Auburn c/o 2016 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks Kizmet. Good to know as I'm having commitment issues...

Members don't see this ad.

I emailed Kaye to ask for any info about my (OOS) waitlist position (I had heard some people mention she'd tell you what 3rd you're in or something general like that) but she told me she couldn't tell me.

She did however tell me that only 6 people had said yes to their offers so there was a lot of offers left on the table. I just thought I'd share this info for anyone else on the waitlist.

I emailed Kaye to ask for any info about my (OOS) waitlist position (I had heard some people mention she'd tell you what 3rd you're in or something general like that) but she told me she couldn't tell me.

She did however tell me that only 6 people had said yes to their offers so there was a lot of offers left on the table. I just thought I'd share this info for anyone else on the waitlist.

Wow! Thanks that gives me a lot of hope :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed kaye last week....poking around for more info as well....she never emailed me back....so I guess I should email her again? Its usually not like her to not get right back via email....I figure they are really busy...

I emailed kaye last week....poking around for more info as well....she never emailed me back....so I guess I should email her again? Its usually not like her to not get right back via email....I figure they are really busy...

I'm not sure, this was the first time I had emailed her a question. I had sent it on Sunday so I wasn't expecting a response until at least Monday but she responded the same day (Sunday) so she was pretty fast in my case.

FWIW, the people that I know of that heard something, spoke with her on the phone, not through email. I'm sure she is way less likely to put it down in writing.

Only 6 people said yes to their acceptance offers or to their waitlist position? Just curious, I'm assuming you meant acceptance. Thanks for the info! And best of luck to everyone!

Only 6 people said yes to their acceptance offers or to their waitlist position? Just curious, I'm assuming you meant acceptance. Thanks for the info! And best of luck to everyone!

Acceptances. You don't really have to accept your waitlist spot. You can withdraw your application, but you don't really accept or reject your alternate spot.

Good luck to everyone interviewing this week. Like we keep saying (but no one believes us) just have fun, be yourself, and take a deep breath!

yep what emiloo said, acceptances

How are the interviews going Instaters? You guys are rather quiet . . .

I just received an email from Auburn this morning, a post-interview rejection. I hope that others have better luck this application cycle.
Good luck to the other applicants, It looks like I belong in next years class.

Out of state acceptances were emailed out this morning. I just got mine. Great news, but I was hoping for a phone call.

Members don't see this ad :)
Out of state acceptances were emailed out this morning. I just got mine. Great news, but I was hoping for a phone call.

Congrats! But why does it matter how you get accepted?

You're OOS and didn't get an email after interviews? I got an email the week after for waitlist. Kaye said she was notifying all acceptance offers by email! Very strange...

Got my acceptance email from Kaye this morning! I'm not gonna lie, I cried...in the student center...

Maybe they are people being taken off the waitlist?! :confused:

Out of state acceptances were emailed out the Thursday after interviews....so like a month ago :confused:

I got my waitlist notification today (I am a KY contract student). Extremely disappointed since this is my in state school. Does anyone have any info about how many Kentucky people were interviewed and what the chances are for waitlisters?

I got my waitlist notification today (I am a KY contract student). Extremely disappointed since this is my in state school. Does anyone have any info about how many Kentucky people were interviewed and what the chances are for waitlisters?

I'm OOS, but Kaye told me that they interviewed about 70 KY residents and accept 38. They put fewer than 10 on the waitlist. Hope that helps.

Thanks! It does help to have some of the figures so you at least kind of know what your chances are. :)

I got the email yesterday morning about 10. I stared at it for 5 minutes thinking if it was this early, it was bad. Finally opened and Congratulations! stared back. It still hasn't sunk in. Congrats to all accepted and if not, try again. Now the real work begins....

I found out yesterday that I was accepted too! :D Has anyone started a facebook group for the 2016 class? I know the OOS students have known about their offers for a while... Can't wait to meet you guys!

I have been reading the Auburn threads for several years now and I finally decided to post something. I am a 2nd year IS applicant and last year I was rejected, but this year I am an alternate. I was wondering if anyone has information on historically how much movement of the IS waitlist is to be expected? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Well They tend to go through more of the OS list then the instate list in most places because most instate students stay at their home state school because of reduced tuition. I was waitlisted last year at VA Tech which was my IS but I never got in. This year I got in.

