-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Auburn c/o 2025 Applicants
Started by PhiloslothicalStudent
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Me! OOS & second-time applicant - I technically applied to Auburn last year, but my application was pretty much immediately invalidated because I forgot to list when I was planning to take animal nutrition (
). One of my mentoring vets did her clinical year at Auburn and loved it, and I have an acquaintance who's a second year and loving it so far!
). One of my mentoring vets did her clinical year at Auburn and loved it, and I have an acquaintance who's a second year and loving it so far!WeagleBeagle
New Member
IS, 1st time non-trad applicant!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When do interview invites normally go out? I heard they would go out like the second Friday of December or something like that. Is that accurate?I’m a first year if you all have any questions!!! : )
Last year i got an interview invite Dec 13 and interviews were jan 28-feb 6 for OOS!When do interview invites normally go out? I heard they would go out like the second Friday of December or something like that. Is that accurate?
desperatevetstudent
Full Member
1st time applicant, OOS. only correspondence is the following email on October 28th!
Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine has received all of your application items. Your application is now complete, and is currently being reviewed.
At-large applicants (non-resident, non-contract seat applicants) selected to interview for a seat in the class of 2025 will receive an email invitation mid-December. Interviews for At-large applicants will take place between January 26, 2021 through February 4, 2021.
Should we have questions about your application, we will communicate with you using the email address that you input on your VMCAS application.
Thank you for considering Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine to pursue a career in veterinary medicine.
Sincerely,
Mr. Tajuan Sellars
Coordinator of Admissions
[email protected]
Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine has received all of your application items. Your application is now complete, and is currently being reviewed.
At-large applicants (non-resident, non-contract seat applicants) selected to interview for a seat in the class of 2025 will receive an email invitation mid-December. Interviews for At-large applicants will take place between January 26, 2021 through February 4, 2021.
Should we have questions about your application, we will communicate with you using the email address that you input on your VMCAS application.
Thank you for considering Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine to pursue a career in veterinary medicine.
Sincerely,
Mr. Tajuan Sellars
Coordinator of Admissions
[email protected]
1st time, OOS app (California... can you tell by all how often I use like? lol)
My only correspondence was similar to the one listed above BUT they were like clarifying when I would take a couple of prerequisite courses. I'm taking Animal Nutrition and Cell Biology this winter/spring and I had to like actually tell them on email. They got the information from me and said thanks, you're under review!
Waiting game sucks. But I believe in us all!
My only correspondence was similar to the one listed above BUT they were like clarifying when I would take a couple of prerequisite courses. I'm taking Animal Nutrition and Cell Biology this winter/spring and I had to like actually tell them on email. They got the information from me and said thanks, you're under review!
Waiting game sucks. But I believe in us all!
With interview invites hopefully coming out soon, for those who are at Auburn currently, what made you choose the program? What have been your favorite aspects of the program so far?
I personally loved the school itself and the campus around it. This sounds dumb but i’m definitely a “vibe” person and I got good vibes 😂 Everyone I met there was also so nice and emphasized how great the professors are. They’ve been really great working with us about covid and making sure we can come in to anatomy lab, come to class if we feel comfortable, and have the mental health care that we need. Coming from the north, it’s way warmer down here too!!With interview invites hopefully coming out soon, for those who are at Auburn currently, what made you choose the program? What have been your favorite aspects of the program so far?
I'm a vibes person too and I'm so happy to hear this. I go to UCD (undergrad) in CA and I definitely chose it for the vibes hahaI personally loved the school itself and the campus around it. This sounds dumb but i’m definitely a “vibe” person and I got good vibes 😂 Everyone I met there was also so nice and emphasized how great the professors are. They’ve been really great working with us about covid and making sure we can come in to anatomy lab, come to class if we feel comfortable, and have the mental health care that we need. Coming from the north, it’s way warmer down here too!!
I'm also really glad to hear that it sounds like they're working with what students are comfortable with under COVID regulations- esp the mental healthcare part!
That’s how I chose my undergrad too!! My first vet school interview was at my in state school and i got HORRIBLE “vibes”. The interview was terrible and it was just a horrible experience. Then I got to auburn and I loved it. I loved the campus, the people, the buildings/classrooms, everything.I'm a vibes person too and I'm so happy to hear this. I go to UCD (undergrad) in CA and I definitely chose it for the vibes haha
I'm also really glad to hear that it sounds like they're working with what students are comfortable with under COVID regulations- esp the mental healthcare part!
I hope we hear about interviews tomorrow! 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oooh I’m nervous!!! I’m expecting to hear from Purdue tomorrow as well!!I hope we hear about interviews tomorrow!![]()
how did you find this out??? or is this just a hopeful guess?I hope we hear about interviews tomorrow!![]()
how did you find this out??? or is this just a hopeful guess?
I did some snooping on threads from the past few years. The previous 2 application cycles interview invites for OOS students were released on the 2nd Friday in December!
MsJersey_1822
Full Member
For the in-state/contract applicants, does anyone know if Auburn will confirm that they have received our unofficial transcripts? Or are we just throwing it out to them and hoping for the best
I wonder if they’re trying to decide whether or not to do in-person interviews or not...Nothing here 🙁
I spoke to the admissions coordinator and they said they’re doing online interviews only.I wonder if they’re trying to decide whether or not to do in-person interviews or not...
🤞Hopefully we will hear sometime this week?!
For IS applicants are yall sending in your updated unofficial transcript or just final grades for Fall of 2020? I was just unsure because of the wording in the email they sent out.
MsJersey_1822
Full Member
I sent them a PDF version of my unofficial transcript that included my Fall 2020 grades. Hope that helps!For IS applicants are yall sending in your updated unofficial transcript or just final grades for Fall of 2020? I was just unsure because of the wording in the email they sent out.
Anyone think we might hear today or tomorrow?
OOS interview!!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS interview!!
OOS Rejected
jarjarprevet
Full Member
OOS interview! makes me feel better after being rejected from UF as IS
Same omg I cried after the ufl OOS rejection and then I got the auburn invite and felt a little better hahaOOS interview! makes me feel better after being rejected from UF as IS
OOS rejection as well, a little disappointed as I had high hopes for Auburn 🙁 I have interview invites at 2 other schools though, so it wasn’t as disappointing! Good luck to everyone who got invites!
afuturedogtor2025
New Member
OOS interview, Fingers crossed!
OOS rejected
desperatevetstudent
Full Member
OOS interview!
desperatevetstudent
Full Member
me too! I assumed exactly what you said! different committees to get through all the applicants.Does anyone know what the different committees are? Are they just to break up applicants into groups so they can interview more people? I got the Aurea committee
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What’s open vs closed book? Like if you can have notes?Does anyone know what the interview is like? Is it open book? closed book? Are they going to have any information session?
If the committee has reviewed your application vs if they have not!What’s open vs closed book? Like if you can have notes?
So whether or not they can ask specifics regarding our application?If the committee has reviewed your application vs if they have not!
um is there any other way to register for a time? I feel like an idiot but the link they sent only has log-in options, there is no option to make an account like the instructions say???