-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Atlantic Bridge Dentistry Applicants 2015 cycle
Started by EastCoastHopefull
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I emailed ABP about a day ago and they told me that I'm on the Reserve list, and that they don't know when the second rounds of offers will be sent out.
Thanks Dr D. According to previous threads they have already sent out second rounds. I guess you have to take new information with a grain of salt. Thanks for your response. This is crazy! Best of luck. 🙂I emailed ABP about a day ago and they told me that I'm on the Reserve list, and that they don't know when the second rounds of offers will be sent out.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wait, second round offers have been sent out already?
Well that's according to ashy and her conversation with Robert. Scroll up. Lol.wait, second round offers have been sent out already?
Last edited:
Page 12 near the endWell according to ashy and her conversation with Robert. Scroll up. Lol.
Last edited:
Anybody speak to AB?????? It's mighty quiet in here!!!!
Temol say something positive!
Did I say something negative?Temol say something positive!
I just got an offer today from UCC for their 5-year program. going to decline it soon.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh my god! Congrats to you that's wonderful news that you're getting these offers! Good for you!!! 🙂I just got an offer today from UCC for their 5-year program. going to decline it soon.
hope you will get your offer very soon. 🙂
Thank you! Me too!! Best of luck to you!! 🙂hope you will get your offer very soon. 🙂
On the contrary! sending positive vibes to all.Did I say something negative?
congrats!I just got an offer today from UCC for their 5-year program. going to decline it soon.
Best of luck to you too!!!!!!! 🙂On the contrary! sending positive vibes to all.
For UCC Classes start on Monday 7th september and orientation and registration will take place on the 3rd and 4th.
Thank you for your reply hopeful!!!!!! I greatly appreciate it!! 🙂For UCC Classes start on Monday 7th september and orientation and registration will take place on the 3rd and 4th.
Got a rejection letter from TCD today. The date on the letter was July 15th though.
Awwwe that's okay hopeful! You will be in dental school in just a few weeks!!!!! LUCKY YOU!!!!! 🙂 Did you get these acceptance and rejection letters via email and from Atlantic Bridge?? Just was curious. 🙂. Thank u for keeping us posted; it provides us with some sanity during this whole process. 🙂Got a rejection letter from TCD today. The date on the letter was July 15th though.
I'm in the same boat. But soon enough; its on the horizon! So glad that "hopeful" is keeping us posted!!!!!!!how come I don't hear anything back from them
I got the rejection letter in the mail and acceptance letter via email.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
:-( sorry to hear that. I imagine mine will be arriving soon, who knows. Oh well, we will just keep applying guys. That's all.I got a rejection letter from TCD as well today. It was also dated July 15
:-( sorry to hear that. I imagine mine will be arriving soon, who knows. Oh well, we will just keep applying guys. That's all.
Got a rejection letter from Trinty today.
Well guys, there's still
Got a rejection letter from Trinty today.[/QUOTE.
Well guys, hang in there. There is still Cork. Stay POSITIVE. It's hard to, I know, but look at it this way; we will get in at some point at which point remains the unanswered question.
Okay
something really screwy is happening with these posts! Weird.Well guys, there's still
Hey all!
I can see there is a bit of disappointment today with the rejections coming in from Trinity, but if you guys keep your head up (which Temol, and dental_hopeful is doing), you will eventually end up in dental school. I applied to the UK and Ireland and I was able to get an interview at King's College London (however rejected after), interview with Queen's Belfast (accepted, I will be heading there), rejected at Trinity, and have yet to hear from Cork! I suggest you guys look into the UK ( you may have to write the UKCAT test) and USA, because with dentistry there is no residency (not like medicine), so it is fairly easy to go back to Canada, even without the accreditation (and plus, there is accredited with USA schools)! Honestly, guys, it is not the end of the world. Get into dentistry is difficult, but with your eagerness to get in, you guys should get in, in 1 or 2 years (just open up your options).
I can see there is a bit of disappointment today with the rejections coming in from Trinity, but if you guys keep your head up (which Temol, and dental_hopeful is doing), you will eventually end up in dental school. I applied to the UK and Ireland and I was able to get an interview at King's College London (however rejected after), interview with Queen's Belfast (accepted, I will be heading there), rejected at Trinity, and have yet to hear from Cork! I suggest you guys look into the UK ( you may have to write the UKCAT test) and USA, because with dentistry there is no residency (not like medicine), so it is fairly easy to go back to Canada, even without the accreditation (and plus, there is accredited with USA schools)! Honestly, guys, it is not the end of the world. Get into dentistry is difficult, but with your eagerness to get in, you guys should get in, in 1 or 2 years (just open up your options).
WELL SAID!!! 🙂 " Hopeful" did get into dental school. Here in Canada! 🙂Hey all!
