attrition rate by school podiatry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

what is your school attrition rate?

• <3%

• 3%-4%

• 4%-5%

• 5%-6%

• >6%

• SHOW ME THE ANSWERS

Results are only viewable after voting.

ok, So I believe attrition rate is the best Red Flag indicator for whether a school has a faulty system anything above 6.0% I think it's sketchy I would like to know where can I get this numbers or can someone please list their attrition rate at their current school I understand that people leave for many different reasons but once an attrition rate is above 10% I think it is easy to say that the school system is at fault here.

can you guys take the time to post the name of the school year and the percent I think a lot of students can benefit from this greatly. Please give your 2 cents

Members don't see this ad.

ok, So I believe attrition rate is the best Red Flag indicator for whether a school has a faulty system anything above 6.0% I think it's sketchy I would like to know where can I get this numbers or can someone please list their attrition rate at their current school I understand that people leave for many different reasons but once an attrition rate is above 10% I think it is easy to say that the school system is at fault here.

can you guys take the time to post the name of the school year and the percent I think a lot of students can benefit from this greatly. Please give your 2 cents
These are questions you can ask in your interview

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If you average the 4 year graduation rates of all the pod schools you would be looking at about 80%. To put that into context, the average US MD school 4 year graduation rate is usually around 83%.

Once you start looking at 5 or 6 year graduation rates it goes up into the low to mid 90s% for both DPM and MD.

Reactions: 4 users
Kent student here and I don't think Ive recognized any source of attrition at this school this cycle; albiet I spend most of my free time at home watching tv or playing video games (So I don't know my classmates) but from my experience at Kent, any attrition would be more of a personal issue because the school provides ample resources for you to at least pass your classes if not do well.
The rumor is its about 15%

Reactions: 1 user
Going to a school that has both d.o. and dpm students I promise you podiatry school is easier.

Going to a school that has both d.o. and dpm students I promise you podiatry school is easier.

As a WesternU student where the medical curriculum and respective grading standards are identical, I would kindly beg to differ.

Reactions: 3 users
As a WesternU student where the medical curriculum and respective grading standards are identical, I would kindly beg to differ.
I believe western students are also taking the USMLE soon which means their curriculum is on par with the DO students as you said. I was a former carrib student and even at Kent I can say the material is just as difficult if not more difficult than Caribbean.

Did you go to MD Carribean school?

did you finish it?

pretty sure they are all MD programs in the Carribbean, I went to sgu though. No I didnt, I left after about a month to pursue podiatry and DO programs.

I literally take the same exams as the D.O. students and all their classes lol please elaborate.