Auburn c/o 2027 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone have any idea how they determine the order for calls? OOS getting anxiousšŸ˜¬

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone have any idea how they determine the order for calls? OOS getting anxious

I would also like to know. I was fine when I thought it was just IS and contract. Iā€™ma need them to go ahead and reject me if thatā€™s the plan. For my mental health lol

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS acceptance!!!! Best phone call of my life!

Congratulations everyone! <3

Reactions: 4 users
OOS valor committee (p last name )

Reactions: 1 user
To those accepted- congrats! Have to askā€¦ were you later or earlier in the interview cycle in terms of date? Maybe thatā€™s what theyā€™re going by?

Reactions: 1 users
Well congrats and good luck to everyone else. I just got an email. OOS rejected.

Members don't see this ad :)
IS rejection.

Congratulations and good luck to those who received good news today!

OOS alternate. Anyone have any idea how much this list moves/how many are selected as alternates?

OOS Alternate.. any info on how many people are considered alternates

To those accepted- congrats! Have to askā€¦ were you later or earlier in the interview cycle in terms of date? Maybe thatā€™s what theyā€™re going by?
OOS acceptance, KY committee, interview was 28 Jan

Does anyone know if we can bring someone with us to the accepted students day?

Congrats to all that were accepted! If you guys have any questions, feel free to reach out.
-3rd year (4th in a few weeks!) at auburn!

Does anyone know how many people they put as alternates? I know they said they donā€™t share the amount of people on the alternate list or the order of the people on the list but was wondering if anyone knows any info from past cycles?

Does anyone know how many people they put as alternates? I know they said they donā€™t share the amount of people on the alternate list or the order of the people on the list but was wondering if anyone knows any info from past cycles?

I donā€™t think anyone knows sadly. Iā€™m also on the alternate list. Possibly praying multiple people drop their seats for another school

If anyone is on the waitlist as a KY contract seat applicant, I will probably decline my seat

Iā€™m so torn on what to do, yā€™all. I LOVE Auburn but am still waiting to hear back from my in-state school (UGA). Going out of state is going to be an extra ~100k over the 4 years and my fiancĆ© and I will either have to live between ATL/Aub and both commute an hour or long-distance the first four years of being married. I do really like UGA, and it makes SO much more sense to go there (if I get in, obviously) but I donā€™t know why I feel so drawn to AU. I know they would both prepare me well and I will come out with a DVM regardless. I donā€™t want to take on that much unnecessary debt just because ā€œI like the vibe more,ā€ but I am so torn.

I think writing a pros and cons list is very important. I chose my schools simply based on cost of living and tuition. I didnā€™t apply to my state school UPenn because even if I got in it was more expensive than out of state and I could never afford to live in Philly.

Is it wrong to ask how many people are on the waitlist? I just got denied from my IS school today so im not feeling very hopeful

Iā€™m so torn on what to do, yā€™all. I LOVE Auburn but am still waiting to hear back from my in-state school (UGA). Going out of state is going to be an extra ~100k over the 4 years and my fiancĆ© and I will either have to live between ATL/Aub and both commute an hour or long-distance the first four years of being married. I do really like UGA, and it makes SO much more sense to go there (if I get in, obviously) but I donā€™t know why I feel so drawn to AU. I know they would both prepare me well and I will come out with a DVM regardless. I donā€™t want to take on that much unnecessary debt just because ā€œI like the vibe more,ā€ but I am so torn.
I will say living between ATL and Auburn would be nearly impossible. The distance between is 2 hours on a GOOD day, 2.5 - 3 hours most days. My family and I travel to and from the Auburn/Lake Martin area all the time from Atlanta and it's horrendous at times. Plus many schools have the rule that you need to live within a certain distance of the vet school for when you're on-call, unsure about Auburn. Good luck either way!!

I will say living between ATL and Auburn would be nearly impossible. The distance between is 2 hours on a GOOD day, 2.5 - 3 hours most days. My family and I travel to and from the Auburn/Lake Martin area all the time from Atlanta and it's horrendous at times. Plus many schools have the rule that you need to live within a certain distance of the vet school for when you're on-call, unsure about Auburn. Good luck either way!!
Just came here to say youā€™re correct and we have to be within 20 minutes on clinics!

Unless you donā€™t have to take out loans, go to the cheapest school possible. Period.