You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Atlantic Bridge Dentistry Applicants 2015 cycle
Started by EastCoastHopefull
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
There is no way that it's been over yet. If you look at the threads from past years you can clearly see people getting their offer in June,July and August.
Exactly!!! Also, students are getting acceptances here in Canada now, so once they do, they will most likely decline Ireland. There is constantly going to be turn over till day one! No one has a crystal ball. To predict that they have filled the seats at this stage of the game is just that a prediction, not factual. It's not over until your holding that rejection letter. Then you can spend your hard earned dollars you saved for Ireland, on therapy.There is no way that it's been over yet. If you look at the threads from past years you can clearly see people getting their offer in June,July and August.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah i dont know why you have to be negative, people still have faith, dont have to discourage others!
im not being negative... theres only 10 spots tops at each one... theres already been like 5 people here that accepted UCD, I know one not on this forum, sure there is a couple more out there not on SDN. That makes 9-10 people at least. Sure 1/2 will drop it and your left with like 7. Thats 3 spots if they accept 10 people. Im not being negative at all, just putting things in perspective. Trust me I check my email every morning too. Good luck all
I was thinking it is 15 spots at each school, coz on the AB site it says usually 30 North American students get accepted each year.
it's probably 5-10 spots per school. Good news, my friend in the TCD group said someone is rejecting her TCD offer and going to another school, so that will open up one spot for someone.maybe your right, but people forget theres that 3rd school
Hey! Yes I have to give up my spot at Trinity. So maybe one of you will take it! Good luck 🙂
And for all the applicants, never give up, even if you don't get into any dental schools this year, keep trying, expand on your choices, look into other countries, I'm sure with your passion and hard work you will earn what you love eventually!!
And for all the applicants, never give up, even if you don't get into any dental schools this year, keep trying, expand on your choices, look into other countries, I'm sure with your passion and hard work you will earn what you love eventually!!
The wait is finally over for me. Got accepted to western off the wait list this afternoon. such a surreal feeling. I can't believe I finally got into a dental school after 2 years applying. Never give up guys 🙂
This sort of thing will happen right up till day one of school. So everyone needs to relax some.it's probably 5-10 spots per school. Good news, my friend in the TCD group said someone is rejecting her TCD offer and going to another school, so that will open up one spot for someone.
I am incredibly happy for you. Best of luck!!!!!!!The wait is finally over for me. Got accepted to western off the wait list this afternoon. such a surreal feeling. I can't believe I finally got into a dental school after 2 years applying. Never give up guys 🙂
This kind of turnover will continously happen till day one of school! We all have great chances of get in!!! 🙂Chalk that up as 1 person dropping their seat and 1 less person on the waitlist. Still think all hope is lost Shamrock and Skyguy? Stop being a bunch of negative nellies. 😎
Stop being unrealistic Aqua 94. I already said that 1 or 2 others may get in yet. However, there are more than 330 other applicants waiting for those precious spots. All I am saying is that this is not the same as last year's cycle. I was told that 10 times more people applied this year. You do the math> And good luck to those lucky remaining few!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,
I am new to this thread but wanted to post to keep the hope and positive vibes alive!
I too had received a TCD offer back in April but refused the offer in favour of a canadian medical school acceptance.
Best of luck to all! Persevere and stay positive, it will be worth it in the end 🙂
I am new to this thread but wanted to post to keep the hope and positive vibes alive!
I too had received a TCD offer back in April but refused the offer in favour of a canadian medical school acceptance.
Best of luck to all! Persevere and stay positive, it will be worth it in the end 🙂
Yes, it is getting a little hairy in here. Just stay positive guys. I know everyone is getting fed up with this ridiculous wait but we have no choice. Let's keep the positive vibes floating around; it keeps us in a much happier state! 😉Hi guys,
I am new to this thread but wanted to post to keep the hope and positive vibes alive!
I too had received a TCD offer back in April but refused the offer in favour of a canadian medical school acceptance.
