Auburn CVM c/o 2022 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted In State! Got the call at about 10:30 this morning

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
KY applicant here, no news yet!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How do they contact you to tell you if you are accepted or rejected? By email or phone?

I'm KY alternate :(
Not feeling too hopeful about losing that status. But apparently, like half of the KY seats may or may not be covered by the Kentucky budget, so my advisor says there's a small chance someone will balk about maybe having to pay OOS for 4 years and go somewhere else? any KY applicants heard anything about that?

KY resident, rejected.
I'm honestly so confused on what they were looking for, I felt so confident about my interview and application and was so shocked when I got the email :(
I love the school though so best of luck to everyone who got in!

I'm KY alternate :(
Not feeling too hopeful about losing that status. But apparently, like half of the KY seats may or may not be covered by the Kentucky budget, so my advisor says there's a small chance someone will balk about maybe having to pay OOS for 4 years and go somewhere else? any KY applicants heard anything about that?

Yes! It's still up in the air as of now but due to budget cuts KY might only be funding the difference between in state and out of state tuition (so the KY student pays in state) for 25 seats instead of 38. :/

KY resident, rejected.
I'm honestly so confused on what they were looking for, I felt so confident about my interview and application and was so shocked when I got the email :(
I love the school though so best of luck to everyone who got in!

I did too! I felt my interview went wonderfully. I'm an engineering major, so my GPA is a bit south of "okay" (3.3 :bag:). My advisor warned me that they were going to grill me about it but they never mentioned it! In fact they just harped on how "impressive" my academic background was. I was totally blindsided with the alternate email o_O.

Still, I loved the school, it was so gorgeous. Everyone who got a seat should feel extremely proud! :claps:

Hey guys, quick question. I dropped a physiology class (not a prereq) about a week or so before my interview. I was looking at the wording of my acceptance email and now I'm wondering if that will impact my acceptance? Does anyone who's gotten an acceptance email have any insight?
If it’s not a prerequisite it shouldn’t be a problem. They didn’t require it, so they shouldn’t care if you dropped it.

I did too! I felt my interview went wonderfully. I'm an engineering major, so my GPA is a bit south of "okay" (3.3 :bag:). My advisor warned me that they were going to grill me about it but they never mentioned it! In fact they just harped on how "impressive" my academic background was. I was totally blindsided with the alternate email o_O.

Still, I loved the school, it was so gorgeous. Everyone who got a seat should feel extremely proud! :claps:

For an engineering major, that's a fantastic GPA! I'm sure you did great, sounds like the competition was incredibly tough this year! I'll probably be applying next year so maybe we'll have better luck then! :)

So you actually went to Brazil for the research.? And how do you get to work with a researcher?

Yes, I went to Brazil! I lucked out and the primatologist I worked with is a family friend, and I just sent her a text one day asking if I could come to Brazil and work with her :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey y'all! I am heavily considering Auburn for vet school and was wondering if a current vet student could answer a few questions about Auburn's curriculum.
  1. How does grading work in each class? Is it just one end exam grade, or is it multiple quizzes and exams? Are there homework assignments thrown in there too? Does this differ depending on the class?
  2. Is it common for the students to share notes among each other? I.e. via a google doc or something to that effect.
  3. Do professors generally allow lectures to be recorded? I know this one may vary based on the professor; I find it very helpful to re-listen to lectures (and stop-start) if the professor moves quickly and the information is very dense.
Thanks so much in advance for any information!

Hey y'all! I am heavily considering Auburn for vet school and was wondering if a current vet student could answer a few questions about Auburn's curriculum.
  1. How does grading work in each class? Is it just one end exam grade, or is it multiple quizzes and exams? Are there homework assignments thrown in there too? Does this differ depending on the class?
  2. Is it common for the students to share notes among each other? I.e. via a google doc or something to that effect.
  3. Do professors generally allow lectures to be recorded? I know this one may vary based on the professor; I find it very helpful to re-listen to lectures (and stop-start) if the professor moves quickly and the information is very dense.

3. When I went to interview they mentioned that lectures are recorded so if you are sick or something you have the lecture and don't miss anything. As for the other questions idk.

1. Each class is different. Most classes will have grades composed of solely exams, or exams + quizzes. Some classes have "study sheets" worth extra credit points, and some classes have take-home quizzes to complete with the help of your friends & google.

2. There is a 1st year google drive that we created to share notes between each other, and the 2nd years have a website where they posted all their study materials from 1st year and 2nd year. We also have a class groupme that people use to send study guides, practice questions/images, and quizlets to everyone.

3. Every lecture is recorded on Panopto, so you will not have to record lectures yourself.

thank you both! that was really helpful.

Yes, I went to Brazil! I lucked out and the primatologist I worked with is a family friend, and I just sent her a text one day asking if I could come to Brazil and work with her :)
Whoa!! That is SSOO awesome

Hi guys! I just gave up my OOS spot at Auburn, so hopefully one of you on the alternate list will be contacted soon! It was such a difficult decision for me because I really did fall in love with Auburn. I know how nerve-wracking the waitlist is, so I hope I can make one of you OOS-ers happy today :love:

Reactions: 2 users
Just saw ad for a 2bd/1b house for rent near campus - no contact info in ad-trying to find it- will reply for those of you who may b looking $675

Attachments

• IMG_6389.PNG
    IMG_6389.PNG
    539.9 KB · Views: 51
Just posted ad for house for rent - can you pass along to anyone you know? Thanx- we wont need it- mayb someone else will
Yes, I went to Brazil! I lucked out and the primatologist I worked with is a family friend, and I just sent her a text one day asking if I could come to Brazil and work with her :)[/QUOTE

Just posted ad for house for rent - can you pass along to anyone you know? Thanx- we wont need it- mayb someone else will

Whoever sent the housing ad should post it on the Class of '22 Facebook group directly. I don't know the info for their housing situation so I doubt it would be beneficial for me to post it

Does anyone know the deadline to accept your out of state seat, waistlist count, or anything regarding the waitlist? I’m so anxious!

Does anyone know the deadline to accept your out of state seat, waistlist count, or anything regarding the waitlist? I’m so anxious!

The deadline across the board is April 16th this year, so I suspect we won’t hear anything until after then. Auburn does not tell you your spot on the waitlist so literally all we can do is wait...

I cant find it on facebook --- i see closed groups but not sure they are even the correct one. Can u give me the EXACT wording? Thanx
Whoever sent the housing ad should post it on the Class of '22 Facebook group directly. I don't know the info for their housing situation so I doubt it would be beneficial for me to post

I cant find it on facebook --- i see closed groups but not sure they are even the correct one. Can u give me the EXACT wording? Thanx

It is a closed group so only those that were accepted to the incoming class are in it. If you were accepted and you aren’t part of the group yet, you should email Tajuan for the Facebook invite.

Edit: upperclassmen looking for roommates or selling textbooks are also part of the new class group

Just got the call this morning! Called off the Kentucky waitlist!!! :soexcited:

Reactions: 5 users
Ty
It is a closed group so only those that were accepted to the incoming class are in it. If you were accepted and you aren’t part of the group yet, you should email Tajuan for the Facebook invite.

Edit: upperclassmen looking for roommates or selling textbooks are also part of the new class group

I got pulled off the waitlist at my top choice school yesterday. So I will be giving up my OOS spot at auburn! hopefully this helps one of you!

Reactions: 2 users
I got pulled off the waitlist at my top choice school yesterday. So I will be giving up my OOS spot at auburn! hopefully this helps one of you!
What was the deadline they gave you to accept your OOS spot?

Crickets...really hope some people start hearing things because it's looking discouraging so far

I wish they could just tell us if we have a chance because I'm so sick of waiting and hoping.

Do you think they would tell us if we called and asked if they had started calling or are done calling off the waitlist?

Another day come and gone and getting really worried!! Anyone have any info or update?

Maybe they over-accepted by a bit so the waitlist hasn’t moved? Either that or they’re waiting for the dust to settle as people switch around with movement from other schools this week...who knows

Maybe they over-accepted by a bit so the waitlist hasn’t moved? Either that or they’re waiting for the dust to settle as people switch around with movement from other schools this week...who knows
Ahhh I didn’t know schools over accept

Has someone tried to call them and ask what is going on? It's weird that no one has heard. Do you think they would tell us if the class is full? I'm stressing out.

Has someone tried to call them and ask what is going on? It's weird that no one has heard. Do you think they would tell us if the class is full? I'm stressing out.
Generally, schools do not announce that the class is full until much later, if at all. People can still decline their acceptances until August.