Auburn c/o 2027 Hopefuls

Started by flotus
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to all that were accepted! If you guys have any questions, feel free to reach out.
-3rd year (4th in a few weeks!) at auburn!
 
Does anyone know how many people they put as alternates? I know they said they don’t share the amount of people on the alternate list or the order of the people on the list but was wondering if anyone knows any info from past cycles?
 
Does anyone know how many people they put as alternates? I know they said they don’t share the amount of people on the alternate list or the order of the people on the list but was wondering if anyone knows any info from past cycles?

I don’t think anyone knows sadly. I’m also on the alternate list. Possibly praying multiple people drop their seats for another school[emoji1787]
 
If anyone is on the waitlist as a KY contract seat applicant, I will probably decline my seat
 
I’m so torn on what to do, y’all. I LOVE Auburn but am still waiting to hear back from my in-state school (UGA). Going out of state is going to be an extra ~100k over the 4 years and my fiancé and I will either have to live between ATL/Aub and both commute an hour or long-distance the first four years of being married. I do really like UGA, and it makes SO much more sense to go there (if I get in, obviously) but I don’t know why I feel so drawn to AU. I know they would both prepare me well and I will come out with a DVM regardless. I don’t want to take on that much unnecessary debt just because “I like the vibe more,” but I am so torn.

I think writing a pros and cons list is very important. I chose my schools simply based on cost of living and tuition. I didn’t apply to my state school UPenn because even if I got in it was more expensive than out of state and I could never afford to live in Philly.
 
I’m so torn on what to do, y’all. I LOVE Auburn but am still waiting to hear back from my in-state school (UGA). Going out of state is going to be an extra ~100k over the 4 years and my fiancé and I will either have to live between ATL/Aub and both commute an hour or long-distance the first four years of being married. I do really like UGA, and it makes SO much more sense to go there (if I get in, obviously) but I don’t know why I feel so drawn to AU. I know they would both prepare me well and I will come out with a DVM regardless. I don’t want to take on that much unnecessary debt just because “I like the vibe more,” but I am so torn.
I will say living between ATL and Auburn would be nearly impossible. The distance between is 2 hours on a GOOD day, 2.5 - 3 hours most days. My family and I travel to and from the Auburn/Lake Martin area all the time from Atlanta and it's horrendous at times. Plus many schools have the rule that you need to live within a certain distance of the vet school for when you're on-call, unsure about Auburn. Good luck either way!!
 
I will say living between ATL and Auburn would be nearly impossible. The distance between is 2 hours on a GOOD day, 2.5 - 3 hours most days. My family and I travel to and from the Auburn/Lake Martin area all the time from Atlanta and it's horrendous at times. Plus many schools have the rule that you need to live within a certain distance of the vet school for when you're on-call, unsure about Auburn. Good luck either way!!
Just came here to say you’re correct and we have to be within 20 minutes on clinics!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m so torn on what to do, y’all. I LOVE Auburn but am still waiting to hear back from my in-state school (UGA). Going out of state is going to be an extra ~100k over the 4 years and my fiancé and I will either have to live between ATL/Aub and both commute an hour or long-distance the first four years of being married. I do really like UGA, and it makes SO much more sense to go there (if I get in, obviously) but I don’t know why I feel so drawn to AU. I know they would both prepare me well and I will come out with a DVM regardless. I don’t want to take on that much unnecessary debt just because “I like the vibe more,” but I am so torn.
Unless you don’t have to take out loans, go to the cheapest school possible. Period.