Best of luck to all! Persevere and stay positive, it will be worth it in the end 🙂
If you have lost hope then stop spreading it around here. Stop being bitter and if you have nothing positive left to say then I am sure everyone would appreciate if you would stop posting your negative comments.Stop being unrealistic Aqua 94. I already said that 1 or 2 others may get in yet. However, there are more than 330 other applicants waiting for those precious spots. All I am saying is that this is not the same as last year's cycle. I was told that 10 times more people applied this year. You do the math> And good luck to those lucky remaining few!
Canadian schools are just getting their acceptances now. It's going to change quite abit, I gather.so that is a minimum of 2 seats at TCD now, 1 less person on the waitlist and UCC remains a wildcard with only 1 confirmed person attending.
Hey Aqua94 I am not bitter. I had some inside info from AB that I shared with the group. I was the 2nd member of of this group. And I certainly don't take any orders from you! This is a forum about information related to entry into Irish Dental Schools. Feel free to relate any useful info you might have. I would certainly listen to you.
Hey guys,
I also accepted my offer for TCD and will be attending this fall! I hope you guys started planning your finances. If any of you are looking into professional LOCs, you should talk to my financial advisor. He recently helped me get approved for a 275K professional line of credit from CIBC. I've dealt with other financial advisors in the past and the most important advice I can give you is to deal with someone who knows what they are doing. Unfortunately many don't because they rarely deal with professional student LOCs and it will reduce your chances of getting approved. My advisor was very knowledgeable. He was always on top of things and maintained constant communication with me throughout the application process. He was always prompt with his responses anytime I had a question. Everyone's financial situation is going to be different but he will work with you to get the best possible LOC and rates. I highly recommend his services as he made the entire process hassle free.
His name is Nalin.
Here's his contact info: 416-757-6780 ext 345
I also accepted my offer for TCD and will be attending this fall! I hope you guys started planning your finances. If any of you are looking into professional LOCs, you should talk to my financial advisor. He recently helped me get approved for a 275K professional line of credit from CIBC. I've dealt with other financial advisors in the past and the most important advice I can give you is to deal with someone who knows what they are doing. Unfortunately many don't because they rarely deal with professional student LOCs and it will reduce your chances of getting approved. My advisor was very knowledgeable. He was always on top of things and maintained constant communication with me throughout the application process. He was always prompt with his responses anytime I had a question. Everyone's financial situation is going to be different but he will work with you to get the best possible LOC and rates. I highly recommend his services as he made the entire process hassle free.
His name is Nalin.
Here's his contact info: 416-757-6780 ext 345
They put the tuition up to 33,000 euros this year so that comes out to around 45k Canadian dollars a year. Over 5 years that is 225k, what other ways are you all paying for this? Are there any government loans available to take out with the Line of Credit from CIBC? 225k for tuition alone leaves only 50k in living expenses and any other expenses over 5 years which is pretty tight so what other resources are available?
Just curious as to when you got your acceptance? Quite a few of us here are in limbo; still waiting. Your best bet is to find UCC dental Facebook page.Just wanted to introduce myself.
I will also be attending UCC in September for the 4 year dental program.
Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!
Feel free to PM if you will also be attending UCC.
🙂
I got an early acceptance actually... Back in october.Just curious as to when you got your acceptance? Quite a few of us here are in limbo; still waiting. Your best bet is to find UCC dental Facebook page.
My stats were a 3.65 undergrad gpa. 4.0 gpa in my masters.
Excellent! Congrats on your acceptance!I got an early acceptance actually... Back in october.
My stats were a 3.65 undergrad gpa. 4.0 gpa in my masters.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just out of curiousity, why do people want to go here? Don't you need to do a lot of extra stuff if you want to practice back in U.S. or wherever you are from?
Ireland and Canada have an agreement that Canadians can return and work in Canada after we have done the program so essentially it is the same for us as studying in Canada. I decided to go to Trinity because they are a well known school, have small class sizes, a supportive environment, and it is less expensive than the States.
In regards to the above post about finance if you work a summer job (6000.00 x 5= 30,000) , are able to get government loans (estimating for Ontario 11,000 x 5= 55,000), and a line of credit (275,000) you'll have 360, 000 which will be more than enough money to finance your education.