I can see there is a bit of disappointment today with the rejections coming in from Trinity, but if you guys keep your head up (which Temol, and dental_hopeful is doing), you will eventually end up in dental school. I applied to the UK and Ireland and I was able to get an interview at King's College London (however rejected after), interview with Queen's Belfast (accepted, I will be heading there), rejected at Trinity, and have yet to hear from Cork! I suggest you guys look into the UK ( you may have to write the UKCAT test) and USA, because with dentistry there is no residency (not like medicine), so it is fairly easy to go back to Canada, even without the accreditation (and plus, there is accredited with USA schools)! Honestly, guys, it is not the end of the world. Get into dentistry is difficult, but with your eagerness to get in, you guys should get in, in 1 or 2 years (just open up your options).
WELL SAID!!! 🙂 " Hopeful" did get into dental school. Here in Canada! 🙂Hey all!
I can see there is a bit of disappointment today with the rejections coming in from Trinity, but if you guys keep your head up (which Temol, and dental_hopeful is doing), you will eventually end up in dental school. I applied to the UK and Ireland and I was able to get an interview at King's College London (however rejected after), interview with Queen's Belfast (accepted, I will be heading there), rejected at Trinity, and have yet to hear from Cork! I suggest you guys look into the UK ( you may have to write the UKCAT test) and USA, because with dentistry there is no residency (not like medicine), so it is fairly easy to go back to Canada, even without the accreditation (and plus, there is accredited with USA schools)! Honestly, guys, it is not the end of the world. Get into dentistry is difficult, but with your eagerness to get in, you guys should get in, in 1 or 2 years (just open up your options).
After today's short worded letter from Trinity I too am jumping on the cork bandwagon!!!! AROO!!Everyone still waiting on Cork???
yeah a letter in the mail, no email. Im from Canada and applied with a Bachelors degree in Medical Sciences
Anybody know what the GPA's and DAT scores of students who have been admitted into these schools has historically been?
I still have yet to hear from Trinity. Strange!
Also to anyone interested, I just started a new thread about the Australian Applications for Feb 2016 entry through Oztrekk. I'm not trying to rekindle the madness that this forum saw on our darker days (although now when I read it I can't help but chuckle about the madness we were all going through), but it would be lovely to have Australian Application discussions with someone.
@qwe12- I'm also Canadian and applying with a BSc. Pharm degree.
Also to anyone interested, I just started a new thread about the Australian Applications for Feb 2016 entry through Oztrekk. I'm not trying to rekindle the madness that this forum saw on our darker days (although now when I read it I can't help but chuckle about the madness we were all going through), but it would be lovely to have Australian Application discussions with someone.
@qwe12- I'm also Canadian and applying with a BSc. Pharm degree.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
you guys got like a mail from Trinity?? not email for rejections?
Where are you guys from? you guys applied with a degree?
I'm from Canada, applied with a Bachelors and a Masters degree got rejection from trinity via postal mail.
I still have yet to hear from Trinity. Strange!
Also to anyone interested, I just started a new thread about the Australian Applications for Feb 2016 entry through Oztrekk. I'm not trying to rekindle the madness that this forum saw on our darker days (although now when I read it I can't help but chuckle about the madness we were all going through), but it would be lovely to have Australian Application discussions with someone.
@qwe12- I'm also Canadian and applying with a BSc. Pharm degree.[/Q
Are you still waiting for Corks response?I'm from Canada, applied with a Bachelors and a Masters degree got rejection from trinity via postal mail.
Are you still waiting for Corks response?
Still waiting, but not getting my hopes up lol, dentistry is far too competitive to count on it as your only option. For those of you still waiting on Ireland, I would seriously consider Australia, the number of international students is much higher (similar to what med is in Ireland right now). *Not trying to be negative just realistic, Good luck to everyone but would recommend you set up backups
OF Course! I have several Plans in place as a career if Dentistry falls throughStill waiting, but not getting my hopes up lol, dentistry is far too competitive to count on it as your only option. For those of you still waiting on Ireland, I would seriously consider Australia, the number of international students is much higher (similar to what med is in Ireland right now). *Not trying to be negative just realistic, Good luck to everyone but would recommend you set up backups
Plan A: Dentist----
Contingency Plans:
B) Wandering Gypsy
C) Ear Soap Sales Person
D) Self-proclaimed Wizardologist
E) Pokemon Master
F) Professional Muskox Whisperer
I was also considering setting up a roadside stand where I'd make specialty sweaters out of tennis ball fuzz if anyone is interested in a *cough*fictitiously*cough* lucrative business opportunity. Follow your passions right?
I wouldn't say 'waiting' perse. I haven't heard from them, but I'm not waiting on them. I have other plans in place in order to make my application more competitive for next years application cycle for every school I can. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again! 🙂Are you still waiting for Corks response?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 5K