Took myself off the wait list this morning. Good luck everyone!

Has anyone started looking for housing yet? I went out today and there's VERY little still available.

I think I'm going to call to decline my spot tomorrow...Emiloo if you're still thinking about Auburn, hope my spot goes to you!!!

Current students:
Have you heard anything from Kaye about when the waitlist will start to move? Just wondering because some people already had heard by this time last year and I am anxiously waiting to hear anything

I thought we weren't going to hear anything until at least after the April 15th deadline for the accepted to decide?!

Not sure if that's definitely true or not

I thought we weren't going to hear anything until at least after the April 15th deadline for the accepted to decide?!

Not sure if that's definitely true or not

If you look at last year's forum someone got called off on 4/4/11. Maybe it's different this year? I haven't heard anything about them waiting until after the 15th but they might

If you look at last year's forum someone got called off on 4/4/11. Maybe it's different this year? I haven't heard anything about them waiting until after the 15th but they might

Kaye said we won't know anything until after the April 16th deadline. Was it an IS spot from last year you saw? I mean in general with OOS, they may tell one or two people, but they usually don't fill all of their spots until April 16th bc people are waiting until the last day to make their decisions. I wouldn't expect anything sooner, and if it happens, great.

It is really nice to read about people that have made it and also, good luck to you who are waiting for spots to open up. I hope to be among the accepted at Auburn or another university someday.

Last edited:
It is really nice to read about people that have made it and also, good luck to you who are waiting for spots to open up. I hope to be among the accepted at Auburn or another university someday.

Now to my reason for posting. I would like to know if those of you who have been accepted to the vet program at Auburn did your undergrad work there? I have heard different things about the importance of doing your undergraduate work where you want to be accepted in vet school. Some say that you NEED to do you undergrads where you want to go to vet school so that the professors and others accepting the applications recognize your name, personally know you and are able to vouch for your work ethic and desire to be a vet ,and you also have the chance to volunteer and all those people to get to know you and can help you with your acceptance. Others say that it does not matter because the acceptance committee has a form they use to decide whether a person is accepted or not and they check things off on the form and the name of the person is never seen. I really was not sure which to believe and did not know where I should consider doing my undergraduate studies. If being at a university that has a vet program makes a difference in my being accepted, then I am there! If not, I will most likely choose the closest and cheapest, but best of those, and try to get in all the work experience I can in the meantime.

I would appreciate any help with answering my questions that you can give. Again, good luck to all of you who were accepted this year. If you were not accepted, there are some good blogs written by people who were not accepted their first year and they can really cheer you up and give you some good pointers. So don't give up and take time to read these for a little pick-me-up. I wish you all the best in the year to come!

Do closest and cheapest... I'm sure it doesn't hurt to go to the undergrad, but many many many people get into vet schools they didn't do their undergrad at (I'm one if that helps). Just think of how many vet schools there are (only 28 in the US) and how many different undergrads there are in the country. You can look at the breakdown on some school websites, but keep in mind the stats can be slightly swayed due to people attending that undergrad intending to go to the vet school. IMO.

Just for the call from Kaye! I'm in!!!! :). So excited! Can't wait to meet all of you

Just for the call from Kaye! I'm in!!!! :). So excited! Can't wait to meet all of you

AHHH I'm so happy for you and jealous of you at the same time!!!! :smuggrin::D
You're OOS right? I can't keep track lol.
CONGRATS!!!!!!! :love::thumbup::highfive::clap:

Hold out a little bit longer Emiloo. I'm sure you'll be getting your call soon. Then you'll be forced with the tough decision of instate vs OOS tuition. Best of luck to you.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Ha! I'm not holding my breath. Nor am I sure if I want to spend the extra money OOS. :(
But I reaaaallly want Auburn :bang:

Hold out a little bit longer Emiloo. I'm sure you'll be getting your call soon. Then you'll be forced with the tough decision of instate vs OOS tuition. Best of luck to you.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Is it bad that I'm almost hoping I don't get the call so I don't have to decide??? :-/

YaY Wildlike Woman!!!! Congratulations!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: :soexcited:

And I am hoping that you hear soon Emiloo :)

Last edited: