-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Auburn c/o 2027 Hopefuls
Started by flotus
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I feel the exact same 🥴Anyone have any idea how they determine the order for calls? OOS getting anxious😬
Anyone have any idea how they determine the order for calls? OOS getting anxious[emoji51]
I would also like to know. I was fine when I thought it was just IS and contract. I’ma need them to go ahead and reject me if that’s the plan. For my mental health lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Horsedogcowvet
Full Member
Yes I was IndyAnyone accepted from Indy committee yet?
WannabeCowDoc33
Full Member
OOS acceptance!! Got the call at 11. Valor Committee.
Yes I was AureaAnyone accepted from aurea committee?
IS rejection.
Congratulations and good luck to those who received good news today!
Congratulations and good luck to those who received good news today!
lindseyf23
Full Member
OOS alternate. Anyone have any idea how much this list moves/how many are selected as alternates?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Futuredvm777
Full Member
OOS Alternate.. any info on how many people are considered alternates
hkf98
Full Member
OOS alternate. Anyone have any idea how much this list moves/how many are selected as alternates?
Wondering the same
Lsexton11
Full Member
I was in the KY committee.Congrats to everyone accepted! Which committee were you guys in? And to everyone else, remember no news is good news!
Lsexton11
Full Member
OOS acceptance, KY committee, interview was 28 JanTo those accepted- congrats! Have to ask… were you later or earlier in the interview cycle in terms of date? Maybe that’s what they’re going by?
OOS alternate - also indy committee
Horsedogcowvet
Full Member
Who's all planning to go to admitted students day?
I am!Who's all planning to go to admitted students day?
WannabeCowDoc33
Full Member
I also am!
Horsedogcowvet
Full Member
Where are you planning to stay?
WannabeCowDoc33
Full Member
One of my best friends is a first year and we are staying with her!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bellezaloo
New Member
OOS alternate, congrats to everyone accepted!
Horsedogcowvet
Full Member
Does anyone know if we can bring someone with us to the accepted students day?
The RSVP said only the person invited can attend… I took that as a no we can’t bring anyone
Futuredvm777
Full Member
When do those offered a seat have to accept it by
Horsedogcowvet
Full Member
When do those offered a seat have to accept it by
I believe around April 17th
FutureERdogtor
Full Member
Does anyone know how many people they put as alternates? I know they said they don’t share the amount of people on the alternate list or the order of the people on the list but was wondering if anyone knows any info from past cycles?
I don’t think anyone knows sadly. I’m also on the alternate list. Possibly praying multiple people drop their seats for another school[emoji1787]
FutureERdogtor
Full Member
I’m so torn on what to do, y’all. I LOVE Auburn but am still waiting to hear back from my in-state school (UGA). Going out of state is going to be an extra ~100k over the 4 years and my fiancé and I will either have to live between ATL/Aub and both commute an hour or long-distance the first four years of being married. I do really like UGA, and it makes SO much more sense to go there (if I get in, obviously) but I don’t know why I feel so drawn to AU. I know they would both prepare me well and I will come out with a DVM regardless. I don’t want to take on that much unnecessary debt just because “I like the vibe more,” but I am so torn.
I think writing a pros and cons list is very important. I chose my schools simply based on cost of living and tuition. I didn’t apply to my state school UPenn because even if I got in it was more expensive than out of state and I could never afford to live in Philly.
Futuredvm777
Full Member
Is it wrong to ask how many people are on the waitlist? I just got denied from my IS school today so im not feeling very hopeful
laupaw27
Texas A&M c/o 2027
I will say living between ATL and Auburn would be nearly impossible. The distance between is 2 hours on a GOOD day, 2.5 - 3 hours most days. My family and I travel to and from the Auburn/Lake Martin area all the time from Atlanta and it's horrendous at times. Plus many schools have the rule that you need to live within a certain distance of the vet school for when you're on-call, unsure about Auburn. Good luck either way!!I’m so torn on what to do, y’all. I LOVE Auburn but am still waiting to hear back from my in-state school (UGA). Going out of state is going to be an extra ~100k over the 4 years and my fiancé and I will either have to live between ATL/Aub and both commute an hour or long-distance the first four years of being married. I do really like UGA, and it makes SO much more sense to go there (if I get in, obviously) but I don’t know why I feel so drawn to AU. I know they would both prepare me well and I will come out with a DVM regardless. I don’t want to take on that much unnecessary debt just because “I like the vibe more,” but I am so torn.
Just came here to say you’re correct and we have to be within 20 minutes on clinics!I will say living between ATL and Auburn would be nearly impossible. The distance between is 2 hours on a GOOD day, 2.5 - 3 hours most days. My family and I travel to and from the Auburn/Lake Martin area all the time from Atlanta and it's horrendous at times. Plus many schools have the rule that you need to live within a certain distance of the vet school for when you're on-call, unsure about Auburn. Good luck either way!!
bluepoodle14
New Member
Me! Got the call Friday morning. In state applicantAnyone accepted from Indy committee yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
alabamaslamma
scared money don't make money
is there a Facebook page or anything yet?
Unless you don’t have to take out loans, go to the cheapest school possible. Period.I’m so torn on what to do, y’all. I LOVE Auburn but am still waiting to hear back from my in-state school (UGA). Going out of state is going to be an extra ~100k over the 4 years and my fiancé and I will either have to live between ATL/Aub and both commute an hour or long-distance the first four years of being married. I do really like UGA, and it makes SO much more sense to go there (if I get in, obviously) but I don’t know why I feel so drawn to AU. I know they would both prepare me well and I will come out with a DVM regardless. I don’t want to take on that much unnecessary debt just because “I like the vibe more,” but I am so torn.
Horsedogcowvet
Full Member
is there a Facebook page or anything yet?
Not that I have seen
hkf98
Full Member
Online animal nutrition course anyone can recommend?
OK State