants 2015 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anybody heard anything ethier way??? Rejection? Acceptance? Has anyone contacted ABP recently??

Members don't see this ad.

I emailed ABP about a day ago and they told me that I'm on the Reserve list, and that they don't know when the second rounds of offers will be sent out.

I emailed ABP about a day ago and they told me that I'm on the Reserve list, and that they don't know when the second rounds of offers will be sent out.
Thanks Dr D. According to previous threads they have already sent out second rounds. I guess you have to take new information with a grain of salt. Thanks for your response. This is crazy! Best of luck. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody speak to AB?????? It's mighty quiet in here!!

The next deposit for Trinity is due August 1st so anyone who isn't going probably won't be paying it as it is a larger amount of money ( so hopefully for you guys there will be some spots opening up then).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an offer today from UCC for their 5-year program. going to decline it soon.

I just got an offer today from UCC for their 5-year program. going to decline it soon.
Oh my god! Congrats to you that's wonderful news that you're getting these offers! Good for you!!! :)

Does anyone know the start up dates for the dental programs at Cork and Trinity??? I can't find that information anywhere.

For UCC Classes start on Monday 7th september and orientation and registration will take place on the 3rd and 4th.

For UCC Classes start on Monday 7th september and orientation and registration will take place on the 3rd and 4th.
Thank you for your reply hopeful!!!!!! I greatly appreciate it!! :)

Got a rejection letter from TCD today. The date on the letter was July 15th though.

how come I don't hear anything back from them

Got a rejection letter from TCD today. The date on the letter was July 15th though.
Awwwe that's okay hopeful! You will be in dental school in just a few weeks!!!!! LUCKY YOU!!!!! :) Did you get these acceptance and rejection letters via email and from Atlantic Bridge?? Just was curious. :). Thank u for keeping us posted; it provides us with some sanity during this whole process. :)

how come I don't hear anything back from them
I'm in the same boat. But soon enough; its on the horizon! So glad that "hopeful" is keeping us posted!!!!!!!

I got a rejection letter from TCD as well today. It was also dated July 15

I got a rejection letter from TCD as well today. It was also dated July 15
:-( sorry to hear that. I imagine mine will be arriving soon, who knows. Oh well, we will just keep applying guys. That's all.

Well, just got my rejection. Also dated for July 15. Will be hoping for Cork. :(

Well guys, there's still
Got a rejection letter from Trinty today.[/QUOTE.
Well guys, hang in there. There is still Cork. Stay POSITIVE. It's hard to, I know, but look at it this way; we will get in at some point at which point remains the unanswered question.

Hey all!

I can see there is a bit of disappointment today with the rejections coming in from Trinity, but if you guys keep your head up (which Temol, and dental_hopeful is doing), you will eventually end up in dental school. I applied to the UK and Ireland and I was able to get an interview at King's College London (however rejected after), interview with Queen's Belfast (accepted, I will be heading there), rejected at Trinity, and have yet to hear from Cork! I suggest you guys look into the UK ( you may have to write the UKCAT test) and USA, because with dentistry there is no residency (not like medicine), so it is fairly easy to go back to Canada, even without the accreditation (and plus, there is accredited with USA schools)! Honestly, guys, it is not the end of the world. Get into dentistry is difficult, but with your eagerness to get in, you guys should get in, in 1 or 2 years (just open up your options).

Hey all!

I can see there is a bit of disappointment today with the rejections coming in from Trinity, but if you guys keep your head up (which Temol, and dental_hopeful is doing), you will eventually end up in dental school. I applied to the UK and Ireland and I was able to get an interview at King's College London (however rejected after), interview with Queen's Belfast (accepted, I will be heading there), rejected at Trinity, and have yet to hear from Cork! I suggest you guys look into the UK ( you may have to write the UKCAT test) and USA, because with dentistry there is no residency (not like medicine), so it is fairly easy to go back to Canada, even without the accreditation (and plus, there is accredited with USA schools)! Honestly, guys, it is not the end of the world. Get into dentistry is difficult, but with your eagerness to get in, you guys should get in, in 1 or 2 years (just open up your options).
WELL SAID!!! :) " Hopeful" did get into dental school. Here in Canada! :)

Hey all!

WELL SAID!!! :) " Hopeful" did get into dental school. Here in Canada! :)

you guys got like a mail from Trinity?? not email for rejections?

Where are you guys from? you guys applied with a degree?

yeah a letter in the mail, no email. Im from Canada and applied with a Bachelors degree in Medical Sciences

Anybody know what the GPA's and DAT scores of students who have been admitted into these schools has historically been?

I still have yet to hear from Trinity. Strange!

Also to anyone interested, I just started a new thread about the Australian Applications for Feb 2016 entry through Oztrekk. I'm not trying to rekindle the madness that this forum saw on our darker days (although now when I read it I can't help but chuckle about the madness we were all going through), but it would be lovely to have Australian Application discussions with someone.

@qwe12- I'm also Canadian and applying with a BSc. Pharm degree.

you guys got like a mail from Trinity?? not email for rejections?

Where are you guys from? you guys applied with a degree?

I'm from Canada, applied with a Bachelors and a Masters degree got rejection from trinity via postal mail.

I still have yet to hear from Trinity. Strange!

Also to anyone interested, I just started a new thread about the Australian Applications for Feb 2016 entry through Oztrekk. I'm not trying to rekindle the madness that this forum saw on our darker days (although now when I read it I can't help but chuckle about the madness we were all going through), but it would be lovely to have Australian Application discussions with someone.

@qwe12- I'm also Canadian and applying with a BSc. Pharm degree.[/Q
I'm from Canada, applied with a Bachelors and a Masters degree got rejection from trinity via postal mail.
Are you still waiting for Corks response?

Still waiting, but not getting my hopes up lol, dentistry is far too competitive to count on it as your only option. For those of you still waiting on Ireland, I would seriously consider Australia, the number of international students is much higher (similar to what med is in Ireland right now). *Not trying to be negative just realistic, Good luck to everyone but would recommend you set up backups

Still waiting, but not getting my hopes up lol, dentistry is far too competitive to count on it as your only option. For those of you still waiting on Ireland, I would seriously consider Australia, the number of international students is much higher (similar to what med is in Ireland right now). *Not trying to be negative just realistic, Good luck to everyone but would recommend you set up backups
OF Course! I have several Plans in place as a career if Dentistry falls through

Plan A: Dentist----
Contingency Plans:
B) Wandering Gypsy
C) Ear Soap Sales Person
D) Self-proclaimed Wizardologist
E) Pokemon Master
F) Professional Muskox Whisperer

I was also considering setting up a roadside stand where I'd make specialty sweaters out of tennis ball fuzz if anyone is interested in a *cough*fictitiously*cough* lucrative business opportunity. Follow your passions right?

I wouldn't say 'waiting' perse. I haven't heard from them, but I'm not waiting on them. I have other plans in place in order to make my application more competitive for next years application cycle for every school I can. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again! :)