Auburn 2025-2026 (c/o 2030 hopefuls)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hiii guyss. does anyone know if auburn is still requiring the CASper test for admission? i swear i can't find it on their website
 
hiii guyss. does anyone know if auburn is still requiring the CASper test for admission? i swear i can't find it on their website
hi. I believe it is not required, because it would indicate it, if it was the case. Also, I just took the test and in the list of vet schools, AU was not in it, so i am inclined to say no.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there a status update portal after the supplemental fee has been submitted? Or will they only be updating through email?
 
Received an email that admissions has started reviewing applications, decisions will be released late december and interviews are being held via zoom on dates January 12 to January 23, 2026.
 
Received an email that admissions has started reviewing applications, decisions will be released late december and interviews are being held via zoom on dates January [emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]] to January [emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]], [emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]]]].

Did they send this to everyone? I didn’t get this email.
 
i have no clue what to do 🥲. just got an email stating i don’t reach the minimum veterinary hours and it came to me i didn’t update my hour count before finally submitting it. ik that i do have the minimum requirement but based off my application it’s stating less hours. i’m waiting on a email response back but did i officially ruin my chances??
 
i have no clue what to do 🥲. just got an email stating i don’t reach the minimum veterinary hours and it came to me i didn’t update my hour count before finally submitting it. ik that i do have the minimum requirement but based off my application it’s stating less hours. i’m waiting on a email response back but did i officially ruin my chances??
If im understanding correctly, you didn’t report your experience hours correctly? I’m confused as to how your application is not stating the correct amount of hours?

The application allows you to update your experiences after verification till October timeframe.
 
If im understanding correctly, you didn’t report your experience hours correctly? I’m confused as to how your application is not stating the correct amount of hours?

The application allows you to update your experiences after verification till October timeframe.
on my end i cannot edit or change anything under the experience section. its reported correctly i forgot to go back and update the amount of weeks from when i started until now
 
on my end i cannot edit or change anything under the experience section. its reported correctly i forgot to go back and update the amount of weeks from when i started until now
I’m not really sure how to give advice to this. I think you can try to contact schools individually to let them know the error but I’m unsure as to how they would respond.

It’s very important to double check all information before submitting for verification as only new experiences can be added till October. Once you submit usually everything already submitted cannot be edited if it’s past the September deadline. Usually if it was before the September deadline you would’ve been able to have your application essentially sent back to you so you can edit it before resubmitting for verification.
 
Has anyone received any email from AU? The last email I have is they received my app and that I should receive an email from their office to let me know it has been processed/ finalized and this email would confirm any upcoming milestones. I submitted in aug 31.
 
Has anyone received any email from AU? The last email I have is they received my app and that I should receive an email from their office to let me know it has been processed/ finalized and this email would confirm any upcoming milestones. I submitted in aug 31.

Just received one stating they received all application materials ~2 hrs ago!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think it’s for instate, out of state, and contract Ky seats maybe? Not 100% sure on that though. Mine says Nova (Kentucky) committee.
 
Sending my very best wishes to everyone who got a rejection this morning, and my very best of luck to everyone who got an interview! If it didn't work out at Auburn, I hope your app will be recognized for how amazing it was elsewhere. And don't give up hope!
I'm feeling very very grateful for my OOS interview, especially because my silly self opened the email right before having another interview!
 
OOS rejection
good luck to everyone moving forward and to those who were rejected waiting to hear back from other schools!! 🙂
 
OOS rejection. Congratulations to everyone who was offered an interview!

For those rejected, is anybody else having trouble staying positive? This is the first school I’ve heard back from this cycle, and this is my second cycle. I’m scared this is setting the tone for how this cycle will go. 🙁
 
OOS rejection. Congratulations to everyone who was offered an interview!

For those rejected, is anybody else having trouble staying positive? This is the first school I’ve heard back from this cycle, and this is my second cycle. I’m scared this is setting the tone for how this cycle will go. 🙁
OOS Rejection here as well. Congrats to everyone who got an interview! Those who didn't, it's not the end, best of luck with all other schools. We got this!

You're not alone; I am also struggling to stay positive. This is my second rejection. But we keep waiting. I have heard from many other students that it's normal to get more rejections than anything else. Vet school admission is very competitive, and you are not the only one. So let's keep it up!
 
OOS rejection. Congratulations to everyone who was offered an interview!

For those rejected, is anybody else having trouble staying positive? This is the first school I’ve heard back from this cycle, and this is my second cycle. I’m scared this is setting the tone for how this cycle will go. 🙁
This was my third rejection this cycle and my second time applying. I only got one interview last cycle and ended up getting waitlisted at that school. I'm now rejected from 3/7 schools I applied to this cycle so I'm in the same boat. I'm already trying to figure out what to do if I don't get in again. My GPA is my weakest link so I feel like I need to take a year off from applying and do a masters program or something but with the BBB passing and not being able to get the entire cost of vet school covered through loans I feel like I can't waste those loan dollars on a master's program and need to save them if I do end up getting into vet school.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS Rejection here as well. Congrats to everyone who got an interview! Those who didn't, it's not the end, best of luck with all other schools. We got this!

You're not alone; I am also struggling to stay positive. This is my second rejection. But we keep waiting. I have heard from many other students that it's normal to get more rejections than anything else. Vet school admission is very competitive, and you are not the only one. So let's keep it up!
This is my 3rd rejection so far. I was enrolled at Ross the beginning of the year and withdrew for safety reasons so I’m really scared that’s what’s messing my app up 🙁
 
Sending my very best wishes to everyone who got a rejection this morning, and my very best of luck to everyone who got an interview! If it didn't work out at Auburn, I hope your app will be recognized for how amazing it was elsewhere. And don't give up hope!
I'm feeling very very grateful for my OOS interview, especially because my silly self opened the email right before having another interview!
Same here lmfao. And boy howdy, that sure was an interview hahaha
 
so I feel like I need to take a year off from applying and do a masters program or something but with the BBB passing and not being able to get the entire cost of vet school covered through loans I feel like I can't waste those loan dollars on a master's program and need to save them if I do end up getting into vet school.
i didn’t apply here, but i lurk on every thread :3 i would not recommend getting a masters degree if your heart is not into it but this isn’t the appropriate thread to discuss this and i don’t want to clog it up so i will search around to see if there is a similar thread started or if i should start one to discuss this.
 
OOS interview-Aurea
I had a dream a couple nights ago that I got offered an interview but I had to sing an aria.

Should I brush off my Quando M’en Vo’ ? 😜
 
Same here lmfao. And boy howdy, that sure was an interview hahaha
I just finished! I literally can't tell if I did well at all with a virtual interview bc I thought I did well on the CASPER and got 1st quartile. Hoping Auburn's interview style is better. It's not MMI right? It's a classic zoom interview?
 
I just finished! I literally can't tell if I did well at all with a virtual interview bc I thought I did well on the CASPER and got 1st quartile. Hoping Auburn's interview style is better. It's not MMI right? It's a classic zoom interview?
Yes i believe auburn is panel on zoom!
 
OOS rejection. Congratulations to everyone who was offered an interview!

For those rejected, is anybody else having trouble staying positive? This is the first school I’ve heard back from this cycle, and this is my second cycle. I’m scared this is setting the tone for how this cycle will go. 🙁
I also am an OOS rejection, but was accepted to a different state school as an OOS this past week or so.

Rejection is redirection, it sounds cheesy but it’s true! It’s hard to stay positive, but I look at this rejection as being one step closer to discovering what school you do align with!
 
I hope everyone's having a good celebration if they got an interview! It's my Friday so I'm dancing in my kitchen and eating a new mock meat that my animals keep trying to steal (aren't cats supposed to be obligate carnivores?? Why do they like my vegan food and also bread and peanut butter so much?)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hope everyone's having a good celebration if they got an interview! It's my Friday so I'm dancing in my kitchen and eating a new mock meat that my animals keep trying to steal (aren't cats supposed to be obligate carnivores?? Why do they like my vegan food and also bread and peanut butter so much?)
I also had veggie loaf for dinner. I’m omni but hubs is a pescatarian.
 
I also had veggie loaf for dinner. I’m omni but hubs is a pescatarian.
Mine was flavored textured vegetable protein... very good. In my family: Me, and partner are vegan, horse is vegetarian, and the cats and dog are omni. The cats are SUPPOSED to be carnivores, but they do not agree to this.... they love bread and vegan meats.
 
Pony is metabolic, so limited diet. Snake eats frozen/thawed. Tegu is supposed to be omni but is a picky toddler❤️. 2 Bunnies are herbi but incorrigible. Nemo will try to steal ice cream out of your mouth.