In regards to the above post about finance if you work a summer job (6000.00 x 5= 30,000) , are able to get government loans (estimating for Ontario 11,000 x 5= 55,000), and a line of credit (275,000) you'll have 360, 000 which will be more than enough money to finance your education.
we'll see 🙂. I haven't heard anything yet. But if not this year. Keep on going, keep applying. If you really want it you'll get there! That's my plan. I've wanted to dentistry my whole life; pharmacy was something that was never my choice in the first place.... I now realize it's never ever too late to claim what you want. Keep your chins up guys, congratulate those who were accepted this year, and keep reaching for what you want!
That said... you may still hear by the end of the summer that you've been accepted 🙂... Don't feel discouraged 🙂
That said... you may still hear by the end of the summer that you've been accepted 🙂... Don't feel discouraged 🙂
How is everyone else feeling? Still optimistic?we'll see 🙂. I haven't heard anything yet. But if not this year. Keep on going, keep applying. If you really want it you'll get there! That's my plan. I've wanted to dentistry my whole life; pharmacy was something that was never my choice in the first place.... I now realize it's never ever too late to claim what you want. Keep your chins up guys, congratulate those who were accepted this year, and keep reaching for what you want!
That said... you may still hear by the end of the summer that you've been accepted 🙂... Don't feel discouraged 🙂
I have been told offers are close to being made at the end of this month, anyone still hoping should contact ABP to check their status
Woooot wooot!!! 🙂I have been told offers are close to being made at the end of this month, anyone still hoping should contact ABP to check their status
They are still as tight lipped as ever so I have no idea... Got my schedule planned for next year anyway so I haven't had much hope in the past few weeks. Not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things I suppose... By the sound of it there were a lot of people from this applicant pool that got into Canadian schools. I haven't even written the DAT or applied to Canadian schools at all so it is worth a shot before leaving the country I guess.
Well, if a lot of students got into Canadian schools that means they will be declining their seats in Ireland! That opens up room for us! Don't lose faith. I haven't. 🙂They are still as tight lipped as ever so I have no idea... Got my schedule planned for next year anyway so I haven't had much hope in the past few weeks. Not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things I suppose... By the sound of it there were a lot of people from this applicant pool that got into Canadian schools. I haven't even written the DAT or applied to Canadian schools at all so it is worth a shot before leaving the country I guess.
thanks ashy, i asked them this week regarding my status, they replied theyve made no decision yet.. best of luck to everyone, it would seriously be sweet to get an offer now since I think most of us have put this on the back burnerI have been told offers are close to being made at the end of this month, anyone still hoping should contact ABP to check their status
Yah. Same here. Asked them the status of my application and got the same response. This is toture, honest to God.thanks ashy, i asked them this week regarding my status, they replied theyve made no decision yet.. best of luck to everyone, it would seriously be sweet to get an offer now since I think most of us have put this on the back burner
Maybe it is because I am days away from the second half of organic chemistry final and my life is consumed by reactions, mechanisms, and possible synthesis questions... Last chemistry class ever :') maybe after that is over my mind wont be in such a haze anymore and I will start caring again lol..
Nothing Aqua. But it will be soon. If I were you, register in your classes. You can always drop them, should you get accepted to Ireland.Still nothing?? This is getting ridiculous... I am mulling over my potential schedule for next year and classes are already filling up.. ughhh and maybe it will all be a waste of time when we hear back (hopefully very soon)
I have been told by robert that second round offers have been released
Eeeeeeeeeeekkk my stomach just flipped! OMG!I have been told by robert that second round offers have been released
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
But I'm thinking we should have received an email, no?Eeeeeeeeeeekkk my stomach just flipped! OMG!
No. But I sent them an email in regards to how we get notified. They said you would receive notification through AB via email. But I've read previous threads where students were not notified of acceptance via email. Oh who knows?!!!Lol so let me guess, not a single person has heard anything? uggghhh is is crazy
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